R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #121
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Actually there were 5 guys that were sponsored, not 19. The number 19 were the number of people that voted to let them stay in the same class, I know for a fact, because I was in int. buggy and truggy. I have NO sponsors, so in case you were wondering.
gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #122
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anybody know where i can find results?
MiniT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #123
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

chassy sponsored and racin in Int Feel good about yourself boys...you beat a bunch of N00bs.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #124
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default Chassis Sponsor

Thanks for clearing up the vote issue, as there were only 5 that stepped forward as chassis sponsored drivers. The rest were just voting to let it be and keep on racing. It seemed almost impossible to fix the issue as we were already starting the 2nd round.

Just for further clarification, I actually won both classes and do NOT have a chassis sponsor. I'm pretty sure that 2nd and 3rd didn't either. I definitely think that the creation of the Pro-Expert-Int class was a great move as this will let the racers settle into their proper class in the future. The qualifying times were less than 20 seconds apart in some rounds for TQ for Int-Exp-Pro. Obviously, some of us need to move up. I actually thought they weren't creating the 3rd class until AFTER the finals. Anyway, it was great racing and met a lot of new faces, looking forward to next season.

Jason
MercyRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #125
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can someone maybe post resuts for the intermediate buggy A main?
MiniT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:39 PM   #126
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For such a huge, important race, it's sad that results are not posted online. My local track can get results posted in a few hours what's up?
Electric Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #127
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Dave View Post
For such a huge, important race, it's sad that results are not posted online. My local track can get results posted in a few hours what's up?
Wow, give Carlton a break. First off, living at the track for the better part of a week and not being at home has a lot to do with it. I'm sure Carlton left there sunday and it was the very first thing he wanted to do as soon as he drove home and walked into the door of his house.
jetmechG550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #128
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Patience my friend. Everyones just trying to catch up on rest and get things back to normal. I am sure the results will be posted asap.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #129
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I felt bad when I realized they had held a vote. I was out getting luch. When I came back my buddies told be about the voting for the intermediate buggy. Had I been there the vote would have been 19-19.

I definately like the challenge and that made me focus more. But I don't know that it affected my results. Mostly cause when it was time for the A main, I drove like total crap. I actually pulled the buggy off after about 10-15 minutes, which was after 4 tire changes and all kinds of radio adjustments. I definately didn't have the experience to drive that track during the main. I'd never been on a track with those conditions.

I already can't wait for next year. I'm gonna try to simulate those conditions as much as possible this next year. If a driver can do good in those conditions, he/she will be fast no matter what.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #130
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Your local track doesn't have 200+ entries and 3 days of quals and mains to deal with, that's what's up.
cjtamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:11 AM   #131
Tech Regular

Look, I'm not coming down on the organizers of this event or anything. I was just stating that I wanted to see the results and it's unusual for it to take this long to get them posted. I know how much effort it takes to pull off something of this scale and I know everyone is doing their best.

As for the comment above, the Export command works the same for 10 or several hundred entries. We do use computers for these things you know...
Old 11-11-2008, 07:23 AM   #132
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Look, I'm not coming down on the organizers of this event or anything. I was just stating that I wanted to see the results and it's unusual for it to take this long to get them posted. I know how much effort it takes to pull off something of this scale and I know everyone is doing their best.

As for the comment above, the Export command works the same for 10 or several hundred entries. We do use computers for these things you know...
Yep, and they always work seamlessly I'm sure. You already know they had computer problems. Add to that the fact that CD has been out of town for a week and probably didn't leave Alvarado until well after midnight, so it's been not much more than 24 hours since he headed home. When you put up posts that say, " ... it's sad that results are not posted online" it sure sounds like coming down on the organizers to me. Unless you think someone else should be responsible for posting the results?
cjtamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:27 AM   #133
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtamu View Post
Yep, and they always work seamlessly I'm sure. You already know they had computer problems. Add to that the fact that CD has been out of town for a week and probably didn't leave Alvarado until well after midnight, so it's been not much more than 24 hours since he headed home. When you put up posts that say, " ... it's sad that results are not posted online" it sure sounds like coming down on the organizers to me. Unless you think someone else should be responsible for posting the results?
I don't want to get into a whole thing here with you, fact of the matter is that I didn't know about any computer problems but even still it doesn't change my original comment, it is sad that results are not online. Saying that is not coming down on anyone. Relax.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:38 AM   #134
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cjtamu.... relax dude!!!!
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #135
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

well i hope that carlton does get them up soon i am anxious to see the rundown!! take your time carlton!!
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote