your WTF moments in RC >

your WTF moments in RC

your WTF moments in RC

Old 09-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default your WTF moments in RC

- learning to cut with an exacto knife away from your body... the hard way
- holding the tire bead back to put in glue, and the tire snaps back, splattering CA glue into your eye
- having an exacto knife roll off of your workbench and land tip down on your bare foot

I've probably had more stupid moments
just so uh, it never happens to anyone else
and for a good laugh...
Old 09-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Redoing your shocks at the end of the day into a old soda can along with a fresh soda next to it, then grabbing the wrong can.

That sucked!!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Bobbled my soldering iron and tried to catch it, grabbing the business end by accident... ouch...

Sooo many others...
Old 09-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

-having your 1 gallon bottle of water next to your one gallon bottle of nitro. Then not looking when going for a drink and taking a nice swig of 20% o'donnell instead of the water.

Taste buds were fried for the remainder of that evening.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Long story, but funny.

I was teaching someone how to fly rc on a buddy box, wile he was flying around, another person had the same airplane flew side by side in the air and I got crossed up and was then looking at the wrong plane. But he was doing just fine so I hadn't noticed an issue. But then the plane was getting away from the guy, I let go of the switch to take over the airplane. I realized that I didn't have control over it. I was pulling up on the elevator and nothing was happining and the plane was slowly going into the ground. I was screaming "run-away" as the plane was comming towards us and it suddinly landed, and very smoth I might add. I was saying that I can't belive it landed because it felt like I had no control over it. Then the guy I was training said, "what are you doing?". I said, "relaxing, because I don't know how the plane landed". The guy said no, "my plane is up in the air doing "stalls". I then realized I still had the elevator pulled back and the plane was just putting along doing stalls. I was lucky that I didn't crash his airplane thinking it was a different plane. I looked like a big idiot!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dying laughing here, my worst is repeatedly burning th eHELL out of my finger shutting the engine off
Old 09-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I have done the shock oil in the soda can incident, now I dont feel so bad.
Ok heres one, I bought a new bottle of ae shock oil and they have some type of seal on the tip that must be pierced to extract the oil well I kept squeezing the bottle not knowing about the tip when POW! About half a bottle of 35wt oil all over me.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jpz_67
I have done the shock oil in the soda can incident, now I dont feel so bad.
Ok heres one, I bought a new bottle of ae shock oil and they have some type of seal on the tip that must be pierced to extract the oil well I kept squeezing the bottle not knowing about the tip when POW! About half a bottle of 35wt oil all over me.
I have done that and I've seen someone else do it as well, damn them for changing the bottles.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

I do the bottle thing but with the Mugen 7000 wt for the diff. I squeeze the hell out of it and, "pop" the nipple thingie comes off and spill half the bottle. The bad part is, I do this about every other time I rebuild my diffs.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
I do the bottle thing but with the Mugen 7000 wt for the diff. I squeeze the hell out of it and, "pop" the nipple thingie comes off and spill half the bottle. The bad part is, I do this about every other time I rebuild my diffs.
I've learned to use a finger over the lip of the "nipple" after a couple times.

Mine: Leaving the throttle ball link disconnected... changing a steering servo and not checking to see if it was normal or reversed...
Old 09-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
I've learned to use a finger over the lip of the "nipple" after a couple times.

Mine: Leaving the throttle ball link disconnected... changing a steering servo and not checking to see if it was normal or reversed...
I thought it would be the big toe incident DOMIT!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
so many times its not funny

and also managing to forget 2 tighten the grub screws that hold the upper front arms on my 5r... every time

ohh and i put the diffs in backwards on a buggy... cudnt figure out why the wheels would spin backwards haha
Old 09-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trying not to glue my tires to the table/ cloth I'm working on.
I place the tires on my lap.............................. Duhhh !!!

British Menace
Old 09-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jammin_Xtream49
Redoing your shocks at the end of the day into a old soda can along with a fresh soda next to it, then grabbing the wrong can.

That sucked!!!!
Hey!!! I did that!!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Originally Posted by maximugen
so many times its not funny

and also managing to forget 2 tighten the grub screws that hold the upper front arms on my 5r... every time

ohh and i put the diffs in backwards on a buggy... cudnt figure out why the wheels would spin backwards haha
^^^ Done that in my revo once. Atleast it would do sum nice donuts lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.