Community
Wiki Posts
Search

.12 engine setup problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:10 AM

Default .12 engine setup problems

Hey all,
When the engine was new, it had good pickup, but would get choppy warm (as it would die and not idle). I could always restart however.

After the break in period I leaned out the mixture a bit, but under full throttle it would still smoke, and seemed to run good until it would completely warm up, at which point throttle response was good, but just didn't have the power it should. I richened it back up, and it made no difference.

The entire time, it has gotten bad fuel usage ( about a tank every 5-10 minutes of mid style street driving)

I have not changed the glow plug, like I guess is recommended, but what else could it be? Thanks for any help!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Since you are somewhat new to the hobby I suggest going to Hobbytown at Kellogg and Rock Rd. Ask for Steve. He is a very knowlegeable racer whom we race with often. Plus he is The Man at that particular store. He'll have no problems helping you out.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:18 PM

WOW I HAVE BEEN THERE!!!
IS THAT YOUR GT???

Ill pay for a ride!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

LOL. No, just a dream car. Sorry to disappoint. There are a couple that live here in Hutch. And I see them often enough to know they are getting treated right. They sound awesome at WOT!!