R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-15-2008, 11:18 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does the jx have the same sleeve material as the vspec? I know the jx is a abc sleeve and I was thinking the vspec was made of a different material? Can anyone educate me on this?
blowpopracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:29 AM   #47
Tech Master

Mo-Bo0st that was one of the more simpler layouts I've seen there in a while but I havent raced there in a while either but layout at rev is not the problem that dirt changes from wet to dry like you wouldnt believe & becomes a totaly different track.The dirt at rev is I guess called DG,no matter how clean the track is if it gets dry it gets very skatey & the tires knock loose what looks like little sand pebbles

Yes most of the pros pretty much live there. That was a kind of big race but they randomly show up in groups like that during any given club race night.

Dana changes the track pretty often & sometimes the whole track is nothing but 30' triples but always with a huge straight & the use a radar gun at the end of it sometimes that you can see from the stand.

You become very fast very quickly running there alot but have to deal with 100+ people jammed shoulder to shoulder almost every club race night wich is why I dont race there any more, I'm in the hobby to reduce stress not add to it. The classes are also a little skewed there a little like a mid to upper sportsman at rev is usually considered mid pack expert level at any smaller club track.Notice I didnt use the word sandbag but I believe some one in the begginer class should hit the pipes some times & blow at least 1 corner per race.
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #48
Tech Apprentice

Good information about the Rev.

I also might have a distorted view on RC tracks being that The Nitro Pit is one of my local tracks.
Mo-Bo0st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:37 AM   #49
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Bo0st View Post
Could you possibly include the new Orion Wasp .21 in that shootout?
sorry Mo-Boost .....testing has already been done. Tony and myself had the privilege to see the graphs early,,,and all I can say is you'll find a JX in either one of our cars.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #50
Tech Apprentice

Damn...I was really interested in seeing how the Wasp and Ninja stacked up to each other.
Mo-Bo0st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:09 AM   #51
Tech Elite

Quote:
Damn...I was really interested in seeing how the Wasp and Ninja stacked up to each other.
I'm pretty sure the wasp is just a re bagged picco/jammin... The JX is a 5 port V Spec, with a coated crank. well worth the extra cash
Old 10-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #52
Tech Rookie

Default engines

I believe you can't go wrong to buy the grp I got about 2 gallons on mine and no signs of a bearing going out or anything. Plus I can almost get 10 minutes on a tank.
t spellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #53
Tech Addict

Quote:
That track looked...simple. Maybe it was just the way it appears in the video, but that track didnt appear to be very challenging.

With the caliber of drivers that were present though I would think it to be quite challenging. Unless they all just live there locally.
Yep,
The surface is what makes the track tricky. Its packed medium traction during the day, and loose loamy at night. It keeps you guessing what you car will do next, unless your setup is super dialed. The video doesn't show some of the double step down action while your turning, or the smaller stuff that can jump up and bite ya... LOL! Its funny when I go to other tracks after running here, I'm always amazed how much easier it is to get around on a higher traction surface. This is the home testing track for many manufacturers as many are local. You know what happens when the Pro drivers get tons of track time..... they get super fast!!!!!! Then a Joe BillyBob like me shows up and gets smoked. LOL!

Its still fun racing the fast guys, and I've learned a ton about what makes them fast after reviewing 100's of hours of race video in slow motion,.. over & over. I can really see what their suspension is doing on the track and try to get my stuff looking and working similar. But when it comes to motors, they always seem to get me. When I ran my RB C6BBT modified's I could actually gain on them on the straight but the C6 made too much power for the infield.

Its hard to decide a new OS Speed or JX21....? Like many of you times are tough financially for me, so that $500.00 tag is a bit much. Same old chit.. wife got a new car last week, wants a baby this week, a new driveway, new carpet, new clothes, new shoes, new purses (yes plural), and it never ends...

LOL!
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #54
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Dan View Post
James. The speed is insane on top. Being able to pull 4-5 car lengths down the straight and then inside jump everything is awesome. I think we need to work on your needles and pipe. 2050? the power is there for sure!
I'm running the 2060, and yes it could be tuning. I was also wondering if a different gear ratio might suit the Speed better...?

Hmmm
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #55
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowpopracer View Post
Does the jx have the same sleeve material as the vspec? I know the jx is a abc sleeve and I was thinking the vspec was made of a different material? Can anyone educate me on this?
Can anyone help me with the above question?
blowpopracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:40 PM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
sorry Mo-Boost .....testing has already been done. Tony and myself had the privilege to see the graphs early,,,and all I can say is you'll find a JX in either one of our cars.

Did you see the graph with the changed out head button?

WOW..WOW..WOW!

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:15 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysScrews View Post

WOW..WOW..WOW!
what head button did they use? was this on the jx?
xsandmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

wheres the graph at tony
Old 10-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysScrews View Post

WOW..WOW..WOW!
sick results! I'm going down tomorrow to mod and break in my new JX. Tony do you know if the p5 JX plug is a NEW plug , or did ninja just want to keep them in numeric order, and the p5 is actually a p6?
Old 10-16-2008, 05:50 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

longevity....longevity.....If the JX last half as much as my old EB Mod VSpec I will be getting one pretty soon...
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote