Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Not your typical "which engine" thread >

Not your typical "which engine" thread

Not your typical "which engine" thread

Old 09-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I like this idea blowpopracer! I had a OS .21 VG and it will last a season and then throw it away. I think the a RB S3 might work for what you want and throw in a smaller venturi insert.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If you're trying to soften the low-end, you can use light clutch springs, composite clutch shoes, a larger pinion gear, and richening the low-end needle. Also, if your radio has exponental, you can flatten out the low-end throttle curve. The best way to control low-end punch though is of course concentration and throttle control and practice practice practice, but you knew that.
Originally Posted by blowpopracer
I have richened and limited the throttle travel but I have not played with restrictors. Thought about buying a really small restrictor maybe a 5.5 and trying it then. Will running a restrictor take away some of the low end? I know limiting throttle travel only takes away the top and what I want is a engine that has very little punch off the line.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

i tell you what its definatly not the mach 427
Old 09-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i had a GS buggy and it had a GS rtr motor that was a pooch and it was about $100 new i think and the only way it would make the triple at the track i run at is to lean so it ran about 300-325 f.