R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-26-2008, 12:59 PM   #121
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

what i dont understand is why people just dont run what they wanna run, if you cant afford a $600.00+ car dont buy one, there is no reason to knock it, if you wanna spend 850.00 for the kyosho, just buy one, if there wasnt a market for it they wouldnt produce it
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:07 PM   #122
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to IanWright

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow coach View Post
No car is perfect that is 100% true but i would disagree that you cant have a competitive car which doesnt wear out in next to no time, there are cars on the market which can provide this and come in well under the $600 figure being kicked around this forum
True about next to no time, but in the long term... no. Xray cars are legendary for being low maintenance, but they do break and they do wear out. But for that kind of quality materials and workmanship you will pay for it. I expect the MP9 will be very hardwearing, but again it's an $800 car and it will wear out and it will break. To get the quality of materials in Xray and Kyosho it comes at a price, and not a metaphorical one. And it can still break. The idea of a competitive car that won't need anything replacing or breaking as Allumina seems to be suggesting is unrealistic as far as i can see.

As awesome as the new Kyosho is, I think Kanai would have to agree:

I'm not suggesting cheaper cars can't be competitive and fairly hard wearing... but the competitive car that doesn't break or gather slop is a unicorn.
IanWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:27 PM   #123
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm1126 View Post
what i dont understand is why people just dont run what they wanna run, if you cant afford a $600.00+ car dont buy one, there is no reason to knock it, if you wanna spend 850.00 for the kyosho, just buy one, if there wasnt a market for it they wouldnt produce it
Well said....

I personally have not taken anything away from HARA or HB, I personally think that it is awesome that they won, and well done to them....again.

I'm just sick of the attacks on the 'more expensive' cars, plain and simple . Let me say, it is almost turning me off of the HB D8 . I dont dislike any hobby grade RC cars, I just prefer some brands to others, if I can afford it, and I want it, why cant I buy an MP9?

Oh, and is the 8ight2, now considered to be in the 'expensive cars' bracket @ $650 or whatever it is .
AE 1/10, Reds
"If it's old skool, it's kool"
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:18 PM   #124
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Allumina

You guys are reading too far into what I said I'm not saying that my MP9 is gonna turn into some invincible unicorn once I get it assembled, i'm just saying that due to my past experience, cars like The losi and the RC8, both of which I owned and RACED simply dont hold a candle to the quality of parts that i've experienced with Kyosho cars.

Pdmustgt, do you even read the posts you reply to or do you just put dictionaries into the garbage disposal and type up what comes out?
Allumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:49 PM   #125
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allumina View Post
You guys are reading too far into what I said I'm not saying that my MP9 is gonna turn into some invincible unicorn once I get it assembled, i'm just saying that due to my past experience, cars like The losi and the RC8, both of which I owned and RACED simply dont hold a candle to the quality of parts that i've experienced with Kyosho cars.

Pdmustgt, do you even read the posts you reply to or do you just put dictionaries into the garbage disposal and type up what comes out?
AE 1/10, Reds
"If it's old skool, it's kool"
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:21 PM   #126
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWright View Post
True about next to no time, but in the long term... no. Xray cars are legendary for being low maintenance, but they do break and they do wear out. But for that kind of quality materials and workmanship you will pay for it. I expect the MP9 will be very hardwearing, but again it's an $800 car and it will wear out and it will break. To get the quality of materials in Xray and Kyosho it comes at a price, and not a metaphorical one. And it can still break. The idea of a competitive car that won't need anything replacing or breaking as Allumina seems to be suggesting is unrealistic as far as i can see.

As awesome as the new Kyosho is, I think Kanai would have to agree:

I'm not suggesting cheaper cars can't be competitive and fairly hard wearing... but the competitive car that doesn't break or gather slop is a unicorn.

still looking for the elusive unicorn , several racers at my club have raced Kyosho one side says they never break never wear out, the other side says the exact opposite the parts wore out and had to be replaced periodically, personally i replace parts when they start looking tat and want that new look again how vain is that crikey the family car doesnt get that kinda treatment it gets a wash once a quarter if the pressure washer at works not knacked, $800 forget it as much as i might want one lets be real thats a lot of wedge for what it is having said that you seen the price of touring cars lately !!
a win on the lottery :D
slow coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:28 PM   #127
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Allumina

Quote:
still looking for the elusive unicorn , several racers at my club have raced Kyosho one side says they never break never wear out, the other side says the exact opposite the parts wore out and had to be replaced periodically, personally i replace parts when they start looking tat and want that new look again how vain is that crikey the family car doesnt get that kinda treatment it gets a wash once a quarter if the pressure washer at works not knacked, $800 forget it as much as i might want one lets be real thats a lot of wedge for what it is having said that you seen the price of touring cars lately !!
Indeed, and it's a shame to see the class go the way it has. I think it was an interview with Hara I read that he feels the touringcar class is going to fall to the wayside because of the cost and level of competition so prevelant in today's touring events. I remember when 1/10 touring was a blast, but I have to agree now the price and "seriousness" of it has gotten out of hand. In that regard, I do think the price of the MP9 is a serious matter, I dont want to see the 1/8 offroad class take the same turn-for-worse
Allumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #128
Tech Initiate

Public Announcement!!! Crack kills!!
gizzo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:36 PM   #129
AE

Offsetting fouls. D8-$389, MP9-$850. Half the distance to the goal line! 1st down!
Dyno Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:39 PM   #130
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Dan View Post
Offsetting fouls. D8-$389, MP9-$850. Half the distance to the goal line! 1st down!
You think so how many times have that been proven wrong. Too many to count now
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #131
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to IanWright

Quote:
still looking for the elusive unicorn ,
Heh, yeah... it's 9 pm and i have been rebuilding my RC8 taking slop out... since 2pm.
IanWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:28 AM   #132
Tech Elite

The Buggy that doesnt break and doesnt wear is the NRB-3/SX8 .you struggle to sell parts for this buggy as its strong very competative,doesnt wear as quick as the others and has the most steering of all on the market .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:21 AM   #133
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
The Buggy that doesnt break and doesnt wear is the NRB-3/SX8 .you struggle to sell parts for this buggy as its strong very competative,doesnt wear as quick as the others and has the most steering of all on the market .
A do what????
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:23 AM   #134
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post

lol....ive seen it break, more than once....and it was in pretty capable hands......
BAUSTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #135
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Listen to you guys squable over an $800.00 toy car.did you get what I just said??? An $800.00 toy car!!! That has to be the most retarded thing I have ever heard of.For that price you could build 2 D8's Or build 1 and put the other in the parts box for spares.for that price that buggy had better be gold plated and come with kanai's cell # so I can call him for set-up tips at 4 in the morning if I want. You know I always hear guys whine about how expensive it is to race.Well when your willing to pay $800.00 for a roller, what do you really expect the next model released to be cheaper??? Hell no. They next time around they will soak you for $900.00 because they know you will pay it.Look at the touring car scene and learn from it. The very same idiocy has driven it to a ludicrous level of wallet racing. That's why after 22 years I have stuck with 2wd buggies and trucks.A kit will run you the same $200.00 that it cost you 20 years ago.
2wdMod is offline   Reply With Quote