R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #346
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's funny that people still think that O.S. plugs don't work in the GRP mills, I thought that was hashed out last year? Anyway, I've been running the P3 in my GRP right after i was done breaking it in last spring and they work great.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #347
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

ive seen them leak and cause issues....so either you are Overstretching the taper and Forcing them to seal...or....i dunno.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #348
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
ive seen them leak and cause issues....so either you are Overstretching the taper and Forcing them to seal...or....i dunno.

i am not sure where that comes from....the only plug i have had issues with is the odonnel plug...

the os p3 works wonderfly in mine, never a leak, or a problem,

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #349
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Alan- Glad to see you found a place you can call home. Losi looks like it's good fit for you.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #350
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
i am not sure where that comes from....the only plug i have had issues with is the odonnel plug...

the os p3 works wonderfly in mine, never a leak, or a problem,

see now there again....i know guys that run the OD plugs successfully in their Ninja/GRP's....so im thinkin it boils down to 1 of 2 things.......1 your stretching the taper to suite W/E plug you run and for all you know they are find and dandy working just fine........but if you were to go back to a stock plug...you might have leakage issues...i dunno.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 01-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #351
Tech Adept

i also run the P3 with no issues at all
karnao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #352
Administrator

Quote:
see now there again....i know guys that run the OD plugs successfully in their Ninja/GRP's....so im thinkin it boils down to 1 of 2 things.......1 your stretching the taper to suite W/E plug you run and for all you know they are find and dandy working just fine........but if you were to go back to a stock plug...you might have leakage issues...i dunno.

sorry for disagreeing with the almighty integra.....you say it, so it must be correct...

go back and look in the grp thread, a user geo y rock, measured adn found the p3 to be a direct fit.....

my odonnel pug leaked on and off, it had to be tightened way to tight to seal, while the grp and os had no issues....

so you tell me

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Old 01-23-2009, 07:43 PM   #353
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
the taper on the OS and GRP plugs are the same. Its the OD plugs that have a slightly different taper. This was confirmed by a machinist freind of mine.

-HB Racing-Pro Line Racing-OS Speed-MKS Servos-VP Race Fuel-Hobbywing-SANWA-J&T Bearings-Tony Screws
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #354
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
sorry for disagreeing with the almighty integra.....you say it, so it must be correct...

go back and look in the grp thread, a user geo y rock, measured adn found the p3 to be a direct fit.....

my odonnel pug leaked on and off, it had to be tightened way to tight to seal, while the grp and os had no issues....

so you tell me

Holy stick up the butt i call it as i SEE IT.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #355
Administrator

and again you prove my point....it is not in the realm of possibility that someone else is correct and you are not

Old 01-23-2009, 11:01 PM   #356
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

ive asked fisher,drake, and peck... ALL 3 said the p3 works great in the grp. once i richened mine up its runnin great, i have no issues

and intgera, you are an intelligent guy when it comes to rc but you do argue with everyone. sometimes you have facts to back it up sometimes you dont

this isnt going towards you here. but ANYONE can seem like an expert. 95% of the people on here including me because i am guilty of this will argue with people even when they dont have proof to back there point up and then end of gettin proven wrong, just my .02

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:42 AM   #357
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 8T 2.0

Adam, this is a 8T 2.0 question. I have extra diffs and gear boxes, will I be able to use this on the 2.0, or is it a lose? I also run the M2C hinge pin, braces and king heads motor mount, will I be able to use them on the 8T 2.0? When I preordered from the hobby shop they said I would receive a extra set of wheels? Can you elaborate on wheel, tire or combo it is.

Thanks
l3asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:10 AM   #358
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I think I can answer the wheel question for you.

Depending on what shop y ou ordered from they get a "launch" package. This is the truck and a extra set of wheels for a certain price for the shops. The wheels/rims I think are just to help out the shops a little as a promo offer. If they choose to enter them into the shops inventory or give them to you with the purchase of the kit I think it's all up to them.

Where did you order one from? Just ask them what the plans are.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:13 AM   #359
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Some shops have a pretty low special price through coupons or monthly specials, if you paid a low price like $564 because you had a store coupon then I bet you don't get the wheels, if you walked in a store and paid $650 you probably get them.

Joey Powell, thanks man! See ya at the Battle this year!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #360
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

delete
l3asher is offline   Reply With Quote