your WTF moments in RC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

your WTF moments in RC

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpz_67
I have done the shock oil in the soda can incident, now I dont feel so bad.
Ok heres one, I bought a new bottle of ae shock oil and they have some type of seal on the tip that must be pierced to extract the oil well I kept squeezing the bottle not knowing about the tip when POW! About half a bottle of 35wt oil all over me.

Yeah, i did the same with some 45,

three quarters of a bottle of silicone shock oil on your crotch IS NOT something easy to try to explain to the perants... lol.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
I do the bottle thing but with the Mugen 7000 wt for the diff. I squeeze the hell out of it and, "pop" the nipple thingie comes off and spill half the bottle. The bad part is, I do this about every other time I rebuild my diffs.
I'm there with ya. All I use is Mugen diff oil and it seems the 7000 wt bottle loves to lose the nipple. I'll even remember it sometimes and try to hold the spout on but it'll still blow the cap off and go all over the table. Thought I was the only one, lol.

Let's see, another thing is I was doing a killer glue job on a set of tires once only to find out that I glued a couple of fingers to the tread. That was a nice feeling ripping off the tire.

I put my rear hubs on backwards a few times (left for right and right for left). Didn't notice till I ran it and found out I had tons of steering and no rear end.

I was racing my bj4 once and the speed control went into thermal shutoff on me about the time I came up to a jump. I couldn't brake or do anything and it launched me into a wall and busted off the front arms. That was a great moment in history.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

for mine i had my buggy upsidown on my lap with fuel in the tank and i was moving my buggy around and the lid puller was stuck inbetween the car and my leg and when i got up i had half a tank of fuel on my lap lol it was great
Old 09-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sam-E
I thought it would be the big toe incident DOMIT!!!
That wasn't a WTF moment, that was just painful.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Mine was more of a WFO-WTF moment. First series race of the year got there a little late so we pitted right next to the track so everyone has to walk past our table to get to the stand. Fired up the truggy and the RPM's just started climbing, tires got so big it got off the starter box and started to leave. So grab for it -tires burn right through the skin-plug the exaust burn the shi* of fingers and everyone and their brothers there to see the show.
Wrong profile on the m11
Old 09-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by K_B
Bobbled my soldering iron and tried to catch it, grabbing the business end by accident... ouch...
Gotcha beat --- bobbled a dremel and tried to catch it, by the business end
Old 09-15-2008, 06:03 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

OWWWWWWWWWWWWW

which bit in the dremel (why do we even wanna know)?

R
Old 09-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Suspended

---- best one I saw....

A guy went to marshall a truggy, of course he didn't get there fast enough for the driver and they proceeded to get into a shouting match back and forth. The driver's still driving while the marshall keeps walking closer to the driver's stand, I guess to make sure he's heard over the buzz of the nitros, and about the time the moron steps out onto the front straight the guy he's arguing with is coming full tilt right for him.

You guessed it, dead nailed him doing about 40 or so, marshall went azz over tea kettle and ended with a broken ankle, truggy's front end got trashed --- nobody won the war.
Both are now track legends, somebody brings it up every racedate.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

forgot to tighten my wheel nuts when i got to the track... somehow i only lost the front left wheel on the last turn of teh last lap of the race... was screaming at the marshal to put the car back on the track so i could complete the lap... i did.

diffs in backwards.

in my old tc3 after i finished building it i wondered why i had 2 bearings left over. come race day and i realised those bearings were mean to help support the diff... broke front and rear.... don't know how i missed that.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hot rod rc
Mine was more of a WFO-WTF moment. First series race of the year got there a little late so we pitted right next to the track so everyone has to walk past our table to get to the stand. Fired up the truggy and the RPM's just started climbing, tires got so big it got off the starter box and started to leave. So grab for it -tires burn right through the skin-plug the exaust burn the shi* of fingers and everyone and their brothers there to see the show.
Wrong profile on the m11
Done that one numerous times, and everytime is as or more embarrasing as the last time.

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
OWWWWWWWWWWWWW

which bit in the dremel (why do we even wanna know)?

R

lol I kinda wanna know, but I have also dropped one reached to catch it, thought better of it. Only to have it take off across the room and slam into my Xbox. Totally destroyed it.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man... i've had a few.

Spilled half a bottle of super thin tire glue on my shorts while wearing them. Next time you are gluing tires get a piece of cotton cloth and put a little on, admire the smoke and then imagine that stuck to your leg.

Nepalm.

Not being able to start car before a 20 minute final, changing plug, running out starter box only to realise it had no fuel in the tank.

Two rear tires coming unglued in a final costing the win, maintained second though

Wheel coming off in warm up lap for a final.

When i started i ran pure white shells on my Kyosho. One random day someone else had the same at the local track, i didn't notice in qualifying and he snuck into the back of my final without me noticing.

Yup.

Fell over marshalling a kids car in practice, slipped a ripped my trousers from knee to crutch.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

saw some one try to kill a wide open runaway by sticking finger in the flywheel... ouch,

in a hury canging batt in starter box,,(make sure you put red to red,) fired the car up tosed on the track and guned it,,,, it went backwards down the pit lane,,

had a cursed car,, and esc, motor, batt, servo, rec, radio, combo you could put to gether,, something would glitch or not run or run bad, but put it in another car and worked flawlessly

for those like me that keep shooting the top off the ae oil or the mugen oil bottle take a extra cap and cut the tip off and use that lid on the bottle when useing and your set,
Old 09-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Tilting the car to it's left, only to have yellow pee-like substance spill out from the stinger and stain my pants, carpet and table cloth...I happen to do this unconsciously everytime
Old 09-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

bouncing a AD1 off a wall at a indoor track after breaking a rear hub. broke ever thing in the rear.

me and my boy drag racing monster trucks. savage with a lrp .28 3 speed. wheeli bar with rear wheel drive, VRS a revo XTM 457 rear wheel drive wheeli bar. both trucks would run upper 50 to low 60 mph. he hit a girl on a mountain bike wide open head on.

knowing the battery in the radio are almost dead trying to finsh the run to check the tune, only to watch it take off across a road to get ran over.

having a 8 year old hold the throttle wide open on a warm motor while u are trying to start it.

going to a big race and remebering to bring your kids radio but leave your's at home.

getting in a hury after breaking in a new motor and not zip tieing the air filter. making 4 laps with no filter on a BRAN NEW motor.

the list goes on and on, breaking almost ever aleen wrench in your box, forgetting to charge battery, forgetting to tighten up a glow plug.

rushing is killer..lol
Old 09-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Mugen bottle,, I just threw out my last bottle which was half full b/c of that. lol AE now.

Had a runaway on my gt b/c I hit the model change button on my radio instead of steering trim, blew the clutchbell and bearings right off never to be found. The wtf though was the guy who tried to stop the flywheel with a full fuel bottle. Wasn't full for long.

To be nice I jumped the knee wall into the straight so I could flip a guy next lane over. Shoulda looked b/c a MT took me down like a ton of bricks.

Two weeks ago the wife let me take her car. I backed into and knocked over a big metal trash barrel. All I could think was pleaaaase don't let that be somebodies pit table!@!

The biggest wtf moment ever though was when I was marshalling. A buggy flipped over frontwards right flat upside down in between me and another marshall. We both went to go get it, before we could get there it popped upright. But not like it completed a circle upright, it flipped upside down forwards then flipped back upright backwards. Like a ghost marshalled it. Me and the other guy just looked at eachother like DID YOU SEE THAT???!!

lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.