R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Jato 2.8 Servo sticking/unresponsive at times

I have an issue with my Jato 2.8 lately where basically the servos seem to lose responsiveness when the car is running and stick. WHen the engine is off I can turn the wheel and engage the throttle and the response seems fine. When the car is running, sometimes it works ok but much of the time it will just stop and lag. When I pull the throttle, sometimes it does not move, other times it takes off. Sometimes it moves but only about 1/4 throttle then slows. The same time this happens the steering seems to freeze up too where I turn the wheel and either nothing happens or it moves VERY slightly or just much slower. This has been going on the last 2 times i tried to use the car. Batteries have all been changed, no difference. THe car like this is basically undriveable as it can just stop in the middle of use and sit there at times.

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this and what can be done to fix it?
rag133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I own three Jatos and it sounds to me like your servos may be toast. I had the same problem with my steering servo a couple times and when I took it apart I found the gears were demolished. The throttle servo isn't as prone to damage so that's a bit confusing. I would check the antenna wire and the battery pack and servo wires to make sure you don't have any exposed sections or cuts. If you've got fresh batteries in then you need to start checking wires and the servos themselves. Let us know what you find.
t0adman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

It is just odd that BOTH stick at the same time, batteries are new too. Damn. Also, this seems to happen only when the engine is running, when it just sits off with the remote on, the servos seem to work ok.
rag133 is offline   Reply With Quote