OS Speed vs. The new Ninja JX21

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS Speed vs. The new Ninja JX21

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Initiate

I am actually looking to do the opposite. I run an OS Speed/JP3 in an 8T 2.0 and am looking for more bottom end. I thought about buying a JX21 and use the speed as a backup, but maybe I could install a JX21 crank. Would this yield more bottom end from the speed?
Old 05-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CJKinney
I am actually looking to do the opposite. I run an OS Speed/JP3 in an 8T 2.0 and am looking for more bottom end. I thought about buying a JX21 and use the speed as a backup, but maybe I could install a JX21 crank. Would this yield more bottom end from the speed?
Not sure if you could really call it more bottom end. It would change the powerband though and make it less smooth throughout the powerband, including bottom end. If that is what you are looking for, it would do that. The ninja is a pretty smooth engine as it is. Not quite as smooth as a speed though.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

im curious to know does the ninja hit like the 1st speed motor, cause im told that the old speed is faster than the new..

and

are you guys saying the speed and the ninja is just as fast as 1 another...or does the ninja hit harder than the speed..or does it rev higher like wat would make me want to buy this motor vs the speed...(i know there both great motors...my cusin just doesnt believe this ninja can hang with the speed)
Old 05-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by reggie l.
im curious to know does the ninja hit like the 1st speed motor, cause im told that the old speed is faster than the new..

and

are you guys saying the speed and the ninja is just as fast as 1 another...or does the ninja hit harder than the speed..or does it rev higher like wat would make me want to buy this motor vs the speed...(i know there both great motors...my cusin just doesnt believe this ninja can hang with the speed)
Because of the crankshaft the speed has a smoother, more linear powerband than the ninja. Actual power output is almost identical between the two. The powerband is what differs. The ninja will hit harder on the bottom than a speed will.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Because of the crankshaft the speed has a smoother, more linear powerband than the ninja. Actual power output is almost identical between the two. The powerband is what differs. The ninja will hit harder on the bottom than a speed will.

thats wat i been telling him...but he's saying the new speed is tuned for the fule economy vs the old one was more power and speed...so are you comparing the ninja jx to the new or old speed
Old 05-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by reggie l.
thats wat i been telling him...but he's saying the new speed is tuned for the fule economy vs the old one was more power and speed...so are you comparing the ninja jx to the new or old speed
The only difference between the normal AL head speed and the new WC edition speed is the smaller carb restrictors. Well that is the only thing that will change preformance. All of the internal parts are the same. Basically they are the same engine. What I said applies to both. Now maybe because of the smaller restrictors the new version would make slightly less power. Other than that it will be the same.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

The only difference between the normal AL head speed and the new WC edition speed is the smaller carb restrictors. Well that is the only thing that will change preformance. All of the internal parts are the same. Basically they are the same engine. What I said applies to both. Now maybe because of the smaller restrictors the new version would make slightly less power. Other than that it will be the same.
yea thats wat i thought..thanks
Old 05-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Actually there is a difference in the old Speeds. The Original MAG Speed sleeve was changed during the same production run. The exhaust port was flat at the top and wide. Now it has a top curvature and not as wide on the sides and is identical to the JX21 Ninja exhaust port.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Actually there is a difference in the old Speeds. The Original MAG Speed sleeve was changed during the same production run. The exhaust port was flat at the top and wide. Now it has a top curvature and not as wide on the sides and is identical to the JX21 Ninja exhaust port.
That was only for the mag heads right? The AL has the same sleeve as the WC or speed 2 whatever they want to call it right?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Don't shoot the messenger!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...peed-slow.html
Old 05-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

That was only for the mag heads right? The AL has the same sleeve as the WC or speed 2 whatever they want to call it right?
Yes, the only changes on the AL version was the carb. With the carb installed, for offroad, the idle screw is now on top, not on the bottom.

As for the WC, I'm not 100% sure of the changes being carb inserts & head drilling only. I remember seeing a different crankshaft part number, but this part is generaly not available, but if so, directly from the distributor or importer.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Yes, the only changes on the AL version was the carb. With the carb installed, for offroad, the idle screw is now on top, not on the bottom.

As for the WC, I'm not 100% sure of the changes being carb inserts & head drilling only. I remember seeing a different crankshaft part number, but this part is generaly not available, but if so, directly from the distributor or importer.
Yep, yep, yep. My AL has that carb, though not all of them did. I believe that was made as a change to the 2008 speeds, just like it was with the v-spec.

I saw a magazine review somewhere on the WC and they seemed to think all of the internals were the same. I think it was rc-car mag, not sure though.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Whats the best pipe for the Ninja JX21??
Old 10-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

os 2050 and 2060 (i run the 2060 with the L header)
Old 10-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

The RE-10 will gives you more top end than the 2060, still has sick bomb end and the run times are still pretty good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.