Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$600+ Buggys perform poorly

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

[QUOTE=vladconnery;4863228]I was at the worlds this past week. I have to say 1st congrats to HB well done all week long .

However I noticed that the $600+ buggys did not perform well at all. Other than Tebo and the Odonell buggy I was not impressed. Wheeler needs to fire his tire sponsor that was embarassing. LT Front coms unglued then 5 laps after getting front tire replaced RT Rear comes unglued. Admitedly he was doing well during the heat but tire issues killed hi QUOTE]

the tire coming unglued is wheelers fault he glued them he embarassed himself and his sponsor

and i would like to see you make the final with the car of your chose
Old 09-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It appears everyone focuses on the cars, but not the driver's.

Your top 3 World's drivers are: the current ROAR Nat champion, the current Euro champion and the current JMRCA 1/8 champion (08 still to come).

I would say these are the guys at the top of there game right now.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ezveedub
It appears everyone focuses on the cars, but not the driver's.

Your top 3 World's drivers are: the current ROAR Nat champion, the current Euro champion and the current JMRCA 1/8 champion (08 still to come).

I would say these are the guys at the top of there game right now.

DING DING DING we have a winner tell him what he has won Johnny...
Old 09-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No one has actually mentioned teamwork although many have pointed out the car is not the be all and end all. A win at that level is always, always going to be the sum of all it's parts from preperation to chassis and engine tuning to race strategy to driver talent and nerve as well as that little dose of luck* that puts the cherry on top.

*Or rather lack of bad luck.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just have to say this, The driver is the most important point but the car, setup, engine and pitman are all part of it too. The hotbodies D8 did prove itself capable in the right hands. If I can be better with it though remains to be seen. I ordered one last week and it will be here tommorow. I bought it because it's price and it looks to be capable.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im glad the Losi's are less than $600...
Old 09-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Another thing to consider is the track design and conditions and how it would match to each buggy's characteristics... wasn't "The Farm" more of a open European design as opposed to the typical North American supercross style tracks ? I am not trying to take anything away from HB, 4 out of the top 10 is excelent and major props to them for achieving that......... But if someone wants to assume the expensive buggies are not as good, then we also must take into consideration that the D8 may excel on that style of track, but it is very possible the D8 may not have the same advantages on a different track design or surface...that is is the D8 has any advantages to begin with...From what I know every race is different, this was Hotbodies weekend to shine and major props to them...but I do not think its time to start trash talking other products over it...remember "Every Dog has his Day" ..we should be congratulating HotBodies not trashing everyone else.........
Old 09-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vladconnery
I was at the worlds this past week. I have to say 1st congrats to HB well done all week long .

However I noticed that the $600+ buggys did not perform well at all. Other than Tebo and the Odonell buggy I was not impressed. Wheeler needs to fire his tire sponsor that was embarassing. LT Front coms unglued then 5 laps after getting front tire replaced RT Rear comes unglued. Admitedly he was doing well during the heat but tire issues killed him.

I am not trying to rag on any brands. I just find it perculiar that an $850 buggy performed so miserably. I literally have nothing good to say about Kyosho and I thought I would be impressed. Having never seen the buggy in person I was expecting to be wowed. It was more like having real hot babe who sucked in bed. Nor was I wowed by 808 although I personally never was. In the back of my mind I always assumed that it was the guys at my local track. I figured I would be seriously impressed by some real profesionals NOT!

Just to summerize cause I have to leave for work. If Mugen keeps it price below $600. Fearing a price hike from them after there success at the worlds. No buggy $600 or more would have really done squat at the worlds. Can anyone say market correction is on the way. Not to mention on average cost to be a winning buggy on the podium was a mear $440. Now take all I said with a grain of salt it's just my opinions and thoughts. However think back to those flaming arguments we had on the Kyosho must be on crack thread.
Uhhh... your opinion comes from doing to much crack.

The short...
1. Yes, congratulation's to the best driver..! Hara
2. Xray qualified third out of 200+ with a very small team. From what I've been hearing the Xray looked the best on the track regardless of the driver.
3. Truhe rocks! The 8 2.0 will be lighter and better than the old 8.
4. I've driven a Hotbodies, and yes they are good buggies for the money. However I've driven the Xray also, and it is hands down a better performer inn every way.
5. Kyosho needed more time with that buggy before this race, but thye might have to drop the price a bit to sell it.
6. Mugen has created a descent buggy, time will tell how good.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Another thing to consider is the track design and conditions and how it would match to each buggy's characteristics... wasn't "The Farm" more of a open European design as opposed to the typical North American supercross style tracks ? I am not trying to take anything away from HB, 4 out of the top 10 is excelent and major props to them for achieving that......... But if someone wants to assume the expensive buggies are not as good, then we also must take into consideration that the D8 may excel on that style of track, but it is very possible the D8 may not have the same advantages on a different track design or surface...that is is the D8 has any advantages to begin with...From what I know every race is different, this was Hotbodies weekend to shine and major props to them...but I do not think its time to start trash talking other products over it...remember "Every Dog has his Day" ..we should be congratulating HotBodies not trashing everyone else.........
Well Said
Old 09-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

im reading this thread and im hearing poeple say the worlds dont mean a dang. not true. for companies it is a very bigg deal. its all about pricing half the time. since alot of cars didnt do as well as a $380 buggy. watch the price on mugen, kyosho, and a couple other car prices drop because they didnt do well. bad for the company. it may not mean much to us but means alot to the manufactors
Old 09-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

