R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-09-2009, 02:37 PM   #526
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Unhappy Nose down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggydad View Post
Hello adam I'm having a little issue with my losi 8ight 2.0 diving over jumps.When i throttle over the jumps its fine but i then over jump the down side.What would you recommend as far as tunning?
Thanks

And do you ever make your way to the east coast. If so stop by Hobbyhut LOL for a club race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaZlcM09Ktg
I know the jump your talking about. The double right in front of the drivers stand. There is a left hair pin turn right after it.

My Losi 2.0 8ight T does the same thing. I have to pin the trottle to keep the nose up. I've over jumped it so bad I ended up in turn one.

One thing that helped me was to stay on the left side of the track. There seems to be less lip on top of the jump on that side. It also helps if I approach the jump slower, but launch harder off the top.

I'm listening to see if Adam has any suggestions because it only happens to me on that jump.

Last edited by Integra; 06-10-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Tickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #527
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

comment's like that are not needed...thank you.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -

Last edited by Integra; 06-10-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:53 AM   #528
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Drake View Post
T4-RC8 RACER77: http://www.losi.com/RaceCenter/Disco....aspx#LOSK0800

aaron_buran: Make sure you clutch and clutch bell bearings are in good shape. Also try running a hotter glow plug. I usually start with full rebound in the front and 3/4 rebound in the rear. If the track is low grip or bumpy, the more rebound the better. I only take rebound out if the track is very high grip. With your barkes you need to make sure the screws the hold the top of the center diff mount aren't too tight. You may also be running too much play between the brake disc and the brake plates.

axial28rr- I race for Nova Rossi.

dcracing- Gad the set-up worked well for you. Please feel free to ask any questions you have about the 8ight or the 8ight 2.0 if you get one. You can run the 2.0 center rear drive shaft on the 8ight and it will solve the problem.

buggydad- The track looks cool. Is the buggy jumping nose up or nose down? Try this set-up: http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/ADSilvStA0804.pdf

Pete Martinez- It's possible, just depends on my schedule. I would like to attend Motorama one day.
I switched to that setup minus the shock piston drilling.I think i have found the issue tho the rear shock preload was set to low.I raised the rear ride hieght and it does it half as much now.I think my rear chassis was slapping the lip.I'm going tonight to practice so ill see how everything works
buggydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:49 AM   #529
Tech Apprentice

hey adam i have the 8igh starter box and it works fine but now that i have the 2.0 buggy and truggy it seems a little diffent seeing how the truggy is longter then the 1.0. it still starts it fine but was wondering what box/boxes you ues thanks
HAWK498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #530
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWK498 View Post
hey adam i have the 8igh starter box and it works fine but now that i have the 2.0 buggy and truggy it seems a little diffent seeing how the truggy is longter then the 1.0. it still starts it fine but was wondering what box/boxes you ues thanks

the foot print of the 2.0's is no bigger then the 1.0's...which is how they kept the box stock and it still works...1 thing to make sure of is that the wheel is not touching the chassis when it's not supposed to....I suggest pulling your motor and lining up the box with the chassis to make sure its 100%...if the wheel so much as touches the chassis it can lead to problem's.....i know for a fact adam and the losi boys use the losi box.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 06-10-2009, 08:30 AM   #531
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Hi guys,

I m currently running one Hot Bodies D8 Lightweight but i m borred with it.

Now, i m seeing to buy a Losi 8 2.0 Race roller but i see a lot of 8 on my local track and they broke easy.

Any one having this issue?

The car is easy to tune ?

Is durable ? or you need to invest 500$ in hop up ?

Thanks guys
Xchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #532
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'd like to know how they are breaking them. They are very durable.
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #533
Tech Apprentice

ive been racing the 8 for two years and i dont think i have broken anything on it since as far as the car itself
HAWK498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #534
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

thanks,but why a lot of guy striping the servo saver?

and do you have problem with the bearing?
Xchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #535
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I got my buggy setup now just needs a little more playingthanks
Adam did you get to try the rear chassis brace shock?How do you like it?and does it make for a wider range of tuneing?THANKS
buggydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #536
Tech Initiate

I recently traded for a Losi 8ight buggy. The clutch was worn out out so I asked for help on what to order. I was told to order an aluminum clutch kit with gold and green springs. Now in this post it looks like some of you are running 2 aluminum and 2 plastic clutch shoes and the same springs. what is the benefeit of the 2 different clutch shoes and springs? More smooth power delivery? thanks for any help you can give
rage326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #537
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Drake View Post
T4-RC8 RACER77:
Pete Martinez- It's possible, just depends on my schedule. I would like to attend Motorama one day.
YES ADAM YOU NEED TO COME!!! bring the lst and shut mike battalie down!!! its a big mt turn out, just run it for old times sake

kould we see drake for

truggy
buggy
mt

nxt '10 motorama!?!?!?!?!?
~MUGGIFIED Lst-xxl
reggie l. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #538
Tech Elite

I have had the 8 since it came out and on both the truggy and buggy I have broke one spindle - clutch bearings i just change ofter,, thats it
Old 06-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #539
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
the foot print of the 2.0's is no bigger then the 1.0's...which is how they kept the box stock and it still works...1 thing to make sure of is that the wheel is not touching the chassis when it's not supposed to....I suggest pulling your motor and lining up the box with the chassis to make sure its 100%...if the wheel so much as touches the chassis it can lead to problem's.....i know for a fact adam and the losi boys use the losi box.
i have both 2.0s and they both fit fine, the 8t 2.0 i do have to push it all the way back,there is a little bit of play

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #540
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
i have both 2.0s and they both fit fine, the 8t 2.0 i do have to push it all the way back,there is a little bit of play

and......