Old 12-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #151
Tech Addict

Dave,

No monster truck class this year?

Ed M.
bentgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #152
Tech Master

That is correct. We only have time to run 4 classes on sunday for the mains and the sportsman truck guys need a class.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #153
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samos234 View Post
This is not from the mouth of Dave or Ollie, but this is what would not be considered a sportsman driver.

Any form of chassic, fuel, or motor sponsorship. If you as a company are willing to sponsor someone, why would you want them to run sportsman. If you are good enough for a sponsor then you are good enough to run pro class.

Now if a hobby shop or a local dealer helps you out with prices, good job. I don't consider you a pro, just a good guy and friend probably and everyone needs a break in prices sometimes.

Again, this is my opinion. Dave and Ollie HATE sandbaggers and trust me they will not allow it.
Where can i find me some of these places ? I could use some discounted parts.
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:08 PM   #154
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Black

Awesome deal on having Murnan Mods and Coldfusion Fuel come aboard.

Uriah does some INSANE work on motors and Vernon makes some damn good fuel. Vernon will have fuel for sale at the race for those of you needing fuel.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:33 PM   #155
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Murnan Modified Motors + Cold Fusion Fuel = WINNER
Cell (352) 342-4400
Office voice and fax (352)546-5640
coldfusionfuel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:07 AM   #156
Tech Master

I don't have any sponsorships, but I am signed up for 1/8 buggy pro as I want to run with the best, is that a problem? If so I can move over to sportsman buggy. Finished in the c main in pro buggy at pnb08. So if any one is looking for a driver...well.....lol
Old 01-01-2009, 05:36 AM   #157
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are we there yet????????????
Cell (352) 342-4400
Office voice and fax (352)546-5640
coldfusionfuel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #158
Tech Master

Default Dave or Ollie

Now i know you guys cant quit your day jobs because of the millions of dollars you make off this race but is this race making enough money so that we can come to expect to have it every year ? Races like this are what keeps the industry going strong.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:09 AM   #159
Tech Addict

Any racer can run "Pro". In fact most guys will want to run Pro so they can run with the best and its the most competitive. I would say thay maybe 30% of Pro class drivers have some sort of sponsorship. Sportsman is for racers that are not out winning even local club races.

Sportsman give some the chance to experience what it is like to complete on a more level playing field. Sometimes i get tired of just getting out of the way of the fast guys. I gives a chance for the sportsman racers the opportunity to run longer mains instead of a 10 min C or D main.

If you are out running top 5 and consistant Amain quals than most of those racers will enter Pro.

The PNB guys know racing, and they know sandbagging when they see it. It is really frowned upon. Its easy to see who is doing it.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #160
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

This coming Saturday will be my 7 race ever! In the history of my life. After 8 years of bashing and running Nitro Off-road I finally decided to race. Of course I race Novice, but I qualified A-main all 6 races, and I have 1 win 1 second 2 thirds, and the rest are all top 5. This in no way makes me a PRO driver, and I wouldnt even think about racing against the pros yet. The pros at The Nitro Pit run 6-10 second faster laps than any of us novice drivers. Billy Fischer, Chris Wheeler, Maifield, Trevor Clement, Casey Peck, etc etc all race here with me and there is no way I can beat any of them! Dont forget that the reason some of us Novice drivers finish well every race is because we race against other novice drivers. I need at least 6 more months just to move up to Sportsman/Intermediate and I still wouldnt even consider racing Billy Fischer or Maifield, etc. so we are not all sandbaggers some of us are just better Novice, intermediate drivers than the rest
Old 01-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #161
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
This coming Saturday will be my 7 race ever! In the history of my life. After 8 years of bashing and running Nitro Off-road I finally decided to race. Of course I race Novice, but I qualified A-main all 6 races, and I have 1 win 1 second 2 thirds, and the rest are all top 5. This in no way makes me a PRO driver, and I wouldnt even think about racing against the pros yet. The pros at The Nitro Pit run 6-10 second faster laps than any of us novice drivers. Billy Fischer, Chris Wheeler, Maifield, Trevor Clement, Casey Peck, etc etc all race here with me and there is no way I can beat any of them! Dont forget that the reason some of us Novice drivers finish well every race is because we race against other novice drivers. I need at least 6 more months just to move up to Sportsman/Intermediate and I still wouldnt even consider racing Billy Fischer or Maifield, etc. so we are not all sandbaggers some of us are just better Novice, intermediate drivers than the rest
As big as the "Pit" is and you only run 6 seconds behind ? If they gave me a 6 sec head start i would still be over 6 seconds behind.
I run 6 seconds slower on a 20 second track to the locals around here, now thats a Sportsman, or i'm just very r/c challenged.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #162
Tech Lord

Yes the pros are 6-10 seconds faster laps than others, but the funny thing is the sportsamn/intermediate class run only about 3-5 seconds faster, this is an average and not indicative of every race.

Novice is about 50 second lap times
Sportsman is about 45 second
and Pros are usually under 40, on some days I have seen a few better. Billy Fischer has been just eating up all the tracks here in AZ during the current Point Championship. He is about 5 seconds on average faster than all the other pro drivers. Damn that boy can drive!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #163
Tech Addict

Jaz, you basically said it yourself..if you are running 50sec. laps at the PNB and the Pros are running 45sec. times than yes you should run sportsman. I have seen some sportsman drivers run the same times as the Pros and that is where it gets hairy. Sounds like u are doin good,
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #164
Tech Lord

Thanks Speedski, It sounds like the people who run the PNB have their stuff together. I'd love to make it out to next years event...hopefully I can keep up with the Sportsman class by then. peace, cant wait for the video!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #165
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Yes the pros are 6-10 seconds faster laps than others, but the funny thing is the sportsamn/intermediate class run only about 3-5 seconds faster, this is an average and not indicative of every race.

Novice is about 50 second lap times
Sportsman is about 45 second
and Pros are usually under 40, on some days I have seen a few better. Billy Fischer has been just eating up all the tracks here in AZ during the current Point Championship. He is about 5 seconds on average faster than all the other pro drivers. Damn that boy can drive!!!
Then i should talk to my race director and get him to start up a novice class just for me.
I've decided to run pro though because maybe that will get me to learn faster lap times.