Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pipe header combos on novarossi p5xs.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default Pipe header combos on novarossi p5xs.

Anybody know of a good pipe and header combo that offers good fuel mileage while still retaining good power? I am currently running an mbx6 with a 08 p5xs and using a novarossi 086 pipe coupled to a werks medium conical header. I chose to run the werks header due to clearance issues, anybody with an mbx6 will know what I am talking about. This combo has great power everywhere but I would like to get a little more runtime. I can practice and get around 8.45-9.00 minutes but on race pace I can only safely pit at about 7.00-7.5 minutes. I would really like to get to the 8-8.5 minute pit mark if possible, thats where the vspecs get me. Any ideas or advise?
Old 10-15-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

A non conical header will save a bit of fuel. A 2045 will get better mileage but kill some power.

In onroad I'm finding that running the high HP pipes with lower nitro % is giving better laptimes than 30% with more restrictive pipes but that's just me. 16% rules