R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #16
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

lol.

Even a thread about cleaning has people being smart you all know whats on this site. (not trying to start a fight or point fingers, this sites just getting out of hand in some places)

I clean my buggy's with Simple green and Pledge, may get a little expensive after awhile, but the Simple green with a little water and some rubbing alcohol mixxed in cleans real nice, blow it off with a air compressor, and spray down with some Pledge (I use the orange kind to cover the Nasty simple green smell) The Pledge is almost like a thin layer of, idk, wax almost, so dirt does not stick. Plus my car looks nice and shiny and smells good before a run. Almost brings you confidence having a shiny clean car...

And just take the time to take your radio tray out, its so much better to get it perfect and clean. And the more you do it, the easier it gets every time, and with the pledge the dirt will just blow out from the underside of your tray.
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:13 PM   #17
Tech Regular
 
El Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
lol.

Even a thread about cleaning has people being smart you all know whats on this site. (not trying to start a fight or point fingers, this sites just getting out of hand in some places)

I clean my buggy's with Simple green and Pledge, may get a little expensive after awhile, but the Simple green with a little water and some rubbing alcohol mixxed in cleans real nice, blow it off with a air compressor, and spray down with some Pledge (I use the orange kind to cover the Nasty simple green smell) The Pledge is almost like a thin layer of, idk, wax almost, so dirt does not stick. Plus my car looks nice and shiny and smells good before a run. Almost brings you confidence having a shiny clean car...

And just take the time to take your radio tray out, its so much better to get it perfect and clean. And the more you do it, the easier it gets every time, and with the pledge the dirt will just blow out from the underside of your tray.
On the money dude on both observations. I never thought of pledge, but it makes sense. I use pledge to polish the outside of my lexan bodies but now I have another good use for it. Thanks for the input.
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:47 PM   #18
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 290
Default

.................
cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #19
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 290
Default

Good one laTigra, you've still managed to show off your own sarcasm while lambasting me. You might wanna check with mom about that "two wrongs don't make a right" day of hometraining you musta missed.

btw --- Unless you're actually cleaning the bearings between dates, you're just fooling yourself if you think you're doing anything by cleaning off the outside of them. And by blowing around that dust and moisture from cleaners, dirt also has a way of working its way inside bearings and leading to rust and pitting thus doing more damage than good.
cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #20
Tech Master
 
porkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Niles,Michigan
Posts: 1,007
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
Yeah, sprinkle with magic dust, say your prayers, click your heels together and say "I think I can, I think I can"................................
your an ass!
__________________
AE T4: 8.5 AE B4: 10.5 AE B44: 7.5
www.michianabuildingsupplies.com(Sponsor)
www.embassyrcraceway.com
www.michianarc.com
www.steelmx.com(Sponsor)
porkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #21
Tech Regular
 
bigsquidracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: redding
Posts: 445
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

have any one else noticed is that in almost all the threads all we do is rag on each other and just help out.


use an aircompressor, take it apart and use a rag and you choice of cleaner( simple green, goo gone), you can also use the compressed little air cans you may use to clean your computer ( if you have the money to buy them), or use q tips with you cleaner on the tip and dig out the dirt and oil with those ( my choice, because i have a cr x1x and the radio box is high enough to get them under it)
__________________
What goes around comes around
bigsquidracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:13 PM   #22
Tech Regular
 
El Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
Good one laTigra, you've still managed to show off your own sarcasm while lambasting me. You might wanna check with mom about that "two wrongs don't make a right" day of hometraining you musta missed.

btw --- Unless you're actually cleaning the bearings between dates, you're just fooling yourself if you think you're doing anything by cleaning off the outside of them. And by blowing around that dust and moisture from cleaners, dirt also has a way of working its way inside bearings and leading to rust and pitting thus doing more damage than good.
FINALLY!! you caught on!! You don't seem to appreciate when someone is sarcastic toward you, but when CEN asked a legit question that a lot of new people ask your reply was :

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
Yeah, sprinkle with magic dust, say your prayers, click your heels together and say "I think I can, I think I can"................................
Instead of being helpful and then being an ass or being helpful while being an ass, you took the I'm only gonna be an ass route.

Don't take this the wrong way cause I can tell you know what you're talking about and have some knowledge about RC, but this forum is meant to offer help to newbies who get into RC and need some much needed answers from the oldheads.

I will be the first one to apoligize for dissin you, but I can tell you didn't appreciate it and you deserved it for being prickish. Now put yourself in CEN's place. BigSquadRacer and Owen RaCing are exactly right about people getting out of hand on these forums.
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #23
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
lol.

Even a thread about cleaning has people being smart you all know whats on this site. (not trying to start a fight or point fingers, this sites just getting out of hand in some places)

I clean my buggy's with Simple green and Pledge, may get a little expensive after awhile, but the Simple green with a little water and some rubbing alcohol mixxed in cleans real nice, blow it off with a air compressor, and spray down with some Pledge (I use the orange kind to cover the Nasty simple green smell) The Pledge is almost like a thin layer of, idk, wax almost, so dirt does not stick. Plus my car looks nice and shiny and smells good before a run. Almost brings you confidence having a shiny clean car...

And just take the time to take your radio tray out, its so much better to get it perfect and clean. And the more you do it, the easier it gets every time, and with the pledge the dirt will just blow out from the underside of your tray.
Thats why your car always sucks!

JK Mike. I usually just take my car apart, but if im feeling lazy, I use this way. But usually I take my car apart to change things, so it would of had to come apart anyhow
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:55 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice
 
Fear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Orland Park, IL
Posts: 92
Send a message via AIM to Fear
Default

Although Simple Green works well, I prefer to use Sram's bike wash. It's a great product for cleaning, isn't horribly expensive, and foams pretty well.

Any part that I can, I usually clean in a hot ultrasonic tank -- call me anal, but after working in jewelry for 4 years, it's worth its weight in gold when it comes to cleaning anything that will fit in the tank (except plastic parts).

edit: Sram Pit Stop http://www.sram.com/en/pitstop/maint...ikecleaner.php

Works great on my buggy and my road bike.
__________________
Robitronic Avid
MambaMax 7700kV, LiPo, JR Z9100S

Associated RC8
RB S7, JR Z9100S/Z9100T(nuked, at JR for repair)/Futaba BLS-351

Futaba 4PK
Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #25
Tech Regular
 
El Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
Although Simple Green works well, I prefer to use Sram's bike wash. It's a great product for cleaning, isn't horribly expensive, and foams pretty well.

Any part that I can, I usually clean in a hot ultrasonic tank -- call me anal, but after working in jewelry for 4 years, it's worth its weight in gold when it comes to cleaning anything that will fit in the tank (except plastic parts).
How much does a ultrasonic tank goes for? I hear other guys swear by them for cleaning their diff gears
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #26
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Thats true, what with all the tear downs to
check the diffs and change the fluids,all the
bearings in my truggies get changed at least
every two weeks. Good or bad they get changed.
I thought that he was asking about doing a quick
cleaning between rounds. Damn, some of you guys
like to start some $het with each other all the time.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #27
Tech Regular
 
El Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageworks View Post
Thats true, what with all the tear downs to
check the diffs and change the fluids,all the
bearings in my truggies get changed at least
every two weeks. Good or bad they get changed.
I thought that he was asking about doing a quick
cleaning between rounds. Damn, some of you guys
like to start some $het with each other all the time.
I keep my bearings until I hear the grinding sound after cleaning, even if I got good movement, that's just a bearing waiting to shread during a race.
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #28
Tech Master
 
CanyonCarverR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,340
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

This stuff is the BEST!
http://www.serpent.com/product/1690
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #29
Tech Apprentice
 
Fear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Orland Park, IL
Posts: 92
Send a message via AIM to Fear
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tigre View Post
How much does a ultrasonic tank goes for? I hear other guys swear by them for cleaning their diff gears
I'll give a call on Monday... but a good size tank will set you back a few pennies. You could even go with a "Home Use" kit for probably around 100 bucks. Unfortunately, most of them aren't heated, and are very small. Good for diff gears and small parts for sure, but they're a bit underpowered IMO. I use a Crest Tru-Sweep 950, it holds about 5.75 gallons, and is big enough for most RC parts, even your chassis.

Mostly, I use it for bearings that I can re-pack and gears, but I also clean a lot of my bike parts in it as well.
__________________
Robitronic Avid
MambaMax 7700kV, LiPo, JR Z9100S

Associated RC8
RB S7, JR Z9100S/Z9100T(nuked, at JR for repair)/Futaba BLS-351

Futaba 4PK
Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:04 PM   #30
Tech Regular
 
El Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
I'll give a call on Monday... but a good size tank will set you back a few pennies. You could even go with a "Home Use" kit for probably around 100 bucks. Unfortunately, most of them aren't heated, and are very small. Good for diff gears and small parts for sure, but they're a bit underpowered IMO. I use a Crest Tru-Sweep 950, it holds about 5.75 gallons, and is big enough for most RC parts, even your chassis.

Mostly, I use it for bearings that I can re-pack and gears, but I also clean a lot of my bike parts in it as well.
DAMN DUDE!! The Crest Tru-Sweep 950 is a $700 setup. I'll stick with a Crest electric toothbrush and some simple green.
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you clean YOUR car with? CaptainHowdyt13 Electric Off-Road 24 05-16-2009 11:08 PM
First impression of the RC8. Furadi Nitro Off-Road 35 04-16-2008 05:07 PM
Cleaning buggy racetrackready Rookie Zone 37 10-19-2007 06:58 PM
Cleaning our cars dct147 Nitro On-Road 152 12-14-2005 03:19 PM
Adelaide 1/8th Buggies v0rtex Australian Racing 225 11-09-2005 04:56 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:55 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net