R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-25-2008, 09:47 AM   #196
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It was pretty damning. I tried to find the post, saying stuff like "I'll be there early to get some "action" before the race starts", and "I need a lube job so I can roll smooth" and... well, you get the picture...

Another time she saw Rhonda's pic somewhere in there... "That's not an RC Car!?"
R40Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:56 AM   #197
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03racefan03 View Post
Seen the same thing, but with a tire instead of a pinion.

Also, how many times have you seen the guy that busts an a-arm, knuckle, ect. and keeps on truckin to finish the race w/a dirt diggin 3 wheeler

Yeah, my buddy Ron did something like that... at OKC (RC Pro race) in the Sportsman A-main, he blew the right rear shock... asked us to check it when he pitted. Yup, the cap blew on the bottom, nothing we can do quickly... so put him back on the track. A bit later he broke the left front shock bolt, so the left front shock was just flopping... We started laughing... I said "damn, he's gonna drive it until the wheels fall off..." About that time the left front tire ripped loose on the inside and it started spitting foam...

But he still finished 5th in the A-main.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #198
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Domit, those kind of stories remind me of a guy that used to race locally. Nicest guy in the world but it was almost a guarantee that any race he entered he would finish broken, blown motor, 3 wheelin, smoked batt., or something. Man I miss that guy, it was always a show to see him race.
03racefan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #199
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03racefan03 View Post
Domit, those kind of stories remind me of a guy that used to race locally. Nicest guy in the world but it was almost a guarantee that any race he entered he would finish broken, blown motor, 3 wheelin, smoked batt., or something. Man I miss that guy, it was always a show to see him race.
Well... he'd never do that in a club race... but given that he was doing well in points (finished 3rd in the Southern Region in RC Pro) it was a good thing. (Good for the rest of us... he can't sandbag next year, he HAS to run expert!)
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #200
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
Long story, but funny.

I was teaching someone how to fly rc on a buddy box, wile he was flying around, another person had the same airplane flew side by side in the air and I got crossed up and was then looking at the wrong plane. But he was doing just fine so I hadn't noticed an issue. But then the plane was getting away from the guy, I let go of the switch to take over the airplane. I realized that I didn't have control over it. I was pulling up on the elevator and nothing was happining and the plane was slowly going into the ground. I was screaming "run-away" as the plane was comming towards us and it suddinly landed, and very smoth I might add. I was saying that I can't belive it landed because it felt like I had no control over it. Then the guy I was training said, "what are you doing?". I said, "relaxing, because I don't know how the plane landed". The guy said no, "my plane is up in the air doing "stalls". I then realized I still had the elevator pulled back and the plane was just putting along doing stalls. I was lucky that I didn't crash his airplane thinking it was a different plane. I looked like a big idiot!
I think I have read them all this has to be the best. Well i think so any way. I tried to fly plane for a while and could only image the person being trained thought as the plane goes out of control! LOL
Madbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #201
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
(Good for the rest of us... he can't sandbag next year, he HAS to run expert!)
Yea!!! But I can!!!!

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #202
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbrad View Post
I think I have read them all this has to be the best. Well i think so any way. I tried to fly plane for a while and could only image the person being trained thought as the plane goes out of control! LOL
Thank You!

We had a guy at the flying field that his name was Bill (AKA..Wild Bill) His helicopter was held together by duct tape. (No Joke!) One time he had the heli in a hover and the blades just came out of track about 6 inches and then went back in track. If any of you have ever herd that sound, "It WILL get your attention". From that point a buddy of mine would get into his car and roll the windows up when "Wild Bill" was flying.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #203
Tech Master

Another one,
Sorry for all the Heli stories, but I've ben flying for 15 years and only racing for two.

There was a guy that was only about five feet tall and one day he was "palming" the head. Which is putting the palm of your hand onto the middle (center) of the head. (part that hold the main blades and spins) to slow it down after a flight. Well being as short as he was, he was slowing down the head when the blades hit him in the shin and cut down to the bone. "Very Serious", but a couple of months later he was flying again. But this time he had "hockey goaly" shin pads on. I nearley wet myself, we were laughing so hard. I looked for the picture to scan in in but I can't find it.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #204
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
Another one,
Sorry for all the Heli stories, but I've ben flying for 15 years and only racing for two.

There was a guy that was only about five feet tall and one day he was "palming" the head. Which is putting the palm of your hand onto the middle (center) of the head. (part that hold the main blades and spins) to slow it down after a flight. Well being as short as he was, he was slowing down the head when the blades hit him in the shin and cut down to the bone. "Very Serious", but a couple of months later he was flying again. But this time he had "hockey goaly" shin pads on. I nearley wet myself, we were laughing so hard. I looked for the picture to scan in in but I can't find it.
Ouch! Jesus, that was a horror story, not a WTF!! I would guess its really funny now, but at the time? Ambulances and laughter don't usually come up in the same sentence! Glad he's ok though
Old 09-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #205
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Ouch! Jesus, that was a horror story, not a WTF!! I would guess its really funny now, but at the time? Ambulances and laughter don't usually come up in the same sentence! Glad he's ok though
He was more upset about spending $500.00 to fix the heli than going to the hospital. He said, "I have health insurance but no heli insurance". He was accually calling himself an "idiot" and laughing when we were taking him to the hospital. I guess you can say a "good sport".

Old 09-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #206
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to KandyRedCoi
Talking

too many to list here...rotfl

recently: ran my truggy on a dirt track with the air filter off, on a Nova Rossi 21

another incident...no rear brakes on the truggy...i was driving and i was like WTF...it feels funny
Old 09-25-2008, 10:32 PM   #207
Tech Master

Ok! Back in the non-pizeo gyro days, we used mechanical gyros and they had their own on/off switch. Well I was up flying around and my heli felt funny. The smart thing to do is land. But not me, I spent the whole flight trying to figure out what was wrong, then another tank and another. Then finally took it home and realized that I never turned the gyro on. "Idoit"

Heli guys will know how hard it is to fly without one.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:01 PM   #208
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

do this at your own risk... or for a good joke

when messing around with friends on a non serious day, take a small zip tie and use it to clamp your "friend's" fuel line closed.

and then later when the car wont fire up, say "why the hell did you put the zip tie on the fuel line instead of the fuel nipple...noob"
phixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:11 AM   #209
Tech Master

Pranks is it??? This is not rc related but it will make you cry it's so funny. For thoes into watersking. When you are pulling a slolum skier, tell then to run over any piece of trash in the lake for points. Well then take a empty bread bag and toss it in the water. when the person runs it over, it will get cought on the skid and it will stop that ski "NOW". The person starts tumbling threw the water. It's funny as hell. BTW my father named his boat "Bread Bag".

Old 09-26-2008, 12:22 AM   #210
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Sportsman... I'm not even a FAST sportsman... just someone having fun with a toy car. And I wasn't even trying triple double double... just triple double roll, or double double roll... didn't have enough practice time on that layout (unlike you locals who had MONTHS since they didn't change the track for the Pro Series race) to really get it down.

That track didn't look difficult... but when the pros are putting it on it's lid, you know it isn't exactly easy. Like I said, fun layout... (I liked the track last year too... the random humps down the front straight were entertaining.)
Hey man, the track was different. He moved the loop, and