Wiki Posts
Search

SpeedTV - Worlds Feature

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
nice video but correct me if im wrong the host said that these buggies were made in America example Losi,RC8 etc and the hot bodies in Japan .i dont think any buggy is made in America or Japan i know that they are contracted out to china and taiwan to be manufactured and assembled just the drawings are made in the usa and japan and maybe not even that. .please correct me if im wrong its just what i know.

didnt horizon get into some trouble a while ago with there spectrum saying it was made in usa but in reality it was only designed in the usa and made in indonesia or malaysia?
It's attitudes like this that constantly put a bad spin on things. The hobby gets a major break through into mainstream media like this and all you take away from it is to nitpick about where a buggy is made? That's pretty sad!

Awesome Job speed! I'll be sending some great feedback!
Old 10-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Semple - Based off is one thing, but where was the chassis made? Sure you can say designed (like Apple does with their products), developed, prototyped (is that a verb?), etc. but what does the 'Made In' label say that's on the box by law?

That is a verb, indeed. I fully understand what you're saying. Do you consider the Fusion a Mexican car? Or those Toyota's that are made in Cambridge, Ontario, Canadian cars?

So, do you consider the Losi a Taiwanese car? I had one for a year and felt that it was pretty obviously not made in the US or of particularly high quality material.

I'm happy with my Xray being made in Slovakia. But I'm curious, are Mugen Seiki and Kyosho, etc. actually stamped "Made In Japan" or are they produced in China/Taiwan?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

nice maybe next time they'll do a whole show of the entire race..I konw i'd tune in as well as many other rc'ers not fortunate enough to make it out to the worlds
Old 10-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Very cool.
THanks fo rthe link.
: )
Old 10-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

just as a side note.....I was watching a CORR "stadium/baja truck" (or whatever you want to call it) race on NBC last weekend and Traxxas is getting more and more involved in it. They had a couple of nice commercials during the race that showed a few of their rc trucks. I thought that was pretty cool and some pretty good mainstream exposure for the hobby. I thought it was good to see a commercial for something other than Tyco or Nikko junk that you buy at Wal-Mart.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

It sounds like alot of manufacturing will move back to the North American because of the cost of transport. Well atleast to mexico
Old 10-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

I left my feedback, lets hope they listen
Old 10-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
It sounds like alot of manufacturing will move back to the North American because of the cost of transport. Well atleast to mexico
mexico huh? thats kewl now we can just jump across the border and pick up a new kit for ohhh 20.00 U.S. dollers!!! LOL aaand mabey take in a bull fight while im there!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

nice video.... j robbers you were made for tv!!
Old 10-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Old 10-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by charly71
mexico huh? thats kewl now we can just jump across the border and pick up a new kit for ohhh 20.00 U.S. dollers!!! LOL aaand mabey take in a bull fight while im there!
I herd the "donkey show" was something interesting to see.