Community
Wiki Posts
Search

one way bearing for pull start...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default one way bearing for pull start...?

i just bought a used Ofna Jammin on eBay with a Force .28 motor... i haven't gotten it yet but i want to start shopping for the things i need so it will be ready when it gets here...

the Force .28 it comes with does not have a pull starter... the owner said that he uses a box starter but he said i can also use a shaft starter for it... i prefer to have a pull start and i know i can get a pull starter for that particular motor but all the pull starters that i see does not come with the one way bearing... if this car has a shaft starter, would it already contain the one way bearing that i need if i replaced it with a pull starter...?
Old 10-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Pull start or shaft start all require 1 way bearings, but if he used a starter box, 1 way bearings, or turbo fan are not needed. It is possible that he removed it, also the back plate will be different. You really cant order anything until you get the engine, and take it apart to see what you need
Old 10-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I have the same thing. I have all your talking about, pull start, shaft start, and starter box. the starter box by far works the best, and the shaft staft start comes in a close second. one problem with the pull start is the 28 force has a tendonce to load up and once you get the body on and hit the gas it will die and u have to start over. I'm selling all my nitro stuff so if your interested in either system send my a pm