R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   No Novarossi in top 12 @ WC (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/243527-no-novarossi-top-12-%40-wc.html)

Jesussaves 09-21-2008 06:21 PM

No Novarossi in top 12 @ WC

What’s happened to Novarossi engines not 1 engine in the top 12. An engine manufacture with such strong pedigree and craftsmanship, what’s happened?

smb17 09-21-2008 06:59 PM

I havent really seen them in the top sence the vspec came out.

cjm1126 09-21-2008 07:23 PM

they dont seem to have any good sponsored drivers anymore, they lost a few last year to grp when they had there spending spree

skeller 09-21-2008 07:26 PM

I always liked the Nova engines....but there are more dogs in the hunt now. You can buy an engine for half the price of a Nova and get the same performance out of it.

Sam-E 09-21-2008 09:32 PM

This is my gripe with RB as well, in my country only though, RB motors are 150 to 250 dollars dearer than the other brands, the parts are double the price.

I posted my concerns on the RB website but it was deleted, I would like to support my local hobby shop but why do I have to pay twice the price of other brands. Granted the online shop's are cheaper but my local can supply an OS speed for 500 dollars AUD, the US online shops sell the speed for 499 USD. I can get a WS7 from Amain for less than 500 dollars with a pipe but it costs 600 without the pipe from my local hobby shop.

Australian prices are usually within 50 dollars so its not my local shop only leaves one thing, the importer. I am sick of the same ole sob story of screaming poor with the aussie importers, then they play the no warranty card, have you ever tried to get warranty on a race engine!!! they laugh at you.

So unless you shop from overseas its no RB, they have priced themselves out of the market.

maximugen 09-21-2008 09:51 PM

Reason OS is so cheap in Aus is due to the importer. Model Engines has a big deal with OS and thats y u can pick os cheaper here then buying from overseas

and recently i had a mates speed sent to Model Engines with a chipped piston. They gave us a brand new sleeve piston and rod for half wholesale, not bad considering most importers would say hit the road

wingracer 09-22-2008 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jesussaves (Post 4861988)
What’s happened to Novarossi engines not 1 engine in the top 12. An engine manufacture with such strong pedigree and craftsmanship, what’s happened?

There is nothing wrong with the motors, they are better then ever. They just don't have any good drivers anymore.

Vray ran OK with RB power but was also running a brand new car he had only had for a week or two.

Offroad is really all about the car and driver. Any good motor can win any race. If you really want to see how good or bad a motor manufacturer is, take a look at onroad results. Not only does Novarossi dominate but they are the most reliable as well.

slow coach 09-22-2008 08:23 AM

once upon a time there were really only a few motors which were good so all the drivers wanted to run them, now theres a lot of good motors to choose from and maybe certain brands are prepared to give away more motors than others.

ezveedub 09-22-2008 08:30 AM

Novarossi's main focus has always been on-road.

tdeal823 09-22-2008 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by ezveedub (Post 4863992)
Novarossi's main focus has always been on-road.

+1
That seams to be the case with RB also.
I know when I ran a bit of on road I had a RB Rody Mod C6.
Man did that thing put the biggest smile on my face when I ran it.:):nod::)

offroad I run the os

Sam-E 09-22-2008 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jesussaves (Post 4861988)

No GO-Techs, SH, EXTech, either!!! whats your point!!

wingracer 09-22-2008 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sam-E (Post 4864738)

Excellent point Sam. Since no Go, EXtech, SH, JP, OPS, Axe Rossi, etc motors made the top 16, I guess they all stink.

wingracer 09-22-2008 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by tdeal823 (Post 4864134)
+1
That seams to be the case with RB also.
I know when I ran a bit of on road I had a RB Rody Mod C6.
Man did that thing put the biggest smile on my face when I ran it.:):nod::)

offroad I run the os

Actually, RB sells FAR more offroad .21's then onroad. Hell, they have a hard time giving away the onroad .21's right now. The .12's are the bomb but the C6 is getting old in the tooth (though still bullet proof).

Jesussaves 09-22-2008 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sam-E (Post 4864738)

Sam-E, read my post.. I did not once put down Novarossi. I said what’s happened, to a Co with such strong pedigree and craftsmanship..

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 4864814)
Excellent point Sam. Since no Go, EXtech, SH, JP, OPS, Axe Rossi, etc motors made the top 16, I guess they all stink.

What Point???? Tangent.

wingracer 09-22-2008 05:30 PM

The point is that a whole lot of motors didn't make the main. Why single out Novarossi? If you have no desire to say anything against Novarossi then why did you start this thread?