R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-16-2008, 07:36 AM   #46
Tech Elite

droped xacto tailend first onto carpet and watched it bounce up and stick into bare foot like a dart.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:00 AM   #47
Tech Initiate

This could be such a long list.

Going to my new flying club as a top pilot with about 20 guys watching the eminent flight of my brand new sooo impressive EDF Jet only to find i forget to check the servo direction after a change : Big hand launch big bag of bits.

Showing off my NewTurbo Burns (was a few years ago ) with my new super fast mondial engine in a big field my friend stepping in front of my site then jumping out of the way as it hit my ankles at full speed from the side. Totally sent my legs and me flying till i was 90 degrees to the ground as if being pivoted from the waist. Me ending up completely prone still trying to drive.

A friend making a very bad hand launch (actually just realised same friend with the burns) causing my super fast EDF jet to go over my head backwards and then over some very tall trees. me not seeing anything due to the trees blocking my view flying for about 15 secs on sound alone till i had to ditch. Me going to retrieve my jet from the 14th Fairway which had stuck its nose about 6 inches into the mud like a lawn dart then having an argument with some golfers who claim it gave them a big fright and could have killed one of them, me not helping situation by claiming to have called FORE!

Selling a trainer plane to a complete novice friend (actually same guy as the jet and the Burns!!!! I JUST PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER) and telling him to call me "Before he goes flying". Then getting a phone call to tell me the last he saw of the plane it was "heading East"

I could go on with all the glue stories but i just realised i got a friend to call.
brit_bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by brit_bulldog View Post
This could be such a long list.

Going to my new flying club as a top pilot with about 20 guys watching the eminent flight of my brand new sooo impressive EDF Jet only to find i forget to check the servo direction after a change : Big hand launch big bag of bits.

Showing off my NewTurbo Burns (was a few years ago ) with my new super fast mondial engine in a big field my friend stepping in front of my site then jumping out of the way as it hit my ankles at full speed from the side. Totally sent my legs and me flying till i was 90 degrees to the ground as if being pivoted from the waist. Me ending up completely prone still trying to drive.

A friend making a very bad hand launch (actually just realised same friend with the burns) causing my super fast EDF jet to go over my head backwards and then over some very tall trees. me not seeing anything due to the trees blocking my view flying for about 15 secs on sound alone till i had to ditch. Me going to retrieve my jet from the 14th Fairway which had stuck its nose about 6 inches into the mud like a lawn dart then having an argument with some golfers who claim it gave them a big fright and could have killed one of them, me not helping situation by claiming to have called FORE!

Selling a trainer plane to a complete novice friend (actually same guy as the jet and the Burns!!!! I JUST PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER) and telling him to call me "Before he goes flying". Then getting a phone call to tell me the last he saw of the plane it was "heading East"

I could go on with all the glue stories but i just realised i got a friend to call.

Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:19 AM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

first time at the track rebuilt diffs all ready to go. put on bump box got it started and ran out to the track. put on track and bam hit the wall backwords. wow did i feel dumb put diffs in wrong way.
kj racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #50
Suspended

ooooooooo, I've got another "seen it" ----

I was at a race once, just a bit of a windy day so everyone was fighting their folding tents, ez-up, and tarps --- and one guy got the brilliant idea to anchor the two upwind side of his new tent to the back of his pickup. It got to the lunchbreak, and guy was known for his burnouts, and sure enough I look up as he climbs into the cab with a big grin on his face. Starts it up, hammers the throttle, tires a-smokin' --- and brand new easy-up trailing and tumbling behind him as we all bust out laughing.
cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:55 AM   #51

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well here is 1 from my time on the mic.

