Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to supralative Send a message via Yahoo to supralative

I understand racing to be as
Pro: Chassis sponsored drivers
Expert: Fast people with alot of experience with no chassis sponsor
Intermediate: Beginners, a little bit of experience, etc...

Honesty is the best policy when signing up as an Expert or Intermediate, as you know your true speed and experience.
supralative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:55 PM   #32
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by supralative View Post

Honesty is the best policy when signing up as an Expert or Intermediate, as you know your true speed and experience.
Nope. top 12 in each class automatically advance a class. I have no chassis sponsor, and I'll be running pro. I feel running with faster guys is the best way to advance your skills.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to supralative Send a message via Yahoo to supralative

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
Nope. top 12 in each class automatically advance a class. I have no chassis sponsor, and I'll be running pro. I feel running with faster guys is the best way to advance your skills.
This is a first from what I understand in the RC Pro Series.
I know of some sponsored guys that are running intermediate who have ran expert in the past. They might have not been top 12 last year, but they moved back to Intermediate.
Last there wasn't a Pro class to my knowledge.

I also agree though that running with faster guys will help advance your skills, but going too soon can also hurt you.
supralative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:03 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'll be there with a few of my North region buddies. still need to figure out a driving situation, but I mailed my payment in, so I'm set!

Last edited by xlgraphicspro; 10-07-2008 at 06:14 AM.
xlgraphicspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:00 AM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCrazy View Post
We are having an RC pro series this weekend at a Local track in Southern CA. Could doing one race qualify you for the finals? How does the qualifying go?

Anyways, I'll be racing Pro class as a privateer so I doubt I have a chance, but I'd like to know how it all works.
If you race at Rev this weekend, it qualifies you to run at the Finals. The only problem is for the overall championship, you won't have enough points to get close. You could still win the final A main, but you won't compete for the over all title. We are doing the same thing. It's still cool if you can manage to win the final, the win still has some cred.
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:12 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
If you race at Rev this weekend, it qualifies you to run at the Finals. The only problem is for the overall championship, you won't have enough points to get close. You could still win the final A main, but you won't compete for the over all title. We are doing the same thing. It's still cool if you can manage to win the final, the win still has some cred.
Still a good time to be had... last year was fun and I just pitted for my buds, didn't race. Come on down!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:16 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by supralative View Post

Nope... not exactly.

Intermediate: Beginners up to those folks about ready to step up to Expert.
Expert: Fast guys, and anyone with any percentage of chassis sponsorship MUST run Expert or Pro.
Pro: Based on how you performed in races during the season this year. You don't sign up, they pick who runs Pro. Top 12 in Expert in each region are seeded into Pro.

Top 3 in regional points in Intermediate, or a top 10 finish at the finals means a mandatory bump to Expert next year. If you run Expert in one class, you run Expert in all classes that you run. (I think they exclude GT and Revo guys from this if they run another class, since there ISN'T an intermediate class for those...) But if you run expert Buggy you have to run expert Truggy and vice-versa if you run both.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:28 AM   #38
Tech Initiate

Default Rules

Well according to our friend who is so busy right now...these rules apply for intermediate.

Intermediate Class Rules

You cannot run in Intermediate if any of the following applies.

#1. You have a chassis sponsorship from a manufacturer or distributor. It does not matter what percentage the sponsorship is.
#2. If you race in expert in one class you must race in expert in all classes. Example - you cannot race in expert buggy and intermediate arena truck. If you feel your good enough to run in expert buggy then you will have to run in expert arena truck or if you feel you are good enough for expert arena truck then you must run in expert buggy.

#3. Some racers have picked up sponsors part way through a year because of their performance during the year. As much as we enjoy seeing these people get recognized the Intermediate (sportsman) class is designed for new racers and racers who just want to go have fun. We don’t like to bump a racer to expert part way through the year especially in a points series, however if you pickup a chassis sponsor or we find you listed as a team driver on a chassis manufacturers website you WILL be bumped to the next level immediately. This will result in a loss of points from the intermediate class. If you are talented enough to get a sponsor deal from a car manufacturer you need to be in expert. We strongly suggest to the manufacturers that they wait until the season is over to sign these racers.
Attached Images

whiterice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #39
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
Cody will win this weekend..... So long as I stay the heck out of his way....LOL
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #40
Tech Master

I hope you're right!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Just for fun, what would you tell me? I have raced 20 times at 1 track and once at another, never even been to a big race, but I would qualify as expert then even though I would probably be in beginner at best.....lol.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #42
Tech Master

i would say your name is appropriate
Old 10-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well, My first year racing the pro series I had my losi. I did so horrible that I vowed that I wasn't going to run in a pro series race ever again. This year I Didn't heed my own advice, and I went to the first round of the pro series as an intermediate driver. I canned the Losi, and went with the kyosho 777 WC, ran better, but couldn't keep the car in one piece, because the car was a piece O crud and I finished horribly!

Canned the kyosho and bought an Xray, and hello!!!!!!!!!!! Turned my season around. entered the second round of the north series, and first race out I TQ'd the first round. had some tank/tire issues and finished 6th in the A main.

third round I finished second in the A main, and I know if I hadn't messed up early, I could have won the whole thing.

So with all that having happened I ended up 3rd overall in the North region, and I am confident that my Xray will perform spectacularly down in Texas, th rougher the track, the better! My car can take it in stride.

I was going to wait till after the finals before I start fishing for sponsors!

Last edited by xlgraphicspro; 10-07-2008 at 09:29 PM.
xlgraphicspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #44
Tech Master

...how can you talk about the Kyosho like that when it's your defending RC Pro National Champion car?!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #45
Tech Master

seriously, the SP2 is really good on the rodeo track