R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-02-2008, 05:39 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I own the RC8 and have had no issues with it at all I race every weekend. and every week my car gets tore doewn and diffs rebuilt, shocks get done every 3 races. I replace any "worn" which consistof some bushings for the most part here and there. to be honest I never had issues with my losi 8ight eighter?

I also own an xray xt8 truggy and have also had no issues with it.
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I own an RC8 that I maintain very well and frankly it got better as it developed some slop. As the saying goes, a loose car is a fast car! I swap out the bushings on the carriers every once in a while but I never look for it to be perfectly tight. I'm still fast and can turn in all I want. I love the RC8.
t0adman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88

GET A LOSI, SUPPORT YOUR LHS!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adman View Post
I own an RC8 that I maintain very well and frankly it got better as it developed some slop. As the saying goes, a loose car is a fast car! I swap out the bushings on the carriers every once in a while but I never look for it to be perfectly tight. I'm still fast and can turn in all I want. I love the RC8.
Not disagreeing with your findings just pointing out that the saying "loose is fast" has nothing to do with slop. It refers to a cars handling balance. Driven well, a car that's a little loose (oversteer) is often faster then a car that's tight (understeer).
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #20
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdsupra88 View Post
GET A LOSI, SUPPORT YOUR LHS!!!
I don't have a LHS anymore but the track that's a two hour drive away carries Mugen parts so I do support him.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)
Send a message via MSN to MBR52 Send a message via Yahoo to MBR52

I have found that Losi's are very good, but from what I have heard from others with maitainance on their different brands of cars, the losi needs alot more than they all do

At the moment, the losi is the cheapest real good quality car of its era. When I say that I mean before the D8 was brought out. Now with the introduction of the 8ight 2.0, the manufacturers say that they have fixed the car so that all of the little issues have been erased, time will tell we will find out soon!

RALmeida - The RC8's that u have are fine. They are a competetive car, even with a bit of slop. A few cars that I have had have had some slop, so what, dont go out and spend more money if you don't need too

Cheers
Mugen MST-1 powered by Novarossi
Associated B44 powered by Novak
MBR52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thank you all for your 2 cents, I might do next season with the RC8, wait and see what the mp9 and mbx6 do.........I do like th mp9
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #23
Tech Adept

idk maybe you failed to put the rc8 together not in tip top shape but i have great luck with my rc8 my buddy has an 808 and another buddy has a ofna and my girl friends brother has a kyosho and i have had a much drive ime as them with my buggy. i have gone end over end as much as them and never broke anything but an arm witch is expected when you nail the face of a jump like i did TBH i think theres just to many associate haters out there and they all bash it so then theres people that go off stories that they hear and it just gives a car a bad rep
ruggydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

I am not or did I bash the RC8, it is a good car for what you pay, but have you haver owned a Kyosho or a Mugen???, the RC8 handles great, but the front end develops quit a bit of slop, now if it is k for you to drive with slop good for you, I am a point and shoot driver so slop does get to me as I can't trust my buggy...and can not aford to put new front end parts (C) every other weekend.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #25
Tech Master

I've owned Kyosho (a few), Mugen (a few), Losi & AE. The RC8 conversion I'm running now has gotten front end sloppy a couple of times in the year I've owned it but the bushings & ballends are VERY cheap & fix the sloop. Kyosho, you could not be disappointed in unless your budget is tight. I stopped running K-cars because of the cost of parts & the fact I had to order everything (almost no parts support at LHS's). The Losi is a very good car but if you think the RC8's front end get sloppy, I felt the Losi was way worse. In addition once the Losi got sloppy, nothing seemed fix it. I have not owned an X-ray but a couple of my racing buddies have been runnig them for a few years now & they hardly ever break & those guys love them once they find the set-up. We did find them to be a little difficult to get the sweet set-up but once you got it the X-rays have been great. I allways have a second buggy with me when I go to the track & it's a Mugen (MBX5). I fell the Mugen is the strongest of all the cars I've owned. Parts are higher than Losi or AE but cheaper than K-cars. If I was to buy a new buggy today, I would probably flip a coin between Mugen & X-ray. If money was no object, I would probably throw down $850 for the MP9. Buy the way my RC8 is stock & a couple of guys I talk to who have used a lot of hop-up complain about the slop. Just use the stock stuff & replace it a couple of times a year. I'm stickin with the RC8 a while more.
-ROAR 4 cell rule Blows
RBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

I just noticed that the mbx6 may have the same diffs has the RC8.......is this valid, they look the exact same????????
Old 10-03-2008, 05:06 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have been racing the RC8 since the beginning of January pretty much every weekend. Yes, they do develop some wear, but if that bothers you, you can easily remedy this by replacing the bushings in the camber links and maybe a set of arms. There are some issues with the past fuel tanks, but AE has resolved that with revision 3 of the white tank. Other than that, the RC8 is solid as a rock. I would not trade it for anything in the world! Just my $0.02.
ehartman_49348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I just want to state some facts. All of the above mentioned cars are great cars period!!!! They all have there issues if its not price and parts availability, it's wear issues of some sort bearing issue, slop and so forth. The perfect buggy does not exist and never will.

I drive the losi and anyone saying it's not durable probally can't drive. Trust me I should know I can't drive and have not broken a thing.

Maintenance + driver ability + Luck = Bulletproof

Did we miss the picture of the MP9 all broke at the worlds. Would you argue driver ability or maintenance in that case. Nope it was just plain dumb luck.

Every above car is twitchy or on edge if you set it up that way. Every car mentioned can be tuned down to be more driver ability friendly. Thats what all the adjustments are for and there are countless adjustments for every car.

I love the look and build of the MP9, 808 and the MBX6. No arguing that they are built great. However put one in the hands of an rook or vet with the wrong setup, poor maintenance and lack of driving skills a trip to the lhs will be in there future.

Always and I do mean Always buy the car that makes you feel like your cheating on your wife or GF. No matter what it's drawbacks are you will always overlook them with a . Nothing beats loving what you drive not price or durability. Buying a car other than the one you really wanted just means you will be buying 2 cars the one you settled for and eventually the one you really wanted.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:33 PM   #29
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
I just want to state some facts. All of the above mentioned cars are great cars period!!!! They all have there issues if its not price and parts availability, it's wear issues of some sort bearing issue, slop and so forth. The perfect buggy does not exist and never will.

I drive the losi and anyone saying it's not durable probally can't drive. Trust me I should know I can't drive and have not broken a thing.

Maintenance + driver ability + Luck = Bulletproof

Did we miss the picture of the MP9 all broke at the worlds. Would you argue driver ability or maintenance in that case. Nope it was just plain dumb luck.

Every above car is twitchy or on edge if you set it up that way. Every car mentioned can be tuned down to be more driver ability friendly. Thats what all the adjustments are for and there are countless adjustments for every car.

I love the look and build of the MP9, 808 and the MBX6. No arguing that they are built great. However put one in the hands of an rook or vet with the wrong setup, poor maintenance and lack of driving skills a trip to the lhs will be in there future.

Always and I do mean Always buy the car that makes you feel like your cheating on your wife or GF. No matter what it's drawbacks are you will always overlook them with a . Nothing beats loving what you drive not price or durability. Buying a car other than the one you really wanted just means you will be buying 2 cars the one you settled for and eventually the one you really wanted.

Good point! Very well said, but in my case there was an exception, that turned out to be a wonderful suprise. I really wanted the new Hyper 9. I was always a big fan of Ofnas products. (don't ask why, I have my reasons) but the damn Hyper 9 was nothing more than Hyper never. They have been talking about it and Hyping it for almost a year now, and I could not wait any more for the release, so I went with the Xray 808, and damn am I glad I did, I love it so much more than any car I have ever driven, or built, but as Vlad says, I may get the Hyper 9 also, lol
Old 10-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Again, the rc8 is a good buggy, it does required some, well alot of of dialing to get it right, as per out of the box is only good for bashing..My only disapointment is the front end slop that develops pretty fast and it does afect my driving as I am a point and shoot driver, so any slop in the front end is going to cost me