R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2008, 09:19 PM   #106
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 95
Talking Spaztanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaytanic View Post
Would someone please get this guy and InsideLine to STOP WHORING Airland!! I am SOOOOOO sick of these posts.

"Hey guys I found a great price at blah blah blah."Pay for advertising like any other self respecting business.
LOL!.... you crybaby...!

Why don't you say that about the A-main hobbies guys posting in here. They have posted that A-main link hundreds of times, and I don't see you throwing a fit like a little kid about that. What gives...?

I don't own Airland Hobbies, but I do buy lots of stuff from them, and they hook me up. So in return I will help let people know that there is another online shop just as big, called Airland Hobbies.com. So take'er easy... Spaztanic....
Anyways, why cant a guy help out the shop that they like, without someone freaking out...? Its not hurting anyone and they have good pricing on certain items. We could all save some cash if we posted sales and stuff on here from all over the web. Heck I've found tons useful links to all sorts of companies on RCTech, thats what this place is for.. sharing info.

Ohh... and if you haven't notice Airland Hobbies does pay for advertising in two major magazines, RCUniverse, RC-tech, UndergroundRC, and more. So your statement about paying for advertising is retarded, and I don't care if your sick of it.

http://www.airlandhobbies.com/pages/index.htm

Inside_Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:27 PM   #107
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 95
Default

.
Inside_Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:33 AM   #108
Tech Elite
 
ezveedub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,411
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside_Line View Post
LOL!.... you crybaby...!

Why don't you say that about the A-main hobbies guys posting in here. They have posted that A-main link hundreds of times, and I don't see you throwing a fit like a little kid about that. What gives...?

I don't own Airland Hobbies, but I do buy lots of stuff from them, and they hook me up. So in return I will help let people know that there is another online shop just as big, called Airland Hobbies.com. So take'er easy... Spaztanic....
Anyways, why cant a guy help out the shop that they like, without someone freaking out...? Its not hurting anyone and they have good pricing on certain items. We could all save some cash if we posted sales and stuff on here from all over the web. Heck I've found tons useful links to all sorts of companies on RCTech, thats what this place is for.. sharing info.

Ohh... and if you haven't notice Airland Hobbies does pay for advertising in two major magazines, RCUniverse, RC-tech, UndergroundRC, and more. So your statement about paying for advertising is retarded, and I don't care if your sick of it.

http://www.airlandhobbies.com/pages/index.htm

Actually, your're helping yourself by promoting yourself to Airlandhobbies, not the thread. Some of the "airlandhobbies" posts you're posting are for items that you're strictly steering to airlandhobbies, whether its a deal or not. Most people post to Amain, not to promote it, but because they have almost every item or picture of an RC item on the site and people use it for reference. You can find better prices online other than Amain, but a lot just post to it for picture posting.
__________________
Kyosho, Mugen Seiki, Maxy's Fuel, KO Propo
O.S., Ninja JX, Novarossi, RMV
ezveedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:27 AM   #109
Tech Elite
 
slaytanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,171
Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
Actually, your're helping yourself by promoting yourself to Airlandhobbies, not the thread. Some of the "airlandhobbies" posts you're posting are for items that you're strictly steering to airlandhobbies, whether its a deal or not. Most people post to Amain, not to promote it, but because they have almost every item or picture of an RC item on the site and people use it for reference. You can find better prices online other than Amain, but a lot just post to it for picture posting.

+1

I dont have anything against you, at least I didn't, or against Airland. When people post links to Amain it's becuase people ask for it or to provide a pic. You guys LOOK for places to push them. There is a difference. Anyone can go back and look at your posts and see that. I might even buy something from them if the site wasn't such a pain in the azz. Again if you are trying to help someone with a question feel free to direct them to what you know. Just don't look for an excuse to push them.

If you wanna attack me personally feel free to take it to PM's. I dont recall calling you names.
__________________
Team Epic
Team Terribles~Answer RC~Fastlane Graphics~Torco Race Fuels
XB808 Mamba Max Pro/Tekin 1900kv RC-monster mount and tray 4s
XT8 Hobbywing 150a esc/2000kv combo KILLER! Full rc-monster e conversion. 4s

Last edited by slaytanic; 09-25-2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: SP
slaytanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #110
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 95
Default

OMG... LOL!

OK, sorry about calling you Spaztanic.

OK, here is a "picture" of a $600 buggy that will perform like a $600.00 buggy. Thats all I wanted to say until the off subject attack.



...and it just so happens Airlands price for this buggy is $600 exactly what the thread title says... another reason I posted it.

Ohh and "Actually, your're helping yourself by promoting yourself to Airlandhobbies, not the thread." doesn't make sense. Sorry.

Ok back on subject..

Will the cheaper "less than $600.00 buggy" dominate local racing? What do you guys think?

