R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   EXTREME RACING TURBO PLUG (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/243041-extreme-racing-turbo-plug.html)

Jesussaves 09-18-2008 04:34 AM

EXTREME RACING TURBO PLUG

Hi All,

Has anyone tried/used EXTREME RACING TURBO PLUGS?

Could you please give some feedback? I am looking for a cheaper alternative Turbo Plug to use in my Novarossi 5PT engine.

Thanks for all your help.:nod:

wingracer 09-18-2008 06:04 AM

You will think I'm crazy here but this craze is sweeping the on road scene and I bet you will see off road guys doing it soon as well.

A cheaper alternative for Nova motors is GRP Ninja or actual GRP plugs.

Now I know what you are thinking, those plugs are even more expensive but they last FAR longer then anything else. Makes it cheaper in the long run.

Everyone else will probably say OD plugs. Haven't tried them myself but they seem to be the popular choice.

Jesussaves 09-18-2008 03:53 PM

Thanks Wingracer, I don't your crazy, I was going to try some OS P3/P4 plugs as I have some spare from running a GO engine. I thought I'd ask and get some second opinions before I go wrecking and destroying my engine.

GRP plugs are readily available in my area. What number plug would you recommend in the GRP range? I'll be 25% with 12% oil.

Does it seal as good as a Nova Plug does or does it have a slight leak?

Thanks for help, appreciate you time and effort. :nod:

wingracer 09-18-2008 04:20 PM

I have has OS plugs leak in Nova motors though it does work sometimes.

I haven't seen any leakage with GRP Ninja's yet.

If you normally run hot plugs (#5) go with a 5 in GRP. GRP also has a 4 if you can find them that works great in offroad. I run 7's in onroad and will be trying 6's in off road soon.

Jesussaves 09-18-2008 04:27 PM

Wingracer, are the GRP Ninja and the new GRP plugs the same?

wingracer 09-18-2008 05:09 PM

According to everyone I've talked to, yes. I've only tried the Ninja's though.

stump27 09-18-2008 05:49 PM

i run the xtreme plugs in my vspecs. his hot plugs are very close to os p3's, and i didn't need to retune. bruce's stuff is topnotch. i also run his carbon shock towers on my mbx5t. saves weight and no breakages and i've run them over a year. i also think his ceramic bearings are some of the best. i would highly recommend anything in the xtreme line......

Jesussaves 09-18-2008 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 4853141)
According to everyone I've talked to, yes. I've only tried the Ninja's though.

Wingracer, I can only get the newer GRP plugs, not the original GRP Ninja plugs.

Thanks for your help.:nod:

Originally Posted by stump27 (Post 4853271)
i run the xtreme plugs in my vspecs. his hot plugs are very close to os p3's, and i didn't need to retune. bruce's stuff is topnotch. i also run his carbon shock towers on my mbx5t. saves weight and no breakages and i've run them over a year. i also think his ceramic bearings are some of the best. i would highly recommend anything in the xtreme line......

Good info, seems to me they have a similar thread pattern to the OS, will email extreme racing and find out if his plugs fit in Novarossi engines. Thanks for the feed back. :nod: