Wiki Posts
Search

your WTF moments in RC

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

finding things in the weirdest places:

losing my Dremel for a couple of days to find that it was in my laundry hamper.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Here's a good one: I was rebuilding my buddy's shocks for his Xray truggy. Trying to be a smarty, I used my right ring finger as a spring caddy throughout the day and in the end my finger got stuck in the spring and almost lost circulation and started turning purple. I panicked so my brain went on shutdown. Luckily my friend had a fully functioning brain and suggested I try warm soapy water.

Lesson of the story: fingers are not to be used as a caddy.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Tech Addict

here you go AlanD

hope you've got lots of time to read them cause some of this s**t is funny
Old 12-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RETRO RC
here you go AlanD

hope you've got lots of time to read them cause some of this s**t is funny
AWESOME man thanks allot
I love reading these kinds of things
Old 12-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Tech Addict

No problem it'll have you lauhing for hours
Old 12-11-2008, 12:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
Ok, Ok!!!

here is the biggest WTF!! not rc related though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvha8N3a28U
heres some non RC related crazy KIWI comedy for you all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVHZ...eature=related

you'll either love it or hate it and if you've ever met a kiwi you'll understand
Old 12-11-2008, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

you'll either love it or hate it and if you've ever met a kiwi you'll understand
Oh come on man, that is such a piss take....you probably already put a link to 'sausaged az' didn't you!!?? Just as long as you don't think Rhsy Darby is funny I guess!!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BOOST
Oh come on man, that is such a piss take....you probably already put a link to 'sausaged az' didn't you!!?? Just as long as you don't think Rhsy Darby is funny I guess!!
sorry flight of the concords and ryhs darby are not for me thanks, as for sausaged as I don't think thats the image of New zealand we want to send to the world how bout you
Old 12-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

wow dude they have been mixing this one up...

this version of the same is a little more pop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5vQ8...eature=related
Old 12-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by looper
wow dude they have been mixing this one up...

this version of the same is a little more pop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5vQ8...eature=related
Yeh looped it's become a bit of a cult thing over here theres T-shirts and all sorts of things.
Just to keep this thread on topic here a WTF moment.

I was marshalling a 20 min truggy final and the young guy leading had pulled out a 1 lap lead at about the 12 to 14 min mark... now the fun starts a funny slipping sound starts to appare under acceleration, this steadely gets worse as his lead gets smaller and smaller.

he manages to get the truggy around all the way to the final lap with the chasers now right on him, with only 1 corner and a short slightly up hill run to the finish he gets tapped by a back marker and comes to a stop.

everyone watching is now yelling come on you can do it but.... he wasn't going any where as there was just the sound of a free spinning engine now.

so we head over to have a look at what do we find but a trail of black oil .... then a spider gear...... then another and a crosspin......1 of the guys picked up the truggy and the rest of the centre diffs internals fell from the chassis into a pool of black sludge.

Now comes the funny part........ the owner comes over to inspect the damage while we're all standing around laughing our asses off, he shrugs his shouldes with a smile on his face and says oh well almost got there, leans over and picks up 1 of the diffs internals and proceeds to drop it rather smartly as it's still extremely hot, hot enough to melt through the diff case. needless to say I couldn't stop laughing for quite some time

I feel a mastercard ad coming on

entry fee $10
fuel $10
new centre diff $60

the look on your face as you burn your hand on a 1000 deg diff part

PRICELESS

Adrian

I'll see if I can get hold of some pics and post them up
Old 12-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

What you say 7 foot 400 pounds!lol.If you got to state how big you are your probley a litttle guy for sure!whats up with the swares?and threating bodly injury?Nothing like a grow up threating 10 and 12 year olds.Grow up dumbie
Old 12-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pro Driver
What you say 7 foot 400 pounds!lol.If you got to state how big you are your probley a litttle guy for sure!whats up with the swares?and threating bodly injury?Nothing like a grow up threating 10 and 12 year olds.Grow up dumbie
dude I think you need to post it with quotes so we know what you talking about as it make no sence at the moment
Old 12-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I was riding a bicycle with toeclips when signup was finally called. I rode up to the signup table and put my right foot on the ground. Suddenly, I was falling to the left with the left foot still in the clip. While falling, the release on my right prosthetic leg caught on the aluminum water bottle cage. This launched the prosthetic leg prosthetic leg about two feet.

As I looked up an older couple was staring in horror with mouths open and eyes bugging. My friends were laughing so hard they could not ask if I was alright. In turn, I was laughing at the expression of the couple.

Not once, but twice I have forget to switch models on my radio when racing two classes.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

New bump box, New engine at the same time. Couldnt get the mill to fire charged the box battery 3 times before I figured out it was wired backwards so the flywheel was spinning the wrong way. Man did I feel like an idiot and during this incident I kept burning my self with the heat gun and melted a brand new carb. BEAT THAT LOL
Old 12-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Just now reading another thread started today...

The underlined, emboldened part made me my face look like -->

Originally Posted by TXRC8racer
So i emailed [unnamed RC company] about the problem and the responce i got was "for your trouble we will send 2 brand new gen 4 tanks at no cost" and no questions asked, i did not even have to send the old ones in, just told them my story and they are sending not 1 tank but 2 brand new tanks!!
Thats best customer service i have ever had!!!
Tanks for a car that is almost 2 years old...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.