Last edited by Inside_Line; 09-25-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Inside_Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #111
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I think to Hot Bodies will do good in local racing. The Not so rich, some faster drivers, and newbs on a budget are gonna flock to this car like seagulls. Local domination will create parts support, set ups, everything. Die Hards will pick there usual flavor, but there will be a strong following with the D8. But only time will tell.
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:14 PM   #112
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 855
Default

What gets me before the worlds race alot kept going on and on 380 dollar buggy is a cheap no good car. It can't win the "big races" because it's cheap that means it has cheap building materials used in it. Now after the worlds race the D8 buggy well worked good on certain tracks. Well I'm sorry but with all the adjustment in these buggies have they can be tuned to work on "that" track or atleast happy in between. D8 has been raced and testing on many styles of tracks. That price also makes and bring in new poeple into the racing sence that we need
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #113
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 743
Questions??

I agree the industry needs more entry level race cars. +1

Now if you could afford to run Kyosho, Mugen, Losi or Xray's new buggy, is the D8 still going to tempt you? Do you still think "you get what you pay for"?

How much does weight affect the performance? We often weigh buggies on a scale at our track to compare running weight. The lightest car so far has been a 100% stock Xray XB808 by far. The "stock" D8 weighs in much heavier, does this give the other buggies an advantage in corners, jumps and acceleration?

By the time you do things to lighten the D8 does it cost as much as the "over priced" buggy?

?
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:46 AM   #114
Tech Fanatic
 
Allumina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 939
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Allumina
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCrazy View Post
I agree the industry needs more entry level race cars. +1

Now if you could afford to run Kyosho, Mugen, Losi or Xray's new buggy, is the D8 still going to tempt you? Do you still think "you get what you pay for"?

How much does weight affect the performance? We often weigh buggies on a scale at our track to compare running weight. The lightest car so far has been a 100% stock Xray XB808 by far. The "stock" D8 weighs in much heavier, does this give the other buggies an advantage in corners, jumps and acceleration?

By the time you do things to lighten the D8 does it cost as much as the "over priced" buggy?

?
Good Post. I am in no way tempted by the D8 at all, buying "budget" equipment just isnt appealing to me. People can say rabble rabble D8 won the worlds until they're blue in the face, but it wasnt stock. Kyosho has bad luck, Mugen did quite well, Losi did quite well, seems like maybe Xray had some bad luck. I just boils down to brand loyalty, and your pocket book. Anybody can win with any car if the equation is right, im a firm believer of that.

For me, im going to be getting an MP9 in the mail for one reason;

I owned an 8IGHT for a short amount of time, even though I dont talk about it much. This car got so sloppy and worn out it was embarrassing to think that I spent money on it

I also owned an RC8 for a few months, again it got so sloppy it was ridiculous.

I just recently sold a 7-8 year old Kyosho 7.5. I raced this thing competitively weekly, for a good 2 and a half years. I spent a year "bashing" it around the yard and parks after my local dirt track closed down, needless to say this car saw some use. I never once replaced a part on the car, and to the day when I sold it a couple weeks ago, theres still not one Iota of slop anywhere. Thats quality, plain and simple.
__________________
[COLOR="Red"]Kyosho[/COLOR] - MP9 & ST-RR
A[COLOR="red"]K[/COLOR]A - Tires and Wheels[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Novarossi Racing Engines[/COLOR] - 21-4 Plus & Toro Nero
Houstons Engine Service - [email]houstonsengineservice@live.com[/email]
Allumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #115
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allumina View Post
Good Post. I am in no way tempted by the D8 at all, buying "budget" equipment just isnt appealing to me. People can say rabble rabble D8 won the worlds until they're blue in the face, but it wasnt stock. Kyosho has bad luck, Mugen did quite well, Losi did quite well, seems like maybe Xray had some bad luck. I just boils down to brand loyalty, and your pocket book. Anybody can win with any car if the equation is right, im a firm believer of that.

For me, im going to be getting an MP9 in the mail for one reason;

I owned an 8IGHT for a short amount of time, even though I dont talk about it much. This car got so sloppy and worn out it was embarrassing to think that I spent money on it

I also owned an RC8 for a few months, again it got so sloppy it was ridiculous.

I just recently sold a 7-8 year old Kyosho 7.5. I raced this thing competitively weekly, for a good 2 and a half years. I spent a year "bashing" it around the yard and parks after my local dirt track closed down, needless to say this car saw some use. I never once replaced a part on the car, and to the day when I sold it a couple weeks ago, theres still not one Iota of slop anywhere. Thats quality, plain and simple.

