R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2009, 08:29 AM   #196
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: dothan alabama
Posts: 391
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Another thing that everybody needs to remember that there has been issues with in other races YOU RACE YOU TURN MARSHALL if you have a substitute that is fine but it is your responsibility to make sure that person is there. it does not matter who you are or who you represent. there will be numbered areas that will represent your number from the prior run (qualifiers&mains) if that spot is empty that person will be penalized this will be addressed in the drivers meeting along with other issues so be sure to attend.
imjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:40 AM   #197
Tech Master
 
bgbelden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cleveland, TN
Posts: 1,980
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjammin View Post
Another thing that everybody needs to remember that there has been issues with in other races YOU RACE YOU TURN MARSHALL if you have a substitute that is fine but it is your responsibility to make sure that person is there. it does not matter who you are or who you represent. there will be numbered areas that will represent your number from the prior run (qualifiers&mains) if that spot is empty that person will be penalized this will be addressed in the drivers meeting along with other issues so be sure to attend.
At the CRCRC in Ohio they had a "you practice you marshall" policy which helped because generally you get 2 marshalls running all over the track and that is not fair. Some guys run 6 tanks and then go back to thier pit area until they run again. I tried to TM' at the PNB but i'm not gonna be the only guy chasing 20 cars on a big track.
__________________
''Life's tough ........
it's even tougher if you're stupid..''
-- John Wayne
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:50 AM   #198
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: dothan alabama
Posts: 391
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

about the only way to keep practice in order is to have controlled practice. this would be our last option so if we have that problem we will go to controlled practice maybe the honor system will work
imjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #199
Tech Regular
 
seayya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dothan, AL
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Track building will be done by:
Bobby Moore
Mario Cranford
Vernon Cook
Marcus Black
Tim Monday & myself
Plus a few others


One feature we will tell you about is that we will have atleast one section of the track that will be carpeted.

We are proud to announce that the Dothan Holiday Inn South is the premier choice for the Wiregrass Indoor Nationals event. www.hidothan.com Must mention "WIN RC" to get discounted rate.
__________________
[URL="www.murnanmodified.com"]Murnan Modified Motors[/URL] [URL="www.radiopost.com"]Radiopost[/URL] [URL="www.powermasterfuels.com"]Powermaster Fuels[/URL] [URL="www.agamausa.com"]Agama USA[/URL] [URL="www.hobbyprousa.com"]Hobby Pro USA[/URL] [URL="www.bukupower.com"]BuKu Power[/URL] [URL="www.fastlanegear.com"]Fastlane Graphix[/URL]
seayya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #200
Tech Fanatic
 
r1harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: purvis, ms
Posts: 968
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

i went to the losi race in Tampa a few years back.. on there practice you ran one tank and came down and marshalled. one guy tried to get two tanks in and they shut practice down for almost an hour...for discipline. it didnt happen again. sometimes the so called adults have to be treated like kids. and i am all for it.
__________________
TEAM AKA-RCAMERICA- Novarossi, Fusion Motorsports, W.E.D Custom Paint-Byron's Fuel - Blue Groove


JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:47 AM   #201
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: dothan alabama
Posts: 391
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

it would probaly be easier to control if you go for a 15 min run then tm
imjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:27 AM   #202
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOMEWHERE LUVIN ME SOME RC
Posts: 2,905
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seayya View Post
Track building will be done by:
Bobby Moore
Mario Cranford
Vernon Cook
Marcus Black
Tim Monday & myself
Plus a few others


One feature we will tell you about is that we will have atleast one section of the track that will be carpeted.

We are proud to announce that the Dothan Holiday Inn South is the premier choice for the Wiregrass Indoor Nationals event. www.hidothan.com Must mention "WIN RC" to get discounted rate.

nice
__________________
LATER COOKIE

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:49 AM   #203
Tech Master
 
bgbelden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cleveland, TN
Posts: 1,980
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1harper View Post
i went to the losi race in Tampa a few years back.. on there practice you ran one tank and came down and marshalled. one guy tried to get two tanks in and they shut practice down for almost an hour...for discipline. it didnt happen again. sometimes the so called adults have to be treated like kids. and i am all for it.
That's harsh but when you get a ton of people mad at you you learn to obey the rules.
__________________
''Life's tough ........
it's even tougher if you're stupid..''
-- John Wayne
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:55 AM   #204
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 4,835
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Keith call me when you get a minute...
__________________
Owner of the Speed Shop: A race prep shop for anything related to 1/10 and 1/8 off road racing. Check us out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Speed-Shop/382214705269137?ref=bookmarks
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #205
Tech Regular
 
seayya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dothan, AL
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

We like to thank 4C Hobby Supply for coming aboard for the Wiregrass Indoor Nationals.

www.4chobbysupply.com

__________________
[URL="www.murnanmodified.com"]Murnan Modified Motors[/URL] [URL="www.radiopost.com"]Radiopost[/URL] [URL="www.powermasterfuels.com"]Powermaster Fuels[/URL] [URL="www.agamausa.com"]Agama USA[/URL] [URL="www.hobbyprousa.com"]Hobby Pro USA[/URL] [URL="www.bukupower.com"]BuKu Power[/URL] [URL="www.fastlanegear.com"]Fastlane Graphix[/URL]
seayya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #206
Tech Fanatic
 
r1harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: purvis, ms
Posts: 968
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

any word on the camper deal
__________________
TEAM AKA-RCAMERICA- Novarossi, Fusion Motorsports, W.E.D Custom Paint-Byron's Fuel - Blue Groove


JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #207
Tech Regular
 
seayya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dothan, AL
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

We are meeting with the fairgrounds next Wednesday afternoon, so we should have some answers posted no later than Thursday evening.
__________________
[URL="www.murnanmodified.com"]Murnan Modified Motors[/URL] [URL="www.radiopost.com"]Radiopost[/URL] [URL="www.powermasterfuels.com"]Powermaster Fuels[/URL] [URL="www.agamausa.com"]Agama USA[/URL] [URL="www.hobbyprousa.com"]Hobby Pro USA[/URL] [URL="www.bukupower.com"]BuKu Power[/URL] [URL="www.fastlanegear.com"]Fastlane Graphix[/URL]
seayya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #208
Tech Master
 
skeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Odenville, Alabama
Posts: 1,272
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjammin View Post
about the only way to keep practice in order is to have controlled practice. this would be our last option so if we have that problem we will go to controlled practice maybe the honor system will work
IMO...controlled practice IS THE ONLY WAY for everyone to get GOOD practice and have fun.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #209
Tech Addict
 
bluer322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 576
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I playing on making the race, but its to far to drive. I have a ? can I take my stuff on the plane as A checked bag. May someone works for a airline or TSA or anyone who has done it or tried it before. please let me know thanks.
__________________
T. Nicholson
Murnan Modified Motors
Matrix Tires
Serpent, 748tq
bluer322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #210
Tech Adept
 
bige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Newton, AL
Posts: 148
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

You can check all of your stuff except fuel, WD-40, Nitro clean...check
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm

This is where you can find the TSA prohibited items in checked luggage...also i would check my car and stuff in a hard case with locks. and when TSA finished checking it you can have them put tape around it also to ensure security....Hard cases sometimes crack while being stacked so you could also saran wrap around it so if it cracks you don't lose anything...
__________________
LA Thunder Raceway
Glover Racing
bige is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:13 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net