Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cleaning the hard places

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cracka
pardon me, but there's nothing to read if no one knows what you're saying because you don't know what you're spelling
If no one knows what I was talking about, they were probably born yesterday. Step away from the binary, old man.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Dude!!!get an air compressor and you will be the guy going to the track with a new car everytime
Old 09-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fear
If no one knows what I was talking about, they were probably born yesterday. Step away from the binary, old man.
If you're using a word that doesn't exist in the English language perhaps it be more prudent if you start speaking English so all us ordinary and old folk have a clue to what you're trying to put across.
Otherwise it just makes you not only look pompous, but clueless.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RCabcs
Otherwise it just makes you not only look pompous, but clueless.
Lol. I don't know how using internet slang makes me appear pompous, but whatever helps you sleep at night, cheif.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Suspended

Lol. I don't know how using internet slang makes me appear pompous, but whatever helps you sleep at night, cheif.
Hmmm - didnt' find it on
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Innanets
and didn't find it on
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Innanets

So since it doesn't exist in either the English language, or as a Internet slang term that means you're just making stuff up as you go along.
Nice try.

btw - it's spelled "chief"
Old 09-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RCabcs
Hmmm - didnt' find it on
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Innanets
and didn't find it on
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Innanets

So since it doesn't exist in either the English language, or as a Internet slang term that means you're just making stuff up as you go along.
Nice try.

btw - it's spelled "chief"

Lol. Awesome, guy. Awesome.

P.S. Thanks for catching my typing error, I DON'T KNOW HOW I COULD HAVE GONE ON IN LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!
Old 09-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Suspended

Lol. Awesome, guy. Awesome.

P.S. Thanks for catching my typing error, I DON'T KNOW HOW I COULD HAVE GONE ON IN LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!
You da man!

Though it sure would have been nice if you had been courteous enough to clue us old folks in on what you were trying to say instead of being so busy being coy.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure "Innanets" is simply phonetic for "Internets", which is why he followed with "Serious business" as a sarcastic observation of all the bickering. Are we really so uptight the guy can't get away with a little phonetic slang on an RC forum?

I picked up a cheap Craftsman compressor off Craigslist and use denatured alcohol to clean after racing. I feel pretty safe using the denatured alcohol b/c it won't rust anything, mostly because it dries in seconds. I find the alcohol loosens things up and the compressor blows it all over my garage (and off the buggy). I try not to blow anything directly into the bearings though.

My next step is to wipe and toothbrush WD-40 all over the car. I even coat the engine with it. If it gets a little thick I just wipe or blow it off. It gives everything a nice sheen and may or may not keep some of the dirt from adhering next time on the track. Either way it looks shiny and clean and makes me feel fast!

Every few races, as time permits, I do the real clean, which means taking it all apart and soaking, washing, scrubbing, dishwasher-ing (some parts), and gettin’ it clean as new.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by t0adman
I'm pretty sure "Innanets" is simply phonetic for "Internets", which is why he followed with "Serious business" as a sarcastic observation of all the bickering. Are we really so uptight the guy can't get away with a little phonetic slang on an RC forum?
At least someone caught it.

I picked up a cheap Craftsman compressor off Craigslist and use denatured alcohol to clean after racing. I feel pretty safe using the denatured alcohol b/c it won't rust anything, mostly because it dries in seconds. I find the alcohol loosens things up and the compressor blows it all over my garage (and off the buggy). I try not to blow anything directly into the bearings though.

My next step is to wipe and toothbrush WD-40 all over the car. I even coat the engine with it. If it gets a little thick I just wipe or blow it off. It gives everything a nice sheen and may or may not keep some of the dirt from adhering next time on the track. Either way it looks shiny and clean and makes me feel fast!

Every few races, as time permits, I do the real clean, which means taking it all apart and soaking, washing, scrubbing, dishwasher-ing (some parts), and gettin’ it clean as new.
Amen to the compressor/alcohol. Sometimes I'll wipe a little Tri_flow like you do with the WD because TF has teflon in it, and it does a pretty decent job shedding dirt/clay.