Wiki Posts
Search

hara and hotbodies world champs

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
i would'nt of picked hara either, but it does'nt surprise me. an electric sedan racer of his caliber is going to have superior throttle control, reflexes, and car set-up knowledge.
congrats to hb and hara
hara started in EP offroad and still races EP offroad (making the A at last years worlds) but is better known as an on-roader. probably because thats what he won the wolrd's in.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Awesome job to Hotbodies and Hara.
: )
Old 09-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Congrats HB,

I to was on the bench wondering about the D8.I have been looking at getting a buggy for this winter season.And it was a toss up between the D8,losi 2.0 and the hyper 9.Well since the hyper as no release date i crosed it out.then it was down to the losi and the HB.So i thought i would see how they did at the worlds.It just so happen that this week we ordered some of the D8's in at the shop.So as soon as i seen the D8 i looked at it a drooled over the box.But I thought i will hold off and see what happens.But ever time i walked into the shop it seemed like the buggy would call my name when i walk by it.SO long story short i went to the shop this morning a grab it.Now since they have won the worlds i put 2 more kits on the order for monday just so i have parts.Cause iam willing to bet they start selling like crazy this week.And they are saying parts wont be out untill mid to late oct.Horizon not showing them out untill oct 30.So if you are planing on buying the D8 might want to buy 2 of them.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cjm1126
losi is the car that they pretty much copied when they designed the d8
Xray aside which is more than a blatant Losi clone, the HB is nowhere near, similar in areas with radio layout but thats it how can that be a losi copy.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:24 PM
wfo
Tech Regular

Location: SO. CAL. Thunder alley, revelation raceway The Dirt -Perris RIP OCRC
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Angry

Having 4 cars in the final is amazing. Congats to Atsushi (should have picked him ,I had sushi last night) O.S. and Proline. Its kind funny that his speed cost way more then the kit? Now i think (Know) these other kits are over-priced.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My step-son wins most of the time @ our local events and he drives a CEN, and he beats up on the Losi drivers all the time. I think his kit cost around
$ 350.00 So yes a less expensive car can easily beat the competition. Of course motors that last a 60 minute main are also important but that's another thread.
I guess i'll stop making fun of my friend who 4 weeks ago told me he was getting a Hot Bodies, I was like
Old 09-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cjm1126
losi is the car that they pretty much copied when they designed the d8
I watched a buddy of mine build his new D8. Good quality. But definately not a Losi copy. The chassis is much wider. About the only thing close is the shock body size and the center diff is moved slightly off center. The designer was interviewed on Liverrc. He said he tried to keep things "simple". And since 1/8th off road is more about consistancy and finishing than it is about fast lap times, maybe simple is a good concept.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Regular

Little can go wrong when the KISS Principle is applied, in all aspects of life.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

KISS principle?

The work HotBodies put into losing the "Just a toy car" company has paid off. I have seen a D8 up close past two weekends, they really are well built... guy running it has built a few cars and was impressed in how easy it went together. Some nice design features in there and looks very solid... and kicked my ass. I really don't get the Losi clone comments. Not even as a quick glance does it look like an imitation.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IanWright
KISS principle?

The work HotBodies put into losing the "Just a toy car" company has paid off. I have seen a D8 up close past two weekends, they really are well built... guy running it has built a few cars and was impressed in how easy it went together. Some nice design features in there and looks very solid... and kicked my ass. I really don't get the Losi clone comments. Not even as a quick glance does it look like an imitation.

KISS = (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Just meaning that often the simplist solution is often the best one and that being a part of the D8's design principle.

+1 on the remark that the D8 is no losi clone.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IanWright
KISS principle?

I really don't get the Losi clone comments.
It's just a way to make yourself feel better.

Bottom line is after 60 min of racing even a 12 second margin wouldn't amount to a hill of bean to most of us.

However a $100-150 price difference will.

If hotbodies copied the Losi than the losi copied the Hellfire front end. LOL
PS: My D8 will be here wednesday!!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm waiting to see the H.B. price go up now.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I forsee a D8WCE coming soon to a LHS near you for $499!!

That is if HB does what they did with the Cyclone after Hara won the on-road worlds.
Congrats to all who made the A-main and it is always nice to see a on-road driver beat all in the dirt. And yes I know he runs EP off-road too, but I got to just get a rub in
Old 09-22-2008, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
... I got to just get a rub in
Do that on your own time Mister not while you're typing on this forum!!!! Haha.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:00 AM
Suspended

I can see it already -- bunches of folks all a-lathered and in a tither, banging on the hobby shop doors this morning, trying to acquire or placing their order for ... only run no better with it next year than they ran with whatever this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.