Wiki Posts
Search

$600+ Buggys perform poorly

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default $600+ Buggys perform poorly

I was at the worlds this past week. I have to say 1st congrats to HB well done all week long .

However I noticed that the $600+ buggys did not perform well at all. Other than Tebo and the Odonell buggy I was not impressed. Wheeler needs to fire his tire sponsor that was embarassing. LT Front coms unglued then 5 laps after getting front tire replaced RT Rear comes unglued. Admitedly he was doing well during the heat but tire issues killed him.

I am not trying to rag on any brands. I just find it perculiar that an $850 buggy performed so miserably. I literally have nothing good to say about Kyosho and I thought I would be impressed. Having never seen the buggy in person I was expecting to be wowed. It was more like having real hot babe who sucked in bed. Nor was I wowed by 808 although I personally never was. In the back of my mind I always assumed that it was the guys at my local track. I figured I would be seriously impressed by some real profesionals NOT!

Just to summerize cause I have to leave for work. If Mugen keeps it price below $600. Fearing a price hike from them after there success at the worlds. No buggy $600 or more would have really done squat at the worlds. Can anyone say market correction is on the way. Not to mention on average cost to be a winning buggy on the podium was a mear $440. Now take all I said with a grain of salt it's just my opinions and thoughts. However think back to those flaming arguments we had on the Kyosho must be on crack thread.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

in racing most is about the pilot and the preparation
Hara is very good , keeping his calm in these circumstances
his racetuning is the best..
and team HB have done but racing these days to get the D8 ready

I mean, perhaps the new kyosho is the best around
but you got to have to be dialed at the right time
and have a lot of luck..

Last edited by speedy2; 09-22-2008 at 03:53 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

good driver, and lots of luck!!! is the key to winning.

d8 was the first out of the race travis, jesse who i was hoping would win, broke and they had to fix it.

look at AE, one had a brake promblem and one prolly run out of fuel. there is the luck factor.

guys need to run the d8 for 6 months then come back with a honest opion of the quality of the buggie, the same goes for the 9.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Yeah, firstly, I will take the opportunity to congratulate Hara and the Hotbodies team. They performed excellently, and Hara withheld the pressure well.

But as for saying about the Kyosho's, yes they didn't do all that well, and they didn't have a great meet, but the car has only been around for a month or so, so give it time, they still will be good.

Then we get to the D8. Car was excellent, But Hara drove an outstanding race, and his crew done a magnificent job. The D8 is the same, give it time, in 6 months, it might be struggling to keep up, then again it might kill all the competition, but only time will tell

But overall, the Kyosho crew was a slight dissapointment, but give em time
Old 09-22-2008, 03:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The worlds don't mean shit, some companies spend up on drivers other dont.. simple as that. Hara could have won with a 600+ buggy or the 380 dollar HB!!
Old 09-22-2008, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Its sad to see people saying things like what im reading at the moment.

First of all i dont want to sound rude but if i do forgive but im not having a go at any of you so i apologise if i offend anyone .

First not everyone here is an engineer not even racers and most dont know anything about geometry or engineering .
Hara is a top racer and an even better human being but we have to admit he can drive a piece of soap with wheels on it .
The D8 did not win him the race the pit strategy and the fuel economy of the Os engine won him the race not the buggy.
I did some calculations and if the top 4 drivers were all on the same pit stops Mike Truhe would have won that Race by over 32 secs and thats a true fact and hara would have ended up third or fourth .

Its got nothing to do with a buggy .A buggy is tops when anyone can drive it easily straight out of the box and there is only probably 3 only that can do that .

so guys what im saying is all buggies are great in there own way but saying a cheaper model has won the world title and the expensive models are crap is not nice .

well there is my two cent worth.

Its all marketing dudes like what wins on sunday will sell on monday but what wins on sunday might not win for you .
Old 09-22-2008, 04:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Its sad to see people saying things like what im reading at the moment.

First of all i dont want to sound rude but if i do forgive but im not having a go at any of you so i apologise if i offend anyone .

First not everyone here is an engineer not even racers and most dont know anything about geometry or engineering .
Hara is a top racer and an even better human being but we have to admit he can a drive a piece of soap with wheels on it .
The D8 did not win him the race the pit strategy and the fuel economy of the Os engine won him the race not the buggy.
I did some calculations and if the top 4 drivers were all on the same pit stops Mike Truhe would have won that Race by over 32 secs and thats a true fact and hara would have ended up third or fourth .

Its got nothing to do with a buggy .A buggy is tops when anyone can drive it easily straight out of the box and there is only probably 3 only that can do that .

so guys what im saying is all buggies are great in there own way but saying a cheaper model has one the world title and the expensive models are crap is not nice .

well there is my two cent worth.

Its all marketing dudes like what wins on sunday will sell on monday but what wins on sunday might not win for you .
Hell yeah, Angelo my man he could have done it with a Nanda!!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Or even with a caster !!!

Have to agree with Angelo though.
For some racers its about teh results teh car gets and for others its about teh bling and what they pay for the gear.
Different appeall to larger population but at teh end its about consistency, strategy, reliability and a good bit of lady luck or having Murphy on your back that decides on your results.

It does make some realise that the lesser known brands are capable in the right hands.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

funny how people jump on bandwagons, just pick the brand you wanna run and be happy, next race the 600-850 could win, its all about racing, maifield would have most likely won it if he hadnt flamed out, he had been up there even with a bad pit strategy because of inferior fuel economy
Old 09-22-2008, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

hara won because hes fast... period. you take anyone who has raced mod electric touring on rubbers and electric dirt as long as he has and been as fast as he has.. and they are going to be fast at whatever you give them to drive..
Old 09-22-2008, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

this thread is pathetic. you obvoiusly didnt spend anytime at the worlds except for sunday.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by punkracer24
this thread is pathetic. you obvoiusly didnt spend anytime at the worlds except for sunday.
Leon, majority of this forum doesn't go to major races, they view online results only.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Congrats to HotBodies and Hara, I think it is sweet an they took the win.

A-main, world event... How can perform poorly even be in a sentence with those other two words?
Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 AM
Suspended

+1
Old 09-22-2008, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You got tears in your beer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.