R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
What was hara doing to get fuel milege? Drake and Truhe Get like 12 minutes with those GRP's. U Can Get better than that? Im not getting your case...
I have seen a Speed go more than 12 minutes which is what Hara runs. I've personally seen 14 minutes and that same engine ran 16 minutes at a state race. I have yet to see a GRP run longer than the Speed, much less 12 minutes. In a long main race, that kind of fuel strategy makes a world of difference.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #62
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ive never had much exsperience with the Speed Motors, I always thought getting 11 12 was insane . Thats good Info. Only If I could get my RB's to do 13-16...
Old 09-22-2008, 10:04 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

I think the crank on the RB motors kill the run time. Add more ports and it starts to go down hill also. I think a tuned or modded S3 with a ceramic bearing would give good power and run time.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #64
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

[QUOTE=chris c;4865308]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Hull View Post

I seem to remember someones tire coming off saturday drove good there robert on 3 tires and a rim
haha yea that sucked im never using panther again PROLINE all the way i will admit i was in a hurry to get those glued i was just trying them out didnt like them atleast on that track
Old 09-23-2008, 05:51 AM   #65
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
I have seen a Speed go more than 12 minutes which is what Hara runs. I've personally seen 14 minutes and that same engine ran 16 minutes at a state race. I have yet to see a GRP run longer than the Speed, much less 12 minutes. In a long main race, that kind of fuel strategy makes a world of difference.

Fuel mileage depends on the track, if you have a large track with minimal jumps and long flat out straights fuel will suffer, if the track has more air and rythm sections you wont use so much fuel as generally once the cars in the air your only using the throttle to balance the chassis and normally you cant use full throttle on a rhythm section of a track so again saves fuel, from experience though the OS motors are very good on fuel economy compared to nova and rb especially.
a win on the lottery :D
slow coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:41 AM   #66
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
I think the crank on the RB motors kill the run time. Add more ports and it starts to go down hill also. I think a tuned or modded S3 with a ceramic bearing would give good power and run time.
Yep...

I run the OS Speed and the RB S3 modded. The RB last longer so I use that motor for practice and club racing, I use the Speed for bigger two day races. Run time is very close on both motors at around 8.5min - 10min at my track. The RB is still much cheaper even after mods.

..my next motor is this one:
http://www.airlandhobbies.com/catalo...2272868718.htm
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #67
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCrazy View Post
+1
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #68
Tech Addict

you gotta love OS as long as ive been running their engines power output has been 2.5hp no brash claims just a nice easy figure, and it looks like this has carried over to the new ninja jx21 also
a win on the lottery :D
slow coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #69
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcn r View Post
Bottom line, its a motor race...a car doesn't win and neither does a driver.
AutoXMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #70
Tech Addict

I dont even know why im replying to this post, but maybe allot of you dont know.

Hara mentioned he did quite a few mods to his car, at first he mentioned that he was running bone stock...then as he went on to explain on what he actually changed or did to the buggy, its safe to say its really not bone stock..

he mentioned the buggy had different rear shocks and shock towers, lightened chassis, lightened drivetrain, different cups..if the average consumer was to purchase said items seperately (as they would have to) you would be close to the 600 dollar price range, if not more.

Not to mention Hara was also running a 5.5 carb insert, and an OS speed, brushless servos and a 400 dollar radio...

all of his gear was well over a grand easy...

so to honestly say a 300 dollar kit won the worlds, is a far stretch JMHO.

and what was already stated, Hara is by far an awesome individual, fantastic driver and Hot bodies laid the smack down at the worlds!!!! im even contemplating on buying a D8 just to give it a whirl, and to say i drove a world champion winning buggy!

Kyosho manufactured an excellent buggy, and so did Mugen and so did Xray...i have seen them all except for the new Mugen buggy, but will here shortly

Im actually stoked to see something other than the norm win the worlds, and it shows how much all the manufacturers stepped up their game for all of us who some apparently do not appreciate....

If it wasnt for the very same manufacturers who most of you are putting down, we would all still be driving some flashlight up and down the block.

my thoughts on this subject...as i dont want to add much more to this topic.
Tonys Screws- Keeps you from getting screwed
Byrons Fuel- Makes the RC world go round

Last edited by Jesse; 09-23-2008 at 05:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Old 09-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #72
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Not to mention Hara was also running a 5.5 carb insert, and an OS speed, brushless servos and a 400 dollar radio...

and what was already stated, Hara is by far an awesome individual, fantastic driver and Hot bodies laid the smack down at the worlds!!!! im even contemplating on buying a D8 just to give it a whirl, and to say i drove a world champion winning buggy!

The people are discussing the vehicle in question, the "kit" not all of its running gear, which by the way is moot as everybody has their own options as to what they run.

Would you like to factor in the cost of those nifty shorts and Hara primo haircut as well into the equation to take away from the low cost of the buggy itself? Heck, lets just throw in the price of the ticket from Japan, then we have the most expensive buggy out there!
jmcn r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #73
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Well I guess I missed the part where other drivers were not using $400 radios and brushless servos and lightened chasis. Actually I didn't cause many used the same. Just look at the picks from the worlds some drivers of each of the brands of cars were Modded almost beyond recognition. Some were also pretty much stock. It's what you do at that level of competition. Hell it's what you do at the club level. I mean have'nt you been to a club race and looked at some guys car and said "What the Hell". Man just be happy for the dude and don't make up reasons why he won. He won because on that day he was better than everyone in the world period. Nothing he did was illegal and every other driver/team had the chance to do the same. Oh and I should mention some did and it didn't help.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #74
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

l

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #75
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I dont even know why im replying to this post, but maybe allot of you dont know.

Hara mentioned he did quite a few mods to his car, at first he mentioned that he was running bone stock...then as he went on to explain on what he actually changed or did to the buggy, its safe to say its really not bone stock..

he mentioned the buggy had different rear shocks and shock towers, lightened chassis, lightened drivetrain, different cups..if the average consumer was to purchase said items seperately (as they would have to) you would be close to the 600 dollar price range, if not more.

Kyosho manufactured an excellent buggy, and so did Mugen and so did Xray...i have seen them all except for the new Mugen buggy, but will here shortly

Im actually stoked to see something other than the norm win the worlds, and it shows how much all the manufacturers stepped up their game for all of us who some apparently do not appreciate....

If it wasnt for the very same manufacturers who most of you are putting down, we would all still be driving some flashlight up and down the block.

my thoughts on this subject...as i dont want to add much more to this topic.

Either there is an echo in here ------ or I'm dreaming that this was already covered at least once or 12 times earlier in the thread.
RCabcs is offline   Reply With Quote