Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adam Drake talks about the new 8ight 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

My 2.0 weighs 7.5 pounds ready to race with lipo and AKA's.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by infanterene
My 2.0 weighs 7.5 pounds ready to race with lipo and AKA's.
Pretty light...nice...anyone have a 1.0 weight in close condition?
Old 02-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Questions?? 8t 2.0 rear hubs

hello adam i just wanted to know what you all are doing about the rear hub bearings on the 8t 2.0. i am putting the bigger bearing in their for now but i feel that is only a bandaid for the problem. any suggestions. thanks jerry
Old 02-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J-DUB
hello adam i just wanted to know what you all are doing about the rear hub bearings on the 8t 2.0. i am putting the bigger bearing in their for now but i feel that is only a bandaid for the problem. any suggestions. thanks jerry

i have ran the 8x14's for quite some time and they aren't that bad....sure they blow when your rough on the car and or on a super rough track....but whopee there 1$ a piece...replace them when there blown....rarely will a bearing lock up and take you out of a race....they usually just turn real crunchy and sound like junk when you turn them in with your finger.....i can say tho, that even With a couple blown out bearings on the axels the drive train is Uber smooth.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Integra
i have ran the 8x14's for quite some time and they aren't that bad....sure they blow when your rough on the car and or on a super rough track....but whopee there 1$ a piece...replace them when there blown....rarely will a bearing lock up and take you out of a race....they usually just turn real crunchy and sound like junk when you turn them in with your finger.....i can say tho, that even With a couple blown out bearings on the axels the drive train is Uber smooth.
what up i see that you got all the answers pimpin. i was asking adam for one reason. just for input i know bearings are only a buck and that it wont put you out of the race most likly, but what about the inners thats 2$ and the hubs another 8$ and the x-ray hexes it chewed up another 13$. not worried about that buck!!!!!!! just wanted to know if they are puting bearings in for qualifieres and then for mains so be it that is what i will do because the truck is clearly faster. but if they have another idea i just wanted to hear it. what tix said is cool and not a problem i already put them in the spindles and rear hubs so i will see what the out come is sat at hcrc that is it. so if $ aint no thang to you go ahead and run your 2.0 instead of the 1.0 and call it a day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Integra do you own a 2.0 b and 2.0 t if so how often do you race and are you A main driver? I ran 2.0 t for the first time last weekend and my outer bearing are shot and no I don't wreck alot or hit everthing insight and yes most of the time i'm the A main. I am just asking seems to me you never have a problem.The 1.0 buggy and truggy didn't have the same problem that 2.0s are haveing.Thats why i asked if you have the 2.0s.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I have many race days on my 2.0 and no problems with the bearings . I bought some revolutions for when they need changed though .
Old 02-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by white48rc
Integra do you own a 2.0 b and 2.0 t if so how often do you race and are you A main driver? I ran 2.0 t for the first time last weekend and my outer bearing are shot and no I don't wreck alot or hit everthing insight and yes most of the time i'm the A main. I am just asking seems to me you never have a problem.The 1.0 buggy and truggy didn't have the same problem that 2.0s are haveing.Thats why i asked if you have the 2.0s.

i have the 1.0+2.0B and a 1.0T and am defiantly an A guy......the rear hub did not change enough to justify it being weaker or more prone to eating the bearing's.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:52 PM
JJY
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Why not try some different bearings, it could just be a bad run of bearings. The Losi 8x14's never seemed to be of the highest quality to me anyhow. Try some avids, protecs, or 4cHobby bearings and see if they last any longer. A shim between the hex and bearing may help also. Just suggestions, I don't have any first hand experience with the 8t 2.0 so I really don't know....but if I were having the problems ya'll are describing these are things I would try before trying to mill the hub out to fit a 8x16 bearing.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
i have the 1.0+2.0B and a 1.0T and am defiantly an A guy......the rear hub did not change enough to justify it being weaker or more prone to eating the bearing's.
You are right i don't think its the hub. it might be because arms are longer and since the arms are longer i would think the cv are longer which would cause extra stress on the outer bearing.I was talking to another racer and he said the the balls in the bearing are smaller then what they where in old car so i checked it out for my self.I don't know if balls are smaller but there is less balls in the new bearings,so maybe thats the problem. I put some avid in to try this weekend we will see what happens.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

this is for the 8t and when 9 people here in indianapolis bought one and some of my other friends in ohio,kentucky and detroit:flaming all had the same issue with the 8t 2.0 only. not saying that the hub is bad i said that the bearing is not able to handle the load do to the new geometry of the rear suspension. milling the hubs is a miner fix and if running a bigger bearing and a crush tube in there will solve the problem it is no big deal. i didnt know that i would cause such a rukus by stateing and or asking about the bearings. there is no issue with the buggy nor did i have a problem with the 1.0 witch i ran for over a year and had no problems or issues to say. but when numerous people are having issues i felt the need to ask. the bearings arent just getting gritty the are completly destroyed. avids did the same thing.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have had to replace most of the bearings on my 8B 2.0. I heard that the roller comes with chinese bearing while the replacement losi bearings are american. I dont know if its true but the replacements seem to last much longer than the originals.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 179 (99%+)
Default 8B 2.0 center diff bearing problem

I lost the front bearing of my center diff costing me an early exit during a race. Question, has anyone had this problem. I was thinking of going with the old version center diff brace LOSA4415 and the aluminum F center diff ring LOSA4442. WHat do you think? Looking at this before talking to Horizon about it, the 8B 2.0 center diff brace #b LOSA4420 has a platic insert for the front diff bearing, and the older version has a removable plastic that you can upgrade to an aluminum insert to make the bearing hold up better. Has anyone done this?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Smile losi 2.0 bearings

well hubs and spindles are done. the bearings feel better and with a crush tube in the hub now i will be able to see how well the hub holds up cause now the sideload is transfered to the hub instead of the inner race on the outer bearing. i will let you all know how it works over the next few weeks and if anyone wants the mod done i can do it for you with a small turn around time and possably none. just gotta see how it works. thanks tix for the idea.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Adam,

What is the minimum that the diameter of the clutch can get before the clutch shoes need to be replaced? I saw it somewhere on rctech but I can't find it now.

Thanks,

Zach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.