Ok but you going to tell me that the kyosho wasn't modified for the "worlds race". They all still have to meet the min weight

2nd I had alot of r/c cars they all wear and get sloppy. The kyosho wears and gets sloppy just like the rest of them in the same amount of time I've had kyosho's before. We are racing on dirt and it effects are r/c cars alot in wear items well unless you don't race it and bought it for a show car as in you buy it and build and then sell it. So then you can claim I've owned one then post bad reviews on something you never ran.
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #116
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: south florida
Posts: 7,704
Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)
Default

hot bodies guys are just like go-tech guys
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #117
Tech Elite
 
ezveedub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,411
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm1126 View Post
hot bodies guys are just like go-tech guys
Funny!
__________________
Kyosho, Mugen Seiki, Maxy's Fuel, KO Propo
O.S., Ninja JX, Novarossi, RMV
ezveedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #118
Tech Master
 
mtbkym01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Oz
Posts: 1,670
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Insecure comes to mind
__________________
~Kym Nuske~
RCHobbyzone.com.au / Model Motorsports International
Mugen Seiki 1/8, Reds, Neo+ Fuels
AE 1/10, Reds
"If it's old skool, it's kool"
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #119
Tech Addict
 
IanWright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: If i'm not in England i'm in Southern California
Posts: 532
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to IanWright
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allumina View Post
Good Post. I am in no way tempted by the D8 at all, buying "budget" equipment just isnt appealing to me. People can say rabble rabble D8 won the worlds until they're blue in the face, but it wasnt stock. Kyosho has bad luck, Mugen did quite well, Losi did quite well, seems like maybe Xray had some bad luck. I just boils down to brand loyalty, and your pocket book. Anybody can win with any car if the equation is right, im a firm believer of that.

For me, im going to be getting an MP9 in the mail for one reason;

I owned an 8IGHT for a short amount of time, even though I dont talk about it much. This car got so sloppy and worn out it was embarrassing to think that I spent money on it

I also owned an RC8 for a few months, again it got so sloppy it was ridiculous.

I just recently sold a 7-8 year old Kyosho 7.5. I raced this thing competitively weekly, for a good 2 and a half years. I spent a year "bashing" it around the yard and parks after my local dirt track closed down, needless to say this car saw some use. I never once replaced a part on the car, and to the day when I sold it a couple weeks ago, theres still not one Iota of slop anywhere. Thats quality, plain and simple.
You forgot to mention the super sloppy RC8 had a little bad luck as well. TQ and leading the race until a flame out.

Some wear quicker than others, good luck finding a competitive car at this time that never develops slop or breaks under a hard impact in the right place. Talking to a regular A final pro Kyosho driver and checking out his car there was plenty of slop. Mark Pavidis is on record talking about the MP9 saying they have built in plastic bushings so they wear out rather than the main more expensive parts getting sloppy. AE already did that with bushings on the RC8. The guys winning stuff all the time with Losi cars aren't embaressed about the slop, they accept that having a light, fast car that can be tuned to the Nth degree comes with the fact that with use they wear out... and any form of motorsport is expensive in parts.

If you want a car that is as strong and doesn't wear out like your 7.5 best bet is to get another 7.5. No car is perfect in the terms you are looking for AND competitive at any real level.

I do however agree that any car can win if the equation is right, the D8's win is proof of that. It's a shame that isn't the thing that is being celebrated much.
IanWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #120
Tech Addict
 
slow coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: guernsey C.I.
Posts: 626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWright View Post
You forgot to mention the super sloppy RC8 had a little bad luck as well. TQ and leading the race until a flame out.

Some wear quicker than others, good luck finding a competitive car at this time that never develops slop or breaks under a hard impact in the right place. Talking to a regular A final pro Kyosho driver and checking out his car there was plenty of slop. Mark Pavidis is on record talking about the MP9 saying they have built in plastic bushings so they wear out rather than the main more expensive parts getting sloppy. AE already did that with bushings on the RC8. The guys winning stuff all the time with Losi cars aren't embaressed about the slop, they accept that having a light, fast car that can be tuned to the Nth degree comes with the fact that with use they wear out... and any form of motorsport is expensive in parts.

If you want a car that is as strong and doesn't wear out like your 7.5 best bet is to get another 7.5. No car is perfect in the terms you are looking for AND competitive at any real level.
No car is perfect that is 100% true but i would disagree that you cant have a competitive car which doesnt wear out in next to no time, there are cars on the market which can provide this and come in well under the $600 figure being kicked around this forum
__________________
Kyosho MP9TKI2 soon to be TKI3, Novarossi, SMD, GM Racing, www.grccc.org
a great wife and lovely kids
what more can you ask for
a win on the lottery :D
slow coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B4 Buggys For T4 Trucks inman59 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 01-04-2007 05:56 PM
MTX3 ready to race $600 for all athrun R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 04-24-2006 04:49 PM
1/10 4wd buggy's back on the rise it seems!!! cruzzinchop Electric Off-Road 8 11-04-2005 11:44 AM
FS AUST ONLY: RTR tl-01 with novak brushless ss5800 $600! migoreng R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-30-2004 04:11 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:47 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net