R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-18-2008, 04:30 AM   #106
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

mt wtf moment is my first touring car (MTX4R) kit i put the handle on the wrong way ....went to go break it in i lift the car up ...knuckle get stuck between the cooling head and the handle ouch!!!!!! almost threw the car across the parking lot
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:20 PM   #107
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

were to start.....glued my fingers to my wheels
then glued my fingers together
just a couple of nights ago i stabbed the palm of my hand with the .050 allen driver..that really sucked but im glad im not the only one out there
ohh and motor spray on the face...make sure to look were the tip is pointed
Old 09-20-2008, 11:04 PM   #108
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default oops

Had just gotten my 7.5 nelson outborad "converted pylon engine"running great on my tunnel hull drop it in rockets around first turn then no steering up the bank, revs to the hilt as i try to run my 39 year butt off.I get about 200feet and hear that dreaded nock. I forgot to feed the antenna wire up the tube. Another 50 feet and I might gotten radio back. Man can those american made pylon motors rev.
I don't how many times I have seen someone start a boat motor backwards and launch it. A inbaord to outboard you have to reverse the leads on the starter. With such high timings you can't hear the difference.
My friend drove his buggy 3 feet up the wall on inside track ,on the back straight and i went about 50 to 75 feet on the wall came down and kept going""" all jaws dropped"""""""""
Put a sleave in backwards
Pull on a motor back plate and damage piston @ BDC
I'll quit while i'm behind
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:27 AM   #109
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by phixd View Post
seriously, it's really not funny when 2 local club racers go to the emergency room due to a NiMH battery exploding in their face as they were inspecting the car when it was running bad.

but it is good and funny to look back and laugh about it when they're back racing the following week with no major damage... and in the A-main
ouch, I had that happen in my garage and I wouldn't want to be in the room when it happened, especially not with my face up close.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:19 AM   #110
Tech Fanatic

At the track one nite, had someones Revo(of course) go wide open down the strate, hit the wall, go 15 feet in the air, land on my brand new EZ up top, go thru and clear the table, land in in my girl friends lap. She jumped up and smashed it to the ground to kill it. And the the BOY thought she should buy her a new one. Now she wants me to find a new hobby. They still laugh at it after any run away.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:39 AM   #111
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

every time Losi rehashes another mini or micro something or other is my WTF moment......
Old 09-21-2008, 10:16 AM   #112
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Allumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Working Man View Post
At the track one nite, had someones Revo(of course) go wide open down the strate, hit the wall, go 15 feet in the air, land on my brand new EZ up top, go thru and clear the table, land in in my girl friends lap. She jumped up and smashed it to the ground to kill it. And the the BOY thought she should buy her a new one. Now she wants me to find a new hobby. They still laugh at it after any run away.

haha, and OUCH. Them E-Z up cloth tops are not cheap. Another racers ez-up took off from wind at the sprintcar races because they didnt have it tied down, the leg went through the cloth on our and missed the hood my of sprintcar by about 4 inches
Allumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #113
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

trying to get on rc live WTF!

| ABSOLUTE HOBBYZ | AKA | HB RACING | OS | KO PROPO |
CJ RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #114
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I'm still wondering how the oil even stayed in there, there not sealed to hold fluid, how did it not just drip out all over the place?
haha, that was part of my reason for thinking. It wasnt dripping, but i did see that it was not sealed, and i was like, how the hell is that gonna NOT leak??? i never ran the car like that, i caught it first, but it is a funny story i guess!
motoclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:33 PM   #115
Tech Adept

ok so last night we were racing at the local track and as i was marshiling i could tell someones electronics were burning. As i was trying to figure it out an e-revo flipped over and as i went to flip it back over i noticed smoke coming from the motors. I disconected the batteries and the motors were still smoking. I handed the car to the guy driving. He went over to his pit area to show his Mother-in-law and wife wat had happened. as he talking to them one of the 7-cells blew up. It scared the crap out of every one especially the guy leaning over the car when it blew up

X1 CRT,Werks .28 B7 teamline,JP-3,DX2
jlinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #116
Tech Initiate

We had a track that was open with no fences around it. One race day I go up to warm up for the second qual. The car gets a little crazy and rolls over the back birm. I hold the brake and go walking down there since no turn marshals are out yet. Get over behind the birm and the car is gone. Now there is a field in one direction and a 6 lane road the other. I go searching and searching. Finally, after the qual, everyone is wondering what the heck I am doing. So now they pause the event and everyone is looking for it. No where to be found.

By this point I cannot believe this had happened and that somehow I had lost my semi new 8ight. So I go off about as mad as you would would believe and walk over to the liquor store. There stands a few people scratching their heads and looking under some cars.

I ran up there and sure as $h!@, there it was. I could not believe it! This was quite a ways down the 6 lane road. Luckly, no one was hit and no damage to any real cars. My car on the other hand suffered a broken con rod. (least of my worries at this point)

But, now as I come walking back to the track with my car, everyone is wants to know;

"Where was it?"

All I could say was that "It drove itself to the liquor store." You can imagine the remainder of my day.

That night I went home, ordered new servos and learned to never, ever, ever , ever, take your eyes off your car. Even for a few seconds.
Sandbagger! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:39 PM   #117
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger! View Post
All I could say was that "It drove itself to the liquor store." You can imagine the remainder of my day.

That night I went home, ordered new servos and learned to never, ever, ever , ever, take your eyes off your car. Even for a few seconds.
What track was this at Clint?

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #118
Tech Initiate

That was one of the races last year down off county line.
Sandbagger! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #119
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ RC View Post
trying to get on rc live WTF!
haha i have you there i was going to watch the ifmar finals, but no it wont let me.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #120
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My WTF R/C Moment..

When I saw that HotBodies won the World's..

Is that WTF enough?
rrawrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote