Wiki Posts
Search

your WTF moments in RC

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan Reino
I must share my Retarted Moment w/ my fellow Hobby Enthusiasts.

This past weekend, I put it in the A at the SIC in Alabama. I was very pleased w/ all my equiptment. Everything was going great till the horn went off. I started 10th in a 15 car Buggy AMain. So I knew I may be involved in a "Hobby Pileup" on the first turn. Sure enough it was like "Days of Thunder". Major Cluster $%&* pile up. Well, the worst part of it is, after the smoke cleared, I drove someone elses Pink, White, and Blue buggy for an entire lap. Well He finally wrecked, and I realized "DUDE WHERE'S MY CAR" well I Looked for the marshall who was running around chassing my car at the first turn and realized, I am oficially to old to still be in this sport/hobby.

Oh well, I'm a Dummy but I was able to entertain my Pit Man....................
haha... i did a lost car at Revelations in CA, i don't know what it is about blind spots when they build that track. I got caught clipped on the outskirts of the hobby pileup and my car dissapeared into the blindspot. I didn't know if it was hung on the pipe or on it's lid. I gave it a few revs to get the sleepy marshalls attention... nothing. By this time 1/4 lap until last place. I rev a little more then i am so annoyed i give up. I gaze around and there is my car on it's wheels, ticking over nicely back around the first corner and neatly parked face into the wall i had blipped it into. Thankfully i am not a mad revver or screamer or someone could have been hurt.

Worst bit was the two friends in the final i was in... i had been laying down the smack talk on all day, and by the time a spectator hopped the fence to rescue me they had both reached me finishing their first lap...
Old 10-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A friend of mine just started racing a losi8 and he's painted a few bodies, and at our local track there is a lady that paints a few bodies. so he wanted here to paint a body for him, she said you buy the body and i'll paint for you. he bought the body she painted it and give back. Then he found out he bought a body for a Jammin buggy. He has a new nickname at the track "crackhead".
Old 10-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a lot of those moments, luck I swear I have none

I remember here recently I was soldering the on/off switch back on to my lrp sphere esc and I still had the battery plugged in because I was testing it, and I accidentally touched the two boards together, and I watched the pretty flame go up and down the circuit board, ouch.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Ok, Ok!!!

here is the biggest WTF!! not rc related though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvha8N3a28U

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 10-15-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

I had a little one last night: I bought a Sportwerks .26 (keep your comments about crappy ready-to-run motors to yourself... this motor was recommended to me by someone that ran it in the nationals... ) and of course I bought the replacement backplate so I could do away with the pull start.

I took it out of the box, pulled out the carb slide and deburred the slot like he told me to, put that back together... sealed the carb with sealant (just in case) and snugged it down. Then I removed the 4 bolts holding the pull start on, and gently wriggled it free. WHAP! The spring uncoiled and smacked me in the face! It didn't hurt, but I nearly jumped out of my skin, and parts went every direction imagineable.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Another one from last weekend... our normal race director is a bit of a wiseguy... I clipped the corrugated on the turn onto our front straight and put my truggy on it's lid... Brian announced over the loudspeaker "Brad, how did you get upside down on the straight?" as the marshal was flipping me over... I accelerated down the straight and glance over to yell back at him to stuff it or something of that nature... looked back just in time to see my truggy sail over the berm at the end onto the rock pile.

Note to self: Ignore distractions, watch what you are doing!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Another one from last weekend... our normal race director is a bit of a wiseguy... I clipped the corrugated on the turn onto our front straight and put my truggy on it's lid... Brian announced over the loudspeaker "Brad, how did you get upside down on the straight?" as the marshal was flipping me over... I accelerated down the straight and glance over to yell back at him to stuff it or something of that nature... looked back just in time to see my truggy sail over the berm at the end onto the rock pile.

Note to self: Ignore distractions, watch what you are doing!

that was a wtf? funny it seemed to fit with your chosen driving style so well that day.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
Ok, Ok!!!

here is the biggest WTF!! not rc related though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvha8N3a28U

that is funny!!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Ok ok ok... I've been avoiding this thread for too long. lol

Mine goes back to 1991 when I raced my Team Losi JRX-Pro. I had about $80 to blow one day so I purchased a set of See's aluminum rims for my car. Not sure why; just to try something different.

Anyway, I glued the tires on using CA and went racing.

After the second lap, I knew something was amiss. When my car came around again I noticed the rims were spinning wildly inside the tires. Needless to say I was the slowest running car on the track.

However, while I tried to pilot my car around the track, everyone else bunched up and began wrecking. While the marshalls put guys back on the track, my little rim spinning Losi passed them all and never looked back.

I ended up taking my first win at that race. I learned a few very important lessons.

1: Never use aluminum rims
2: Should you want aluminum rims, a rubber compound will make em stick.
3: Slow and smooth is fast.

After that race, I slowed down and changed my driving style. Never again did I just punch the throttle and go for broke. Smooth and consistant always wins. It took $80 worth of spun aluminum and a careless mistake to teach me a very good lesson.

Everytime I see a car with a blown tire trying to evade the Police on "Cops", I always think about my Losi JRX-Pro with See's Aluminum rims.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I had aluminum rims on my T-maxx, and they worked great. You had to scuff em up with a dremel before you glued the tire to em. i dont think I would try it for racing though, as they may be too heavy
Old 10-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by boostfiend
Ok ok ok... I've been avoiding this thread for too long. lol

Mine goes back to 1991 when I raced my Team Losi JRX-Pro. I had about $80 to blow one day so I purchased a set of See's aluminum rims for my car. Not sure why; just to try something different.

Anyway, I glued the tires on using CA and went racing.

After the second lap, I knew something was amiss. When my car came around again I noticed the rims were spinning wildly inside the tires. Needless to say I was the slowest running car on the track.

However, while I tried to pilot my car around the track, everyone else bunched up and began wrecking. While the marshalls put guys back on the track, my little rim spinning Losi passed them all and never looked back.

I ended up taking my first win at that race. I learned a few very important lessons.

1: Never use aluminum rims
2: Should you want aluminum rims, a rubber compound will make em stick.
3: Slow and smooth is fast.

After that race, I slowed down and changed my driving style. Never again did I just punch the throttle and go for broke. Smooth and consistant always wins. It took $80 worth of spun aluminum and a careless mistake to teach me a very good lesson.

Everytime I see a car with a blown tire trying to evade the Police on "Cops", I always think about my Losi JRX-Pro with See's Aluminum rims.
well it sounds like an $80 well spent to teach you a life lesson!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jamminnay
well it sounds like an $80 well spent to teach you a life lesson!
Cheap racing lesson, I guess.

I remember my Dad saying, back then... "If everyone would just slow down, they'd be faster." I didn't take heed in his words until after this happened. I could have saved 80 bucks!! hehe.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by boostfiend
Cheap racing lesson, I guess.

I remember my Dad saying, back then... "If everyone would just slow down, they'd be faster." I didn't take heed in his words until after this happened. I could have saved 80 bucks!! hehe.
lol well $80 is alot of parts unless you run a kyosho!!! jk jk
Old 10-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by looper
that was a wtf? funny it seemed to fit with your chosen driving style so well that day.
Hmmm... my chosen driving style qualified me 4th...

(For those of you who know me you know that is a HUGE WTF! As in, WTF, I'm not last?)
Old 10-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

cheering for the kyosho factory driver to win, when you drive a losi, but deep down inside you want a kyosho, but it's expensive with hard to find parts

the inner-conflict

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.