I'm calling this heat race, car has a problem and the young man who was marshallin is trying to stop the car. guess his father taught him to block the pipe to shut it off. he burned himself and over the roar of the engines i could see that and he shook his hand when i sent this deusy over the loudspeakers

'hey you gotta lick your finger before you put it in the hole....i didnt just say that'.

sadly i could hear the entire crowd, pitlane and stand tryin to contain themselves. luckily it was last lap b/c some were doubled over in laughter.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #52
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
well here is 1 from my time on the mic.

I'm calling this heat race, car has a problem and the young man who was marshallin is trying to stop the car. guess his father taught him to block the pipe to shut it off. he burned himself and over the roar of the engines i could see that and he shook his hand when i sent this deusy over the loudspeakers

'hey you gotta lick your finger before you put it in the hole....i didnt just say that'.

sadly i could hear the entire crowd, pitlane and stand tryin to contain themselves. luckily it was last lap b/c some were doubled over in laughter.

R

LOL --- that's "classic"

I once heard an announcer say, as he was trying to make a comment about action in the field, '''you gotta do better than that boy, it's not like putting a move on your sister''' --- things got quiet for a bit, and then everyone starting laughing
cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #53
Tech Adept

I rebuilt my shocks once, not applying locktite to the screw that holds the piston on (losi shocks). I drove around the track and noticed a broken or bent shock. Brought it in and figured out it wasn't broken just had come loose. I rebuilt at the track and then went out again. This time 2 other shocks, same thing. What gives I thought. Then it hit me. I'm a loser.
Larks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:20 PM   #54
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

At the club races I go to, sometimes during the rookie stock race, the race director says :

"Raise your hand if you're gonna win"

and as the rookies fall for it and raise their hand, he hits the Start buzzer.
phixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there was a gas truck that was got started and the servo lock up and the kid didnt know what to do so he let it go it hit the church
building road up the wall about a foot came down drove under 3 cars
going 35+ miss the trash can form about an inch then hit a pile
of branches and fell on its lid full board wide open for about 20 sec.
and tell the piston blew
www.michianarc.com
www.steelmx.com(Sponsor)
porkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #56
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Everytime I have to spend $100 on this beloved money pit we call a hobby
desertbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #57
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrow1 View Post
The biggest wtf moment ever though was when I was marshalling. A buggy flipped over frontwards right flat upside down in between me and another marshall. We both went to go get it, before we could get there it popped upright. But not like it completed a circle upright, it flipped upside down forwards then flipped back upright backwards. Like a ghost marshalled it. Me and the other guy just looked at eachother like DID YOU SEE THAT???!!

lol
I've done that before now, if it lands on its front wheels rather than its roof you just gun the engine and it pulls itself back upright.
Neil777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

i recently did a motor swap for a buddies revo.the 3.3 i put in was like new,but would barely sputter then not run.somehow i managed to get it to run long enough to realize the truck wasnt gonna move.it would die as soon as i hit the throttle.so i tried an os 18,same thing,sputter,but no start.the key to all this,if you caught it(cuz i didnt the first try),is that the truck didnt move when the engine did run....yeah,had the starter motor wired backwards,AND the owb in backwards!this guy was the newbie,and i was supposed to be the "pro"!runs fine now!

i broke the airfilter housing on my vspec,and a little piece went into my engine,f'ed up the glow plug but kept running,but it sounded like somebody crossed a couple of plug wires on a v-8.to this day ,i have never heard that sound again!motor was fine for a few more gallons btw.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #59
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I crashed my buggy into myself doing laps around me!, wound up with a major slice into my ankle, and I've hit a curb so hard with no clue about engine temps, my entire buggy exploded, and melted down to the chassis
Old 09-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #60
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr48 View Post
The one I seem to repeat is to take the whole front, rear, or center of the buggy off to do something like replace a knuckle or rebuild a diff or check something and put it all back on to find myself still staring at the dogbone or CVD still sitting on the bench thinking it would have been nice if those were in the car when I put it back together!
owwwww i have done that way to many times. i hate it when i fix my kids micro-t and i leave the dog bones off. that little car sucks to pulle it apart almost to fix it.