I dont know why Mugen keeps getting dragged up in the price chat here, mugen have brought the 6 out at the same price as the previous car and they are way under the MP9 price and under the Xray as well, they may not be $380 but you do get a lot of car for the extra whether you agree or not is up to you.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D8
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING DUDE!!! you need to go back and smoke another one...
Dear Sir

Is that all you can come up with .give me a reason why you think im smoking ?can you i dont think so .Facts are facts my dear freind.

what you dont realise is that Hara is a dear freind of mine and so is his boss hitoshi who i speak to on a regular basis and who i also meet up with for dinner at all hobby shows around the world.

but yes a big congratulaions to Hara and HB they did do a great Job but knocking someone else's products is not nice thats all im saying .All products are good its the driver behind them that can make them look even better.Am i wrong?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Old 09-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Robert.Hull;4863975]
Originally Posted by vladconnery
I was at the worlds this past week. I have to say 1st congrats to HB well done all week long .

However I noticed that the $600+ buggys did not perform well at all. Other than Tebo and the Odonell buggy I was not impressed. Wheeler needs to fire his tire sponsor that was embarassing. LT Front coms unglued then 5 laps after getting front tire replaced RT Rear comes unglued. Admitedly he was doing well during the heat but tire issues killed hi QUOTE]

the tire coming unglued is wheelers fault he glued them he embarassed himself and his sponsor

and i would like to see you make the final with the car of your chose

I seem to remember someones tire coming off saturday drove good there robert on 3 tires and a rim
Old 09-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Well to think I started not start this thread this morning. Wrote it about 5:50am and by the time I got to work I was like wow at the replies. Now I am so glad I did. I intentionally was trying to Flame things up just to see who gets it and who is still stuck on what you drive. Some of you replied reasonably as I have time and time again to whats the best buggy threads. Some you showed your idiocracywith the usual comments from the usual suspects. My quote that I always use in those threads.

" Never elevate a driver for what he drives. Elevate him for how he drives what he drives."

Cleary this weeks race was a more a crowning of who actually has been the best drivers all year. Hara who basically flies under the radar do to being overseas some guys are still going "Who?". Truhe wha has been consistant not just this year but in the previous years also actually think this was one his best years. Tebo who practically if you didn't know him before the switch to Odonell well you know him now.

Amazingly some of you still are making excuses for why your team or driver did not do better. Well his buggys got titanium this and that or he runs this engine. They gave there team the new buggy a month before the Worlds. Well aint that kinda stupid to do that for the most important event of the year. Here you go Manning (Peyton or Eli take your pick) heres a new offense you got a month to learn it and win the superbowl. Kinda like Pats fans after last years super bowl implossion.

Fact when your great at what you do you rise to the most important occasions and you win know matter what the odds are. As a matter fact the greater the odds the higher you able to elevate yourself i.e. tiger wining US open with a bum knee. Greatness is simply your god given ability mixed with the mental determination to will yourself to win. You know like Jordan trust me it was never the shoes. Lets not forget he lost his ability fly in the later years but still found away to win.

Originally Posted by Sam-E
The worlds don't mean shit, some companies spend up on drivers other dont.. simple as that. Hara could have won with a 600+ buggy or the 380 dollar HB!!

If the worlds don't mean shit then why have them. I guess we should toss out the super bowl, nba finals, wimbledon, soccer world cup, and the world series cause they don't mean shit. It's just individuals or teams spending alot of money on players or equipment when other teams and individuals don't. Good thing we don't do that or I guess Giants would not be SB champions. Red sox don't comeback from an 0-3 deficit marlins dont win a world series. I think thats why we play the games to see who wins when it's all on the line. personal reply to above comment cause it was the one that made the least sence.

All and all these little buggy's are all on a level plane for the most part. Each have a superio something over the other. There is no best buggy at any price and there never will be. Only best drivers who elevate there game no matter what the circumstance or the vehicle. You can read that in another post on here somewhere I said it before.

Just wanted to draw attention to the fact the best drivers won and it had little to do with what they drove. Yes there were team errors but thats why the great ones win cause they or there teams don't make mental errors. i.e. "I'll glue my own tires" what the heck you got sponsors for. Next time I see Tony Stewart I'll be sure to mention to him he should mount his own tires.

Thanks for the Flames I'll take them with a grain of salt. Glad to see some of you actually have your heads twisted on proper like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.