R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-07-2008, 07:39 AM   #286
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

No pain, no broken cars just feeling very stupid.

My 7 and 10 year olds have just joined me in racing. I have been taking them to a little carpet oval near our house. They race Cyclone S's with NiMh. This last time out their cars would only run very slowly. I check brushes, reset ESC's, put in back up ESC's, redid soldier points, I could not find it. The next day I pulled everything out and still a problem until I check the charger. Somehow I had changed the number of cells on my MRC to 4 cells instead of 6. Problem solved.

I have had a couple nitro run aways and burn up an ESC for wiring it wrong (being in a hurry)
Trinity .21
Airtronics
RickBac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #287
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Hey Doug,

You gonna come to the Finals? I know you can't race... but I'll have a pit pass for you.

And if you want to step up from that Losi you got rid of... I'm selling my Jammin buggy.

X1CR, No SBB's, the regular 13 mm shocks... (They still work better than most out there) but the chassis is almost new, got some spares including a set of new Kyosho front and rear CVDs, (direct fit and a little less wear) just replaced the aluminum dogbones and cups (those are actually Hyper 8 parts... less rotating mass than the stock center stuff!) with the starter box (getting a new one- that one really needs a belt... battery not included, going in the new box...) and a DX2 transmitter if you want. (No receiver) Have a few sets of practice tires, etc. It would get you started back up cheap... Hit me in PM if you have any interest. Otherwise it's going on Ebay soon.

The Jammin has quite a bit less required work and expense to maintain it than the Losi, turns almost as good, is more stable, and it's competitive. (Seems to me I remember Ron spanking you with HIS Jammin...)
Sweet on the pit pass, thank you. As far as a new car, I'm going to get the 808. Naw, Ron didn't spank me. Unless you count me dropping out (lost my front diff) with a two lap lead over him the only time we raced each other. Then yes he spanked me. I think I was wearing a pink shirt even!! Cause I like it like that..

In the future, (when I get back to the track) I think it's going to be alot of fun racing Ron. I'm sure I'll win a few and so will he. I'm hoping that it's more wins on my side though.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 10-07-2008 at 08:20 PM.
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #288
Tech Adept

My brother and I were at the track one sunday and his Crown on one of his front teeth came loose and fell out into his hand. A good friend/racer gave him some Team Losi CA to glue it back in and its still stuck today!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #289
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
Sweet on the pit pass, thank you. As far as a new car, I'm going to get the 808. Naw, Ron didn't spank me. Unless you count me dropping out (lost my front diff) with a two lap lead over him the only time we raced each other. Then yes he spanked me. I think I was wearing a pink shirt even!! Cause I like it like that..

Welcome to the wonderful world of Xray woodchuck! You'll never want another buggy! C U on the 808 thread!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #290
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of Xray woodchuck! You'll never want another buggy! C U on the 808 thread!
Thanks, I got to drive one and was fully impressed. Even though the radio that the guy had was backwards from how I run it, the 808 rocked!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #291
Tech Master

Ok, here is my radio WTF...

It's converted for left hand...Not odd, I know. But I have the steering reversed. When the wheel goes left, my car goes right...

I know,,,,WTF!!!!

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 10-07-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:03 AM   #292
Tech Champion

Not a wtf, but a pretty costly mistake.

Qualified 3rd in the A,stock, foams, indoors. felt happy with the power and the grip, car felt like it was on rails

Took second almost off the line, right on the tail of second through the right left chicane, turned right, then diving up the inside before the next 90 degree right, so I was 2nd, started to catch 1st and then....

my brain farted, I truly T-boned the apex. Simply cut it too deep and the front of my car was facing the board. No reverse.....

Got lapped by the whole field before the marshal got to my car, by that time my car had been T boned by someone else and 2 cells shorted together.

the esc was toast, as was the motor and 2 cells were all on fire... The race almost got called off as it filled the room with smoke

Damn, I felt gutted and yes, rather out of pocket.

To this very day, I still get called up on it....

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #293
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Allumina

[QUOTE=jkas10;4910297]I used to race 1:1 scale sprint cars on a dirt oval. [QUOTE]

Jkas10, what class did you run? I run nonwing out here on the west coast
Allumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:26 PM   #294
Tech Master

Years ago I was flying my "Hydeout" (FAI pattern airplane) after a big, BIG fight with my girlfriend. I need to blow off some steam, I grabbed my pattern ship because it takes alot of concentration to fly and I could get the fight out of my mind. I was doing a low level inverted pass (about five feet off the deck) at same time I'm thinking, "THAT F----N B---CH when I pulled out. Well being inverted, I pulled straight into the ground. Completly desitigrated a $3,500 airplane. The engine wasn't even salvagible.

Lesson learned..... Never go flying after a fight....

Old 10-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #295
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Years ago I was flying my "Hydeout" (FAI pattern airplane) after a big, BIG fight with my girlfriend. I need to blow off some steam, I grabbed my pattern ship because it takes alot of concentration to fly and I could get the fight out of my mind. I was doing a low level inverted pass (about five feet off the deck) at same time I'm thinking, "THAT F----N B---CH when I pulled out. Well being inverted, I pulled straight into the ground. Completly desitigrated a $3,500 airplane. The engine wasn't even salvagible.

and that's why I dont fly.....crash a plane $3500.......crash a nitro buggy, $50
Old 10-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #296
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Allumina;4922139][QUOTE=jkas10;4910297]I used to race 1:1 scale sprint cars on a dirt oval.
Quote:

Jkas10, what class did you run? I run nonwing out here on the west coast
Hey Allumina, I ran winged cars. Some 410, but mostly 360. Some steel headed classes, some Wissota Sprints. (Wisconsin/Minnesota) aluminum heads, steel block, anything else goes. Sorta like an ASCS motor without the restricted intake runners... I always liked to watch the wingless cars run. grew up in Wisconsin watching Badger midgets. Never ran without a wing though. Now that I am not racing, they started a kinda entry level wingless class. Lower cost 360s. I guess it's catching on and getting to be pretty popular. Keep the shiny side up!
Old 10-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #297
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ahhhh Man, I stuffed a Foamy after a large fight with my dad (Inverted Flat spin, then the sound of crunching depron). lol, busted my Hacker

IS the Pattern Plane you speak of a Chip Hyde plane? Just guessing by the name "HydeOut" lol. Its been so long since i flew Ive forgot or not learned about all the planes and such..

Quote: