R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #46
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to maximugen

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
but knocking someone else's products is not nice thats all im saying .
sorry i just couldnt help myself i actually laughed at that
HPI Savage - N/R 528
Trex 250
maximugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #47
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Some companies have more high profile drivers than other companies so who wins means
shit driver not car wins... Masami - Come Back!!!

Hehehe, only the states could have a world series!!! playing themselves!!!

Last edited by Sam-E; 09-22-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Sam-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:25 PM   #48
Tech Initiate

im not going to knock it but when you charge 600 and get be by 300 something is wrong
CSwaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #49
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSwaney View Post
im not going to knock it but when you charge 600 and get be by 300 something is wrong
What if I buy a used buggy for 250 and beat you with your 300 buggy.
wingracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
What if I buy a used buggy for 250 and beat you with your 300 buggy.
To funny Wing Love your replies.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:57 PM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette

Angelo, you have PM.
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #52
Tech Elite

well, all I can say is thank you! i was wondering what happened to josh wheeler. That sucks that his tires came off the rim! I thought he had a real chance to win!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:48 PM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro View Post
well, all I can say is thank you! i was wondering what happened to josh wheeler. That sucks that his tires came off the rim! I thought he had a real chance to win!
Actually he was running well and was making ground then you could see his tire coming of the bead. Even after he got the 1st lt front tire changed. He was moving back up then damn there goes the rt rear. I did not know he glued them himself until someone posted it. Actually can't believe that with all of those tire people there he glued his own.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #54
Tech Apprentice

You know...peoples problem when they are empowered by the ability to express their opinion on a forum is that they narrow in to a very tiny portion of a subject and focus on it and ignore everything surrounding it along with the underlying factors to go along with it. Geez, no wonder people tend to be 100% self assured with everything in the E-world.

"Attacking" the overly priced vehicles is one thing, but I cannot quite see that was being done instead of a simply critique that got some of you and your soapboxes in an uproar, OP...you stuck a nerve and a wallet .

You have people claiming its all driver......belittling the other competitors abilities?
You have people complaining its the motor......I am guessing that same motor has exclusivity on major wins this year then?
Haras car is so upgraded its not stock zomg!1!1one ......get real ladies.
This driver broke that one ran out of fuel......supercars run into problems is what you are saying, do tell.

Bottom line, its a motor race...a car doesn't win and neither does a driver. Its a combo of the complete vehicle package+prep+strategy & good fortune for measure. Congrats to the top 3....they all seemed to have a good combo of the above, but at the end of the day there is one 1st place trophy and that package on that day was optimal.

lmao btw.....Kyosho didn't have test and prep time? Really? You people really think that a company with IFMAR titles piled up over the last decade+ didn't get enough experience under their belt with the 9? You must have missed events like the Kyosho masters and Kanai jest setting across the world....for that he got the old guy cup and good for him and the Kcar.

Small team put 4 chassis in the finals ranging from out of the box to lightly tuned with varying engines/tyre and electronic packages. I would take it as a certain merit for that D8 chassis...but thats just me.

All of our E-experts have carefully examined and measured the material makeup and design proficiency of the D8 already and have been able to be skeptical though regarding its long term durability and maintenance factors. Not that previous Lightning and HPI/HB products have a tack record of the sort.......

Go HB for providing a vehicle at a spectacular price that has proven its merit already to the clubman racer and the type of mileage we put on it! Step ahead for the RC industry.
jmcn r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:58 PM   #55
Tech Addict

Old 09-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcn r View Post
You know...peoples problem when they are empowered by the ability to express their opinion on a forum is that they narrow in to a very tiny portion of a subject and focus on it and ignore everything surrounding it along with the underlying factors to go along with it. Geez, no wonder people tend to be 100% self assured with everything in the E-world.

"Attacking" the overly priced vehicles is one thing, but I cannot quite see that was being done instead of a simply critique that got some of you and your soapboxes in an uproar, OP...you stuck a nerve and a wallet .

You have people claiming its all driver......belittling the other competitors abilities?
You have people complaining its the motor......I am guessing that same motor has exclusivity on major wins this year then?
Haras car is so upgraded its not stock zomg!1!1one ......get real ladies.
This driver broke that one ran out of fuel......supercars run into problems is what you are saying, do tell.

Bottom line, its a motor race...a car doesn't win and neither does a driver. Its a combo of the complete vehicle package+prep+strategy & good fortune for measure. Congrats to the top 3....they all seemed to have a good combo of the above, but at the end of the day there is one 1st place trophy and that package on that day was optimal.

lmao btw.....Kyosho didn't have test and prep time? Really? You people really think that a company with IFMAR titles piled up over the last decade+ didn't get enough experience under their belt with the 9? You must have missed events like the Kyosho masters and Kanai jest setting across the world....for that he got the old guy cup and good for him and the Kcar.

Small team put 4 chassis in the finals ranging from out of the box to lightly tuned with varying engines/tyre and electronic packages. I would take it as a certain merit for that D8 chassis...but thats just me.

All of our E-experts have carefully examined and measured the material makeup and design proficiency of the D8 already and have been able to be skeptical though regarding its long term durability and maintenance factors. Not that previous Lightning and HPI/HB products have a tack record of the sort.......

Go HB for providing a vehicle at a spectacular price that has proven its merit already to the clubman racer and the type of mileage we put on it! Step ahead for the RC industry.
With all that said, the club racing and parts support for the D8 will now be played out to see how well this buggy is. I don't know anyone locally carrying this car.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #57
Tech Addict

Hara used a Mugen Fuel filter only reason he won
a win on the lottery :D
slow coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:29 PM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

congrats to everyone, but i think some people take things kind of far with the ripping. If a driver, car, engine or tire made it into the 1/8 or 1/4 main I would think they did pretty well...after all it was WORLDS...after an hour long race too have so many cars within 1-2 laps says something..replace one drivers luck with another and the results could be totally different....
22 SCT 2.0 Exotek Hobbywing 3.1 Stock Spec Fantom
Tekno 410SCT Hobbywing ProSC
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #59
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro View Post
Josh was running really well. After being in automatic qualification position for most of the race, he was actually still a possible 7th (thus being eligible for one of the two timed bump ups - although nobody from that main got the timed bump) when the THIRD tire started to come undone. Pretty impressive that he was still in contention after two tire changes and a third coming off. He actually didn't glue his own tires but supposedly was responsible for cleaning them before somebody on the team glued them.

I'm not sure if anybody saw but Ryan Lopez (Mod Hobby) was also running unbelievably for x-ray before a screw in his caster block backed out. He said that was the one part he didn't check the night before.

It really sucks that these two guys didn't make it to the Show b/c of these small mistakes as they seriously looked like the smoothest two cars/drivers out there in my opinion. Never really considered x-ray before personally, but my opinion was definitely changed after watching those two.
soccerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #60
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Its sad to see people saying things like what im reading at the moment.

First of all i dont want to sound rude but if i do forgive but im not having a go at any of you so i apologise if i offend anyone .

First not everyone here is an engineer not even racers and most dont know anything about geometry or engineering .
Hara is a top racer and an even better human being but we have to admit he can drive a piece of soap with wheels on it .
The D8 did not win him the race the pit strategy and the fuel economy of the Os engine won him the race not the buggy.
I did some calculations and if the top 4 drivers were all on the same pit stops Mike Truhe would have won that Race by over 32 secs and thats a true fact and hara would have ended up third or fourth .

Its got nothing to do with a buggy .A buggy is tops when anyone can drive it easily straight out of the box and there is only probably 3 only that can do that .

so guys what im saying is all buggies are great in there own way but saying a cheaper model has won the world title and the expensive models are crap is not nice .

well there is my two cent worth.

Its all marketing dudes like what wins on sunday will sell on monday but what wins on sunday might not win for you .

What was hara doing to get fuel milege? Drake and Truhe Get like 12 minutes with those GRP's. U Can Get better than that? Im not getting your case...