R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2008, 05:23 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
CEN ENTHUISED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4
Questions?? cleaning the hard places

does anyone know how to clean under the radio and battery box,under the engine,under the fuel tank and in the shocks without taking everything apart?????
__________________
visit www.boystoyz.ie for everything rc!!!
CEN ENTHUISED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:28 AM   #2
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEN ENTHUISED View Post
does anyone know how to clean under the radio and battery box,under the engine,under the fuel tank and in the shocks without taking everything apart?????
Yeah, sprinkle with magic dust, say your prayers, click your heels together and say "I think I can, I think I can"................................
cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:45 AM   #3
Tech Rookie
 
CEN ENTHUISED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4
Default

yeah......thanks for that,anyone else???
__________________
visit www.boystoyz.ie for everything rc!!!
CEN ENTHUISED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:58 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: All Over So. Fla.
Posts: 985
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

There really is not any other good way but to take it apart.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:44 AM   #5
Tech Rookie
 
CEN ENTHUISED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4
Default

ok,thanks. . . . .
__________________
visit www.boystoyz.ie for everything rc!!!
CEN ENTHUISED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:31 AM   #6
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEN ENTHUISED View Post
yeah......thanks for that,anyone else???
I mean, for real --- you had to have been kidding.
Or at least seen it coming and been aware that somebody was going to laugh.
cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:53 AM   #7
Tech Regular
 
El Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
I mean, for real --- you had to have been kidding.
Or at least seen it coming and been aware that somebody was going to laugh.
Cracka, if you look at his name you see it says "tech rookie" which means he may not automatically know the ins and outs that the more experience guys knows, so it's a legit question. Part of growing this hobby is helping the lesser experience guys by sharing knowledge. So in other words, grow up and stop being a piece of male genatalia.

CEN ENTHUISED, there really is no other way than disassembly to properly clean your rig. If you have a air compressor, Home depot sells a pneumatic engine cleaner gun that acts as a mini pressure washer and you can lather your buggy in Simple Green or Dow Scrubbing Bubbles, let it sit for 3 min and then rinse with the gun. Even baked on Georgia Red Clay falls right off. After you rinse, drown your buggy in WD-40 to displace any moisture, especially where there are bearings and metal ball connectors. Hope this helps.

See how it works Cracka? Now that wasn't so hard.
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:59 AM   #8
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 47
Default cleaning gum

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=1185
aspris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:16 AM   #9
Tech Regular
 
El Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspris View Post
Is this stuff reusuable? It's an awful small jar and at $14 bucks kinda pricey.
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:34 AM   #10
Tech Initiate
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 41
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

yeah I would go with an air compressor, thats what I use and its probably the only way you're going to get it clean without really taking it apart. tooth brush sometimes helps but can be time consuming. maybe get one of the smaller Co2 tanks for paint ball and figure out a way to attach an air nozzle to it, it would be portable, refillable and easy to move around, alot cheaper too. I may have to try that myself.
racinmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:58 AM   #11
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tigre View Post
Cracka, if you look at his name you see it says "tech rookie" which means he may not automatically know the ins and outs that the more experience guys knows, so it's a legit question. Part of growing this hobby is helping the lesser experience guys by sharing knowledge. So in other words, grow up and stop being a piece of male genatalia.

CEN ENTHUISED, there really is no other way than disassembly to properly clean your rig. If you have a air compressor, Home depot sells a pneumatic engine cleaner gun that acts as a mini pressure washer and you can lather your buggy in Simple Green or Dow Scrubbing Bubbles, let it sit for 3 min and then rinse with the gun. Even baked on Georgia Red Clay falls right off. After you rinse, drown your buggy in WD-40 to displace any moisture, especially where there are bearings and metal ball connectors. Hope this helps.

See how it works Cracka? Now that wasn't so hard.
I guess all you Tech Rookies pay attention to that sort of stuff.

BTW --- just for you rookies --- it ain't too smart to be blowing scrubbing bubble or simple green or stuff into your bearings and other creavices with compressed air. All the WD-40 on the planet isn't going to displace it.

Nope, that wasn't so hard at all latigre. <<<rollseyes>>>
cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #12
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

I use compressed air, blow gun with a narrow steel tube
and a bunch of different size cheap paint brushes. Also
we coat everything with WD40 before running in the mud.
Remember, only the shelf queen off-road rc's never get
dirty.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:25 AM   #13
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
BTW --- just for you rookies --- it ain't too smart to be blowing scrubbing bubble or simple green or stuff into your bearings and other creavices with compressed air. All the WD-40 on the planet isn't going to displace it.

ill 2nd that.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:45 AM   #14
Tech Regular
 
Rocket XUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 278
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

the only "right" way is take it apart. But these work great for getting into all the nooks and cranys.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=90631
__________________
I may be dyslexic but it makes perfect sense to me.
Rocket XUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:51 AM   #15
Tech Regular
 
El Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
I guess all you Tech Rookies pay attention to that sort of stuff.

BTW --- just for you rookies --- it ain't too smart to be blowing scrubbing bubble or simple green or stuff into your bearings and other creavices with compressed air. All the WD-40 on the planet isn't going to displace it.

Nope, that wasn't so hard at all latigre. <<<rollseyes>>>
Good man Cracka, now you're contributing input and being more useful to the forum despite your over abundance of sarcasm and under abundance of home training (your parents must be proud).

Anywho, I agree with you that WD-40 doesn't displace 100% of the moisture however if you race often, then the damage from grit and dirt in your bearings not being removed is greater than a smigen of moisture that will evaporate as soon as your bearings heat up during racing.
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you clean YOUR car with? CaptainHowdyt13 Electric Off-Road 24 05-16-2009 11:08 PM
First impression of the RC8. Furadi Nitro Off-Road 35 04-16-2008 05:07 PM
Cleaning buggy racetrackready Rookie Zone 37 10-19-2007 06:58 PM
Cleaning our cars dct147 Nitro On-Road 152 12-14-2005 03:19 PM
Adelaide 1/8th Buggies v0rtex Australian Racing 225 11-09-2005 04:56 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:43 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net