R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #226
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So About a Year ago, I was trying to carrie my fuel bottle, truggy, radio, and my STARTER BOX to pit lane. I did not realize my Box was on (Ofna Truggy Box) and it engaged and the wheel burnt a sick skid mark in my arm. I could not even drive that run, it hurt so dang bad. My main was miserable. I still have the scare, its pretty funny
Old 09-26-2008, 08:25 PM   #227
Tech Master

I can't belive I forgot about this one. This is the "TRUTH"... Aero Hobbies has the picture up for all to see.

In 1993 I was visiting my sister here in Lewisville, (I was going to school in SC). I brought my new pride and joy with me, (A X-cell graphite 60 size heli, the first that Miniture Aircraft made{Paid for with student loans}). I was just mastering hovering and thought that I could take my chopper for a walk around the block. Well, I made it back to within two house from my sisters and what I found out later, that my battery pack came unpluged. And my heli started towrads a car then "BAM" it hit it, denting the drivers door and destroying my heli. Oh!!!! Did I mention it was a POLICE CAR!!!!!! And worse off, he was comming out of his house to go to work and saw it hit his car. He then got on his radio to report that his car was hit by a helicopter. I then herd a bunch of "clicks" on the radio. He said that was there way of saying "BS" over the radio. A investigater came out but forgot his camera, I was taking pictures with mine so he asked if he could borrow it to take some photos and he would give me two rolls of film. After a couple of photos, he then had me pose with my heli next to the car, then with the other officer. It seemed like every thing was ok. I've never gotten a bill so I think i'm good.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:51 PM   #228
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Good going jr. LOL. Mine isnt' that good.

Several buddies and I went to a dirt oval 3 hours away. None of us had ever been there and we were somewhat new to dirt oval racing. We were hungry when we got there with the intention of getting lunch before the races start. So we signed up for the race, then went over to their cash register table and they had about 30 bottles of pancake syrup lined up on a table behind the guy accepting money. One friend says "Oh look, syrup. They must be serving pancakes, or breakfast, or something." Second friend says, "YES, I could go for some pancakes right about now."

And with the hopes of a warm filling meal, all three of us looked at the guy behind the register, hoping for a smile and indication of where in the building to buy these pancakes. But no. The guy had a very stern WTF look on his face. Thinking us three were idiots he pointed at the track and said "Unnh uh. Nope. The syrup is for the track.......you know, for traction?"

We just said "ooohhhhh. Okaaaayy." Our hearts sank. We headed back to pit area trying our hardest not to laugh, at OURSELVES, for not know what was going on.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:54 PM   #229
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Air 8's story reminded me of the first time I went to race on-road 1/10 sedan. It was a brutally hot Saturday, and i was out at the track practicing, and the next thing I know the Owner comes out of the hobby shop with about 4 cases of 2 liter bottles of Orange soda, and pits them down on my pit table. He goes back inside, and I opened one of the soda bottles to take a sip, but it was piss warm so i didn't drink it. I said to the owner when he came back out, Thanks for the soda, but it needs ice. he looked at me and said it's not to drink! We spray it on the track for traction! I did not win that race.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:14 PM   #230
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Air 8's story reminded me of the first time I went to race on-road 1/10 sedan. It was a brutally hot Saturday, and i was out at the track practicing, and the next thing I know the Owner comes out of the hobby shop with about 4 cases of 2 liter bottles of Orange soda, and pits them down on my pit table. He goes back inside, and I opened one of the soda bottles to take a sip, but it was piss warm so i didn't drink it. I said to the owner when he came back out, Thanks for the soda, but it needs ice. he looked at me and said it's not to drink! We spray it on the track for traction! I did not win that race.
You would have won if he used Grape soda. Some purple drank.
phixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:28 PM   #231
Tech Champion

I would have done the same thing though. I would've tried to take a drink. LOL. With the syrup that day, everytime a vehicle came by you could smell Mint as the air went by. It was weird.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:15 PM   #232
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to KandyRedCoi

i had a WTF moment today at the Mazda Cup...battery slipped from battery tray, chewed up the drive cup on my SD, and to top it all off...i didnt have any spares...other words, day ended early for me
Old 09-27-2008, 08:22 PM   #233
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
Looks like I'm hyjacking this thread.

This is another heli one. A flying buddy of mine back when I was living in SC came up with this. You walk out to the flight line and get ready for a normal flight. Well you get a spotter out with you, (he's in on it). You start flying around as normal, but then you start putting the radio between your legs, then behind your back. Start dancing around, spinning, then have your spotter cover your eyes, just get get crazy looking like an idiot. But the whole time your doing perfect 3D flight. Trust me it gets alot of attention.. The thing is that the whole time Henry was sitting in a chair in the pits with "his" radio, doing the accual flying. The radio that I was holding was never on..

I miss flying with HC, he was always up to something crazy. If any of you know him, you know what I mean.

ive done that but i put on a blind fold on. good times
Old 09-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #234
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Its not really a good story, but definitely a WTF!?!?! How about when you marshall, and the driver will not let up on the throttle, even when they realize you wont pick up the car till they do!! People don't get it!?
ya i understand that. i really dont like it when marshalling mts.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:36 PM   #235
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

or when you're driving traxxas slash spec class, where a lot of the cars have the same color scheme,

and you end up driving the wrong car after the first turn. The car you're looking at is following your every move, but your actual car is out of your sight driving out of control

I was turn marshaling a race wondering why every time i flipped the car, it just ran into the wall. then the driver shouts "OH I'VE BEEN DRIVING THE WRONG RED CAR"
phixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:42 PM   #236
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

well i love this thread!!

i was marshaling at a race and i was hit by a crazy kyosho driver and broke three toes.. it was an amazing story to tell the boss on monday i tell ya!!
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #237
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was breaking in an engine in a highschool parking lot. Something went wrong electronically, and the car took off, full throttle. Across a ball diamond, and through the outfield. The entire time, I am chasing it and there is a baseball game going on.

Oh, and the engine was garbage.
Semple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #238
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Leaving the track at the end of a long w/end....

NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #239
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to pinky2252s Send a message via MSN to pinky2252s

wes, do you have a 95 camaro z28?

my wtf moment is my first day of racing (a few years ago), i decided to start out racing at my local hobbytown in there parking lot. they have cement filled buckets holding up the wire that tracks your transponder so it was strung about 3 feet up across the back straight. well as most racers know is that you dont really have good depth perception when your standing on a 2 foot bench they use as a drivers stand... my T-maxx full speed down the 70' foot straight going probably 35-40 MPH hops the pipe and SLAMS in to a 20 pound bucket.. a marshal runs and gets it and brings it to me because it died and plops it in front of me. in about 10 secs theres gas everywere, my car has a destroyed front end, arms, shock tower skid plate, bulkhead... there all broken
the power of the impact bent the chassis resulting in breaking of a gas tank, breaking the tranny box in half, and SHEARING the engine mount. and damaged the easy start.. it was about 150 to fix it. I still get made fun of at the track lol "now Tyler we dont want another bucket incident do we?" every time i pass the bucket the race directer says "Watch out for the bucket, dont want to destroy your new buggy"

They got rid of the buckets
Old 09-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #240
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semple View Post
I was breaking in an engine in a highschool parking lot. Something went wrong electronically, and the car took off, full throttle. Across a ball diamond, and through the outfield. The entire time, I am chasing it and there is a baseball game going on.

Oh, and the engine was garbage.
thats funny
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote