R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 8ight 2.0 Fuel Tank.

What is the dif between the new 'sure close' fuel tank and the old one? Are there parts (cap, spring, etc) that can retrofit an 'old' tank? I have an 8ight-T and would like to retrofit the tank if it'd be an improvement, and is possible.

Dangit, when did all my favorite cars, trucks, airplanes, and engines become "vintage"???
Eccentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #62
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

adam.

hey i am usually a jammin guy but my buggy and my truggy broke at a race and i was thankfull enough my buddy let me use his 8ight buggy and truggy, because he didnt race that week. i tq on expert buggy and truggy and won main in truggy and got second in buggy. so i decided to buy 8ights and sell my jammin truggy and buggy.

if you have time can you pm a copy of your set ups.

thanks
sawyer
Old 10-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

adam --- good job at the horizon shootout yesterday.. it was awesome to see you guys mix it up with the locals. sucks that truhe decided to break 2 minutes in......
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 AM   #64
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminnay View Post
adam --- good job at the horizon shootout yesterday.. it was awesome to see you guys mix it up with the locals. sucks that truhe decided to break 2 minutes in......
Huh?, decided to break? LOL. Did he have a choice? J/K

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #65
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post

TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #66
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDezPirate

Adam, yeah the engine did pretty great.. It was just break in process. My name is Jaime DelTiempo by the way, Im sure you have seen me at JBRL with that little black n white dog. haha, and I run with matrix concepts inc carbon fiber kits.. and I wonder if it is possible to replace the older race roller with the new 2.0 parts such as rear gearbox, spindel carrier, hub carrier in rear, fuel tank (is it really any difference from the old fuel tanks?) I noticed the shock towers chamber holes are different.

So how much longer is the new 2.0 than the first verison?

See ya at Revelation this weekend for JBRL round 7.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #67
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDezPirate

Also, is the higher number GRP plugs used for cold tempature outdoor weather?? Or should i just still stick with the grp 4 turbo plug?
Old 10-15-2008, 12:58 AM   #68
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hello Adam,

what is the difference between the old 8ight flywheel and the new 8 2.0 flywheel?

Also what has changed with the driveshafts. is it just a length adjustment or have they changed the material to a harder / lighter spring steel like the hudy stuff. If it is just a length change what are the new lengths as i currently run the 808 driveshafts on my F/R driveshafts to save driveline weight and i would like to continue doing so on the new 8 2.0 if the weight of the new ones are the same.

Thanks
Tix
TIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:24 PM   #69
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
lol well at least he was all packed and ready to go before the main was even over!!
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:30 AM   #70
Tech Apprentice

Antone-- I run full rebound in my shocks.

Ruggydriver- The two orange heads are Tuned engines and the silver head is a non-tuned version. Yes, it would be like comparing a v spec to a speed.

Bigedmond- LOL!

Ruggydriver- The reason for the std. plug on the non tuned version is because std. plugs are cheaper and easier to find.

jabroni racing- Before you put the bladder / cap on the shock you need to push the shaft in 4-6 mm.

Brian Miskolczi- GRP produced the Falcon and Ninja, but I’m sure they have change some since the release of the new line.

dethklok151- The 8ight 2.0 is much easier to drive, better on rough tracks and lighter.

SteveJa- If the electric 1/8th racing takes off like I think it will, we will look into that.

gameholic2- The smart diff will not be included in the 8ight 2.0. The diff will work similar to the fioroni or BBF, but is completely different in design and more user friendly with making adjustments.

Eccentric- You can use the new lid on an old tank, but the top of the tank has been changed to support the stiffer spring.

Bigsquidracer- http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/8IGHTTDrakeStd08.pdf http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/D...Neobuggy08.pdf

Jamminnay- Thanks, I had an awesome time at the Horizon Shootout.

DirtyDezPirate- Yes you can upgrade the old 8ight with the 8ight 2.0 parts. 2mm longer. I always run the GRP #5 and Mike runs the GRP #4.

TIX- The flywheel is the same. The material of the drive shafts is what changed. They are much harder.
Adam Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #71
Tech Regular

Hey Adam, would it be possible to use the standard head button on the GRP Tuned version? Can I use RB plugs as well instead of the GRP plugs? What affect would this bring? Thanks a bunch!
Poppin Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #72
Tin
Tech Apprentice

Adam defines the meaning of customer service. I like how he answers everyones questions. Thanks man, hope to see you out there.

Tin
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:25 PM   #73
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Adam, looks like my article on the web creates you a lot of work here...
Old 10-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #74
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sup Adam!
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:57 PM   #75
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Drake View Post
Antone-- I run full rebound in my shocks.

Ruggydriver- The two orange heads are Tuned engines and the silver head is a non-tuned version. Yes, it would be like comparing a v spec to a speed.

Bigedmond- LOL!

Ruggydriver- The reason for the std. plug on the non tuned version is because std. plugs are cheaper and easier to find.

jabroni racing- Before you put the bladder / cap on the shock you need to push the shaft in 4-6 mm.

Brian Miskolczi- GRP produced the Falcon and Ninja, but I’m sure they have change some since the release of the new line.

dethklok151- The 8ight 2.0 is much easier to drive, better on rough tracks and lighter.

SteveJa- If the electric 1/8th racing takes off like I think it will, we will look into that.

gameholic2- The smart diff will not be included in the 8ight 2.0. The diff will work similar to the fioroni or BBF, but is completely different in design and more user friendly with making adjustments.

Eccentric- You can use the new lid on an old tank, but the top of the tank has been changed to support the stiffer spring.

Bigsquidracer- http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/8IGHTTDrakeStd08.pdf http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/D...Neobuggy08.pdf

Jamminnay- Thanks, I had an awesome time at the Horizon Shootout.

DirtyDezPirate- Yes you can upgrade the old 8ight with the 8ight 2.0 parts. 2mm longer. I always run the GRP #5 and Mike runs the GRP #4.

TIX- The flywheel is the same. The material of the drive shafts is what changed. They are much harder.
WOW Adam answers everyones questions, thats cool of him to do that, nice guy and...........oh and one of the fastest rc racer around ....

Last edited by nobike; 10-22-2008 at 06:08 PM.
nobike is offline   Reply With Quote