R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Tebo is released by hobbico! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/245119-tebo-released-hobbico.html)

PhatPat 09-30-2008 02:24 PM

Tebo is released by hobbico!

From Red RC
"Hobbico have come with the bombshell that as of September 30, 2008, Jared Tebo is being released from the O’Donnell, Team CheckPoint, Futaba and O.S. Engine brands racing teams. Throughout his 11-year career with the O’Donnell team, Jared has won several National Championships as well as an IFMAR World Championship. Hobbico wanted to thank Jared for his hard work and dedication and wish him much success in his future endeavors. Where to next for young superstar, I’m sure time will tell, but with close ties to Associated through his electric racing they could be a strong option? Stay tuned."

Megacrash 09-30-2008 02:27 PM

i did hear a few comments that kyosho could be an option??

D8 09-30-2008 02:32 PM

you must be talking about the pic of Tebo and Kyosho team Mngr? anyways... here is the Neo-Buggy link to the article...
http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=4783

PhatPat 09-30-2008 02:34 PM

From Neobuggy website

"Not altogether surprising O'Donnell have announced their split from star driver Jared Tebo. Not citing any specific reasons in the press release, Neo Buggy understands that tensions between Tebo & O'Donnell have been present for some time, causing friction at races and the development & release of the Z01B. Tebo joined O'Donnell in early 2006, having dominated pretty much every race in his 2005 season with Kyosho. Tebo's time with O'Donnell started out on good terms, but various disagreements along the way soured the relationship, however this didn't seem to dent Tebo's speed and commitment, memorably TQing the ROAR Nationals in July."

Megacrash 09-30-2008 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by D8 (Post 4892339)
you must be talking about the pic of Tebo and Kyosho team Mngr?

partly that, and there was another thread on another forum about it, if i find it ill link it if im allowed

PhatPat 09-30-2008 02:40 PM

Kyosho in the House!

http://www.neobuggy.net/images/News/tebok.jpg

boostfiend 09-30-2008 02:53 PM

Kinda sucks that we won't be seeing Tebo behind the wheel of an O'Donnell anymore. (or Futaba or OS)....

I highly doubt he'll have any trouble finding a new ride. I wish both him and O'Donnell good luck for the future.

underway 09-30-2008 02:57 PM

kinda sucks though, the vspec is a worry free racing item. Having that in your buggy means one less thing to worry about. I am sure he can give up the OD buggy but giving up OS engines is reason to sweat.....:nod:

Now who has the biggest checkbook to buy him, he is a definite asset to any team... We shall have to wait and see... AE would be a logical choice, seeing how those guys all run electric together...

Jaz240 09-30-2008 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by underway (Post 4892417)
kinda sucks though, the vspec is a worry free racing item. Having that in your buggy means one less thing to worry about. I am sure he can give up the OD buggy but giving up OS engines is reason to sweat.....:nod:

Now who has the biggest checkbook to buy him, he is a definite asset to any team... We shall have to wait and see... AE would be a logical choice, seeing how those guys all run electric together...

I think there are quite a few engines out there that he can win with. Personally I'd love to see him run a Picco. I love these engines, they are powerhouses, and keep up with anything twice the price, and they last forever.

D8 09-30-2008 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 4892448)
I think there are quite a few engines out there that he can win with. Personally I'd love to see him run a Picco. I love these engines, they are powerhouses, and keep up with anything twice the price, and they last forever.

amen to that.... I have a P7-R Evo2 Rally modefied and this thing has SICK power.. I replaced the bearings to ceramic and is faster than a rapped cheeta... maybe too much torque and insane top end....:D

cjm1126 09-30-2008 03:36 PM

im sure he allready had a ride, and this was hobbico's way of saving face, by announcing termination

Mack_Mechanic 09-30-2008 04:43 PM

Tebo to Associated would be a natural fit.Kyosho would be my second guess.But Jammin' might be another option if they have the budget.But I have been wrong before.......just ask my wife,LOL.:nod:

allan42r 09-30-2008 04:54 PM

i think i saw tebo testing a mugen?

Bigedmond 09-30-2008 05:10 PM

i think tebo to a losi would be the oddest thing ever

mugenb46 09-30-2008 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bigedmond (Post 4892840)
i think tebo to a losi would be the oddest thing ever

WOW, that would be crazy. Novarossi would be nuts not to step into this, but if he goes to AE, i bet he runs the new REEDY