Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperbill1963 View Post
hmm last time i looked the os speed 21 was a 5 port motor .....yup that what it says in the motor manual
Speed is a 3 port V-Spec. The JX is 5 port.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCrazy View Post
Ummmm... yes! I run against Drake, Kody King, Ryan Lutz, Mike Truhe, and all of team Losi on a weekly basis at Revs. Last week it was Drake and Colby, this week its Kody King and Ryan Lutz. Wouldn't you want all the help you can get. I'm a privateer running with these guys, so everything has to be perfect to even finish on the same lap as them (rarely happens). Heck even making the A-main with them is nearly impossible these days, we have so many good semi Pro B-team racers here. Drivers from other regions don't understand, that out here in Southern California our Sportman class drivers our nearly Expert or Pro level, and our fast privateer/Expert Locals are like Pro level back east. This is the 1/8th RC mecca and its going year round! If you race here in Expert/Pro class you know what I mean. So, I'm going to say yes that at my local track I am that good (for a privateer), and need a modded speed so these super-star Pros dont pull me on the straight. Its bad enough that I cant hang with them in the infield!
it really doesnt make a diff who's names you want to put in your post the reply wasnt really a stab at you, but your saying that your so fast and smooth that the $500 speed isnt fast enough.more power,explosive power = wheel spin. i've been to some electric races where the stock class are turning almost the same lap times as the mod. the straight is important to have a car handle well but the infield( turns ) is where you will make up the most time. coming off of corners is the key to fast laps,making your straight as long as pos. and getting as much power to the ground with out just lighting up the tires.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:35 AM   #33
Tech Addict

whats the difference between a 5 port and a 3 port???
downunder23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #34
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCrazy View Post
Ummmm... yes! I run against Drake, Kody King, Ryan Lutz, Mike Truhe, and all of team Losi on a weekly basis at Revs. Last week it was Drake and Colby, this week its Kody King and Ryan Lutz. Wouldn't you want all the help you can get. I'm a privateer running with these guys, so everything has to be perfect to even finish on the same lap as them (rarely happens). Heck even making the A-main with them is nearly impossible these days, we have so many good semi Pro B-team racers here. Drivers from other regions don't understand, that out here in Southern California our Sportman class drivers our nearly Expert or Pro level, and our fast privateer/Expert Locals are like Pro level back east. This is the 1/8th RC mecca and its going year round! If you race here in Expert/Pro class you know what I mean. So, I'm going to say yes that at my local track I am that good (for a privateer), and need a modded speed so these super-star Pros dont pull me on the straight. Its bad enough that I cant hang with them in the infield!

I'm with you on that CarCrazy....what up? On any given night there are at least three to four pros and five to six pro B drivers to race against. The other night I went out to our local track (Revelation Raceway) and saw the hole Losi Team out there.....Drake, Truhe, Cohlby, Kevin Gahan, Hodge and Dynamite. Then you can't forget about Lutz and Paul Coleman and his crew.

I know for myself I need the best equipment I can get in order to make it to the big show (A-Main). For me it's hard because I'm better than most Sporstman but I'm barely getting into some A-Mains in Expert/Pro. So if that means getting the fastest motor I can find to help me out somewhere on the track...I'm all for it.

Team Losi Racing | Airtronics | Proline | TKO | Nitrotane Fuel

LRH Hobbies/lrhhobbies.com | Volume Bikes |818 Graphics
Bogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:19 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder23 View Post
whats the difference between a 5 port and a 3 port???
In general, the 3 port will have strong bottom end power and torque while the 5 port have good bottom, strong mid and more topend than the 3 port.

Comparing the JX and Speed just by ports will not be that simple as the Speed has a double balanced crank and the JX does not.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:45 AM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Data will be out shortly on the V-Spec vs Speed vs JX-21 (dyno graphs)

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #37
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysScrews View Post
Nice!!! I cant wait!
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:14 AM   #38
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan42r View Post
it really doesnt make a diff who's names you want to put in your post the reply wasnt really a stab at you, but your saying that your so fast and smooth that the $500 speed isnt fast enough.more power,explosive power = wheel spin. i've been to some electric races where the stock class are turning almost the same lap times as the mod. the straight is important to have a car handle well but the infield( turns ) is where you will make up the most time. coming off of corners is the key to fast laps,making your straight as long as pos. and getting as much power to the ground with out just lighting up the tires.
It does make a difference who your racing with... and this isnt electric.

I agree, traction & getting power to the ground is very important, and I think the OS Speed does this best. However when running with factory drivers, you have to know they have their motors "right on the edge", and will gain 6-10 feet on you after mid way down the straight if your not tuned the same, or have equivalent power. Now ad this up.. (10' feet x 10 laps),.... thats a 100' feet they picked on you just on the straight, purely because they have more power. On the infield,.. and on your best day, you might hang with them for a lap, but then you hit the straight and they gain with nothing but better equipment, its just disappointing. Thats what I'm up against.... so do I need something with a bit more power on the mid and top..... YES! LOL!
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #39
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Here's an example of the racing at Rev....

http://revver.com/video/1241966/rc-p...-a-mian-video/

At least it helped me understand, what the drivers were talking about.
DogboneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogboneS View Post

great video footage yet again from RC Underground...and yes the JX is a great motor for Rev given the size of the track
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #41
AE

James. The speed is insane on top. Being able to pull 4-5 car lengths down the straight and then inside jump everything is awesome. I think we need to work on your needles and pipe. 2050? the power is there for sure!
Dyno Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Dan View Post
James. The speed is insane on top. Being able to pull 4-5 car lengths down the straight and then inside jump everything is awesome. I think we need to work on your needles and pipe. 2050? the power is there for sure!
My speed motor runs outstanding with the 2060 pipe, however it's a dud with the 2050. Is this a tuning issue? The 2050 makes my eb mods v spec turn into a wild man. The ninja is next on my list. A v spec brother, can't go wrong.
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #43
AE

yup. Get her to crackle on the needle, and set the HSN just shy of running on and look out! the 2060 is very good on the speed, just a little mellower on bottom and builds torque a little later. braaaaaap!
Dyno Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:59 PM   #44
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysScrews View Post

Could you possibly include the new Orion Wasp .21 in that shootout?
Mo-Bo0st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #45
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogboneS View Post

That track looked...simple. Maybe it was just the way it appears in the video, but that track didnt appear to be very challenging.

With the caliber of drivers that were present though I would think it to be quite challenging. Unless they all just live there locally.
Mo-Bo0st is offline   Reply With Quote