R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #121
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NsideLine View Post
Go X2 - and get the one that Chad pre-builds too (Lol, j/k - read your opinion on the pro-built kits earlier under that topic... ;-) - But in any case...

The Associated truggy looks good at first glance. But it truly is just as big a piece of shizz as the the AE car.... Ask around where people know their shit and you'll find hardly anyone who likes associated... They are junk, and that's why they are already releasing an all-new buggy, and prob. a new truggy to follow shortly... I would stick with the X2 - It's gonna be built like a tank... You cn upgrade a few things like titanium turnbuckles, alum. A/B block in the front end..., alum. rear hubs... and it'll last through a main or two without falling apart like the ae will...

My friend Kevin has the AE truggy, and it is always breaking, or bending hingepins... The design is great on the bench, bad on the track. And if you're getting a better price on the X2 truggy then use the extra cash you'll have left over wisely to upgrade or spend elsewhere... No brainer if you ask me!
sounds like youre friend did not put it together very well if you like the xt then run it i blow past many of them its all about the set up and driver partner
tom slick 50 is offline   Reply With Quote