R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-02-2008, 07:24 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default what's so bad about the Kyosho Inferno US Sports 2...?

i kinda want to get the Kyosho Inferno US Sports 2 but it seems like a lot of people say that the quality is not so good...

i can understand that the engine is not so good but if it becomes a problem later on, i can just sell that on eBay and get something else...

but what else is so bad about the buggy...?
flipteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i had one for two years,it a great buggy,i had no real prob. with it,servo's are weak,i change i'll turnbuckels with hard ones and put 22 degree hubs on the front,set it up like my kania 2. just my 2 cents
losi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think the main thing that is keeping me from getting this buggy is because it seems like Kyosho is very fond of putting non standard stuff in their cars... i want to be able to replace stuff for repair and hop ups with readily available replacements... i'm not sure if this is the case with the Inferno Sports 2...
flipteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:47 AM   #4
Tech Adept

i had one and didn't like it that much because the main facts of these.

1. you couldn't change to an after market pipe because the exhaust port.
2. very hard engine to tune/keep the tune also = very hard to start. Pull starter
3. small axles so i couldn't use old tires and rims from other local racers that replace ever few races.
4. very weak servos
5. this drove me nuts but they use the E or C clips to hold hinge pins in and it drives me nuts to take them off you almost destroy them or lose them
6. anodizing of chassis turned from bright blue to purplish color just over time not from over heating
7. EZ start/Roto start system will not go on the stock motor

i will admit i had fun with it as a first 1.8th scale i didn't really know much it was just fun looking for cheap and the guys at my LHS said i could be competitive if i raced WRONG i would probably say i wouldn't even recommend it just for bashing because i cant even count the number of times my buddies went up in the hills and i went and i couldn't even get the dang thing to run while my buddy's t maxs and stuff would be doing doughnuts around me

like someone has said on here before if you buy it because its 150 dollars cheaper then something of higher quality then you didn't save 150 dollars you wasted 370 dollars
ruggydriver is offline   Reply With Quote