R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

here let me put some things in to clarify

we are the US dist for Hong Nor and Hobao, and other parts of world they will have a different dist like CML in Europe. So the cars are divided like this

Hong Nor
Ultra series car including GTP and Dirt oval
Jammin line
some of the wheels and tires they both have their own line
Blazers
Titons
CD3 and LD3
OB4
9.5 series
DM-1

Hobao
Hyper series cars
Dominators
Gpx4
Monster Pirates
Hyper 10's

I myself have lost thought hear because we have so many items

But if you look at the level of cars you see they have a enrty to competion level and some are right in the middle of the middle cars were on the competion level at one time till geometries got futher in

If you look in to good cars that don't get too crazy and have the performance you need then I would look into either the Picco 9.5 which the engine is not bad has good torque with good straight speed for a 3 port engine, and the Hyper TQ black edition which has been a solid car from day one as a competion car good suspension with alot of tuning in mind if you want to take it to the next stage, I have not seen the engine run but if it's like the .28 engine then the Hyper will keeps it's name in the game of Basher and Weekend warrior, they both have improved from their earlier cousins like bigger shocks(9.5 has 16mm big bores and the Hyper has the ST 14mm shocks)which has made them more competitive, it's hard to decide because I like them both for the money but I would lean a lil more on the Picco because of the Picco engine.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #32
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the picco buggy over the Hyper7 because of the engine!! WHAT ????.. Dude did a rock fall off the sky and hit you on your head???? dude... you know how much $ you will have to spend on the picco buggy in order to make a racer out of it!!!!! now... count how much $ you will need to make the H7 a racer... welll, the H7 TQ or the H7 Black Edition are already a budget racer and doesn't need a whole lota cash to make it even better.. besides it will handle 100 times better that the Picco buggy..
"some of these OFNA guys must live on the dark side of the moon!!!"
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #33
Tech Elite

This is out of the box set up i have run that picco engine at Rev and was suprized how it ran being a 3 port buget engine and i wanted to make sure it wasn't a spoof so I put that engine in a friend's car and ran killer, the take off is what gets me into the 9.5.

DJ
Ofna Racing
Old 10-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #34
D8
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
This is out of the box set up i have run that picco engine at Rev and was suprized how it ran being a 3 port buget engine and i wanted to make sure it wasn't a spoof so I put that engine in a friend's car and ran killer, the take off is what gets me into the 9.5.

DJ
Ofna Racing
ok... so, R2= DJ

DJ... I know that you have good knowledge in the rc world and you know that the Picco buggy is just a good basher., I will agree with you about the engine.. I love the Picco engines but, that is the only plus with the Picco buggy if you were going to take the buggy to the track... besides the engine, you need to come up with some good cash to get a racer from the Picco buggy. you also know how expensive is to rebuild picco engines, so if the engine goes then what? you will spend well over $100 just to get the parts, hell.. you can just about buy another engine with the amout of cash that takes to fix the picco engines..

Last edited by D8; 10-09-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:35 PM   #35
Tech Elite

In this case this is a buget 3 port the piston and sleeve is only $74.95 list price, the car is not bad after the 16mm shocks about the only thins this whould need as an upgrade would be the rear toe plate, now if the Picco engine was dropped into the Hyper that would be a ++, I have Mutilator which has the 9.5 gearboxes and everything down the middle and has been pretty tough even with a Picco .28 P3.

BOTH ARE GOOD JUST PICK A WEAPON
Old 10-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8 View Post
what's what I thought!!! anyways... Big Dave needs to sell OFNA to Nitrohouse and I bet that more pro drivers will jump in the wagon...
There is no way nitrohouse would be able to buy ofna. Ofna is huge and Nitrohouse is a mail order/internet shop with a small front counter. Ofna on the other had is 100 times the size. They are both great guys and have some awesome people working for both companies.

If you can make it I can break it
chris c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #37
D8
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris c View Post
There is no way nitrohouse would be able to buy ofna. Ofna is huge and Nitrohouse is a mail order/internet shop with a small front counter. Ofna on the other had is 100 times the size. They are both great guys and have some awesome people working for both companies.
I was just beeing sarcastic!! but, I believe that Dave needs to stay away from OFNA and let someone else make better decisions... there has to be a reason why, no other good pro drivers wants to be part of them..

Last edited by D8; 10-09-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #38
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I would like to get a clearer picture into this whole Dave owns Ofna, Tim owns Nitrohouse thing. Isn't Tim the lead Designer, and R&D guy for the Hyper 9? So does Tim also work for Hobao? What is Tim's affiliation with Ofna?
Old 10-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #39
Tech Rookie

Default Hong Nor Ultra GT

Hello Gents,

I need to revive my old HONG NOR ultra GT. Last time i looked at it was 10 years ago with the knowledge that it had missing parts and a shot center differential. I still have the manual but the kit is in pieces ... more like 90% complete.

This kit has sentimental value for me, it was gifted to me by my father...and I would like to repair it to mint condition no matter the cost and let it sit knowing its functional and happy again.

Can anyone give me suggestion as to where I can find parts? I tried looking in to the Hong Nor Enterprise website and found no luck. I did send them an email so hopefully I get a response from them.

I did make my way to the OFNA website because to my memory the kit came in an "OFNA" box...and yet the manual says HONG NOR.... I was younger at the time and did not pay much attention to packaging.

I would be content with matching parts from a similar more recent model to retro-fit...but I am in desperate need to get her ripping again...

Thank you all, I hope ....

Regards

Tsukai
tengarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #40
Tech Elite

We still have parts for it and you can go on OFNAWHEREHOUSE.com to purchase parts, depending on what you may need I'll list sme of the center diff parts for you.

30111 screw and nut maintain kit
31040 spur
30769 internal spider gears
30771 diff shaft
30779 o-ring and pin kit
30773 diff cross pins
30761 center diff case
30170 out drive cups
30620 bearings 7x-19x5mm