R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   ROAR Elections go On-Line!!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/245301-roar-elections-go-line.html)

schurcr 10-01-2008 01:47 PM

ROAR Elections go On-Line!!!!

It's the ROAR election season, time to vote for your ROAR Presidential canadate and even numbered Region directors. This year's voting and future voting can be done on-line.:):nod::) It's easy to do and fast. If you've used the on-line member registration then you'll already have an account, if not you'll need to create one, very simple. Click HERE for a direct link to the member log-in page create your account and vote.

Kevin Boyle 10-01-2008 08:04 PM

Hey Guys,

My name is Kevin Boyle and I am running for Region 2 Director. I have been racing On and Off Road for over 10 years. Over the past year we have added several new tracks to the ROAR family and I have started to bring the family values back into the racing scene.

I pushed really hard to get the Off Road program back on its feet and we had some great races in 2008. I feel that I have lost the contacts I had with the On Road Racers but that will change if re-elected. This Job can not be done by just one man. I would like to ask Chris Whitney for his help in 2009 improve the On Road program.

I feel ROAR has set up some great rules for all the classes but some of the rules need to change with the times. With that said I will always listen to what the racers are looking for and work with ROAR to make that happen.

If you have any questions on what I stand for let me know

Kevin Boyle

PUDDIN 10-01-2008 08:13 PM

After bumping heads all year with roar about moving out the stone age way of thinking. I have been told bye several people several times "IF I WANT CHANGE TO GET MORE INVOLVED" Well I am going to do just that. I am running for region 6 director. If you live in region 6 and you are a Roar member I would like to ask for your vote and if your not a member sign up and vote for me. Most People know me as puddin and some people know me as Matt sistrunk. If you have any questions please feel free to email me

[email protected]

Thanks

Puddin

JDCrow 10-01-2008 10:15 PM

Regional Directors

Best of Luck to any member putting themselves up for election.

Many people may not even have an sense of the duties of our Region Directors. I think all members running or not should take a moment and review the Region Directors Handbook. It is dated 2006, but it will give a sense of the duty to position holds.

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...ctormanual.pdf

ROAR deserves those seeking our elected and appointed positions be prepared and committed to the time and responsibility the positions demand. We as a membership and organization are not served if people fill positions then disappear.

The items we have in front of us will require attention at all levels of leadership. The members now have an effective way to cast ballots for elected positions.

Vote, but most importantly Vote informed

PUDDIN 10-02-2008 08:13 AM

I am fully commited to this. I want Region 6 to be the top roar region.

JDCrow 10-02-2008 09:05 AM

I think it would be helpful if people new more about the Candidates, as well as your vision for representing the membership of your respective Region.

Here is your chance to present your racing, pomotion, or organization background and how that will serve you as a Region Director. How this will help transition Region Wants into Accomplishments.

Region Directors are a vital link between ROAR the Organization and the majority of the membership. They help bring information to the Class Committees with respect to changes which should be considered to improve the Member experience. Provide the members, many who may have heard your name but have no idea who you are, with your resume' just as you would for any job you seek.

JD

PUDDIN 10-02-2008 06:14 PM

I don't like talking about myself but here we go. Let me say this I don't know much about Mr. Hill your likes or dislikes about roar. I can only tell you some ideas and what I am about. I have been bumping heads with Roar all year (read sgrid you can see it) I feel like we need to move to the year 2008 and stop living in the past. Nothing has changed in roar since I have been racing(2002) I love our sport and want it to grow not stabilize. I have been promoting tracks and big races for about 3 years now some of my biggest accomplishments our

Futaba Nitro challenge 1 and 2 Hx raceway
I have got sponsor help for numerous races all over the country all with out asking for anything in return.

Some of my ideas include a regional series sponsored bye manufacturer's
a 4 or 5 race series 3 states with a couple of throw outs, with prizes giving out at the last race for the top ten racers and dash plaques,ribbons something every race. No money can be given per Roar rules.
I want regional races to mean something. You have to run these races to qualify for the Nat's. Why do this? Well if make it worth something then more people will run the race because it matters. More racers means more money for track owners and more Roar members. I also would like to start a Junior class kids under 12 who want to start racing that can race against kids there age and make sure that all the kids that run will receive something after the race. I know some 12 year old can probably out run me but we have to start somewhere. When I was living in South Carolina some tracks around there had engine rules to where you could not have a engine on your buggy that was more than 200.00 and there was a 200.00 dollar claim rule so if you modified your motor it could get claimed for 200.00 it was the biggest class out there. These ideas might be bad but if we don't try new stuff then we don't know if it works. I am sure I will get beat up about Amateur classes and starter classes but every sport out there has starter classes why don't we? There are a lot of people that just think that the world of RC is Pros and then people who are mediocre or just wasting there time. Read some forums they have said it. Hobby shop owners and track owners know if there where no so called mediocre racers or bashers then they would not be in business. I expect some backlash and my ideas are just ideas.I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Matthew
Roar region 6

bentgear 10-02-2008 08:59 PM

Puddin, Ed Hill is now the ROAR Vice Pres. so I don't think he will be regional director any more so good luck, we need an active racer that will take the torch and run with it.

Ed M.

PUDDIN 10-02-2008 09:33 PM

nope I am running against him so make sure you vote.

schurcr 10-06-2008 02:52 PM

If the racers really want to see Regional Championships once again become the path to a national title it's going to take more than the current president and Excomm to get it done. If racers really want this in ROAR then really pay attention to who your region director is and who might be running. ROAR needs region directors that will push and promote for more ROAR races within their region or even combined with regions. If the region director in your region isn't getting it done then start a write-in campaign. The Excomm will take care of their end of the deal if we can get Region directors to take care of theirs in the near feature. Then and only then will we have a nationals points/qualification system that can work.

tomkelley 10-07-2008 05:14 PM

I think it would be best if all candidates post their stump speeches in one place. I would to vote, its just that I do not have a good idea what their backgrounds/visions for the future are.

ROAR doesn't have a forum on rctech so would it be possible at least for all ROAR nominated people to post their stump in one easy place? Like the one ROAR has setup on hobbytalk?

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/forumdisplay.php?f=152

Thanks!

Kevin Boyle 10-30-2008 04:45 PM

Hey Guys,

Just one more day to vote for even number region directors.

As I stated before I feel that the Region Director can not be a one man show and I am looking forward to work with Chris Whitney and Nova F1 Racer if re-elected. I am sure with their help we can bring the on road program back up to speed. We have an electric on road Regional coming up on November 15th 2008.

I have already started to work on the 2009 off -road schedule and will soon work on the on road program with some help from my friends.

Any questions please post here or drop me a line at [email protected].

Thanks

Kevin Boyle