R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to ryanroma Send a message via MSN to ryanroma Send a message via Yahoo to ryanroma
Default Steering knuckles & bevel gears in Ofna Ultra

I may be going to the track this weekend and have heard that these two things are the weak points in the car, and I am wondering if any other cars' parts will fit the Ofna Ultra series of buggies? I heard something about one of the Jammin buggy knuckles fitting but I forgot which one..
ryanroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to ryanroma Send a message via MSN to ryanroma Send a message via Yahoo to ryanroma

anyone even own one other than me lol?
Old 09-26-2008, 11:14 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Anyone at all?
Old 09-27-2008, 03:25 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If this is the C-Hub and not the PBS - when I raced mine I kept it pretty much stock and tuned it, then got radical and got a newer buggy. You can swap parts from the Hyper 7 and 8 series to keep it all ofna. I would get some CNC steering knuckles as the stock ones can strip out easily.

If you are referring to the Ring gear I would use the Ofna 30120 (44 tooth) - you can change up your diff fluid to change how the car reacts on your track. I run 5k front 7K center and 3K in the rear. You might want to start out with 5K in all 3 and make changes as you see fit.

When you build your Diff's you can add shims to tighten the clearance between the ring and pinon, with a little grease they will take a beating, I don't think I've ever lost a ring and pinion after shimming.

Last edited by offr0aden; 09-27-2008 at 03:43 AM.
offr0aden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The Ofna Ultra LX one uses the exact same c-hub suspension as the Jammin buggies and truggies.

These are the knuckles you can use:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3791

Xtreme racing now also makes carbon fiber towers and other parts for the Ultra LX one

http://www.xtremercracing.com/ULTR_LX_6303.cfm

I know the Ultra LX one is also using the original Jammin shocks, which should also mean that the new super big bores will fit. I dont know this for sure so check your clearances before buying.
outtafocus is offline   Reply With Quote