R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-16-2008, 03:38 AM   #61
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
Boost. Hows the 4PK? Cant wait to pick mine up tomorrow. Want to see how it feels compared to my 3PK. How much you got it for?
Besides the look, the first thing you'll notice is the weight. It's not light enough to make you think it's cheap, but not too heavy. Plastic is different, has a matte to flat finish compared to the 3pk. Battery is tiny and NiMH. Buttons feel better, more connected. Wheel feels about the same, but is smaller - looks like a very low profile tire. Trigger feels more fluid. The jog button seems to be a bit more solid, gives a bit more control.

If you change out the wheel base for the drop down, you'll notice they gave a lot more cable this time so the job it much easier. I dropped mine down and tilted it at the same angle as the grip. Feels very comfortable.

The grip area feels better, less cramped. Also, less chance of hitting the D/R's by mistake. ...and the grip button is easier to hit.

Countdown timer is MUCH easier to use.

That's about as far as I've gotten with it. Have yet to drive with it, but so far so good. Took about 3 mins to set all the epas and reverse the servos.

Oh yeah, when you turn it on, then turn on the RX, you'll notice it takes about a half second or less to come alive, whereas the 3pk took a second or so to connect. Also seems like the delay is much improved, though the 3pk seemed fast, the 4pk just seems a little faster.

LED is massive! hehe.

With tax (8%) and all, it came to right near $500. I really hope it's ready for the long haul, because I don't plan on buying another radio for a looooong time. heheh.
boostfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:05 AM   #62
Tin
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the Info. Good Luck and enjoy your new Radio.

Tin
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #63
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Even cheaper! Whooo baby 385. Shipping is a little more then normal, but its fast

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....oducts_id=4717
Old 10-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #64
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDezPirate

damn dude its keep getting cheap and cheaper.. no wonder.. overstocked huh.. anyhow i wish i had waited bit longer before buying another 8ight rr.. ah.. haha.. oh well I needed an practice roller instead of using up expensive carbon fiber stuff..