R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-05-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Help. New Engine.

hey guys im going to be gettin a new engine, and after lokin around a bit i have heard alot of good things about the GO Tech. engines. Just got a few questions. I will be mostly driving on a smaller track, would the 5 or 7 port be better, ive heard the 5 port uses its power quicker and all but doesnt have quite as much up top. My thoughts were gettin the 7 port with a Dynamite High Torque pipe. Also If you guys suggest the 5 or 7 port wich pipe and plug do you guys run that works the best for you. thanks alot guys
QDAWGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I just got my first Go 7p turbo and I am pleasently suprised. Not just at the modest price but also at the power this engine is a beast with no but's. Some people talk about there difficult to tune I didn't have any problems. A 086 pipe is what I am running and the general consensus is thats the correct pipe for them.

If your on a short track the top speed of the Go would probally be waisted. I am an RB man without a doubt. I would suggest a RB 3 or 5 port with a 2045. 5P is $229 and 3P is $189 with nothing but upside to both. Long lasting and very easy to tune. A 5P or 3P is what you want on short tracks.

If you choose the GO I would say also a 3 or 5P should do the trick. However for a few dollars more that 7P would be very tempting.

Good Luck!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #3
Tech Addict

as Val said your better off with the 3pt r-spec or the 5 port for smaller tracks

I run either the go 2047 or the Go 0801 pipes but the 086 is also a good choice but I find i get better run time with the go pipes.

the dynamite hy torque pipe gives you ok bottom end on the 7pt but run time sux and I've found that the 2047 pipe with a long header gives you alot more bottom end with out loosing run time.

are you going turbo or standard head, if turbo plugs are a personal choice thing really I use novarossi myself but a lot of guys are using OS so try some different plus to find out what works best for you conditions the os p3 or p4 is a good place to start

hope this helps

Adrian

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

just my humble opinion on the go motors ....

i have ran the 3 port , 3port-r, 5port, and the 7 port .....that being said .....

most people and myself will tell ya ...the 5 port is way to much off on bottom power ....the 5 port is perfect for truggies ..and always run an 086 pipe or the 0801 go pipe
the 3port standard for 124 bucks ...is an awesome short club race mill 086 pipe
the 3port-r is alot smoother than the 5 port with massive bottom 086 pipe works good on truggy and buggy ...im currently running one on my jammin crt
the 7 port is the best of all the go motors for a buggy ...put a 053 dyn pipe on it ...the power is so linear and smooth ....its an awesome mill and my favorite of all there motors ...
ive gotten 5-6 gallons of hard racing on the 5,7,3standard ....so for the price you cant go wrong ...if you get a 5 port they arfe very tight ...tighter it seems than the others ....but recently they have lightened there tolerances because alot of people complaining that they were impossible to break in ...
dont believe everything you here on tuning go motors ...especially if you have been running v-specs and other motors that are notoriously easy to tune ...a little turn goes a long way on the go motors ...as the taper and length of the needles are a little different than say like o.s. motors ....
hope that helped out to ...later

opps and i use odonells 97t plugs

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

thanks guys. i think im going to get the 7 port with the OFNA 086. (does this pipe come in an anadized finish??) and ODONNELL plugs. Ill let you know how the break in and tunning goes is there anything else i should know about this engine regarding break in or anything else. if not thanks alot for the help.
QDAWGG is offline   Reply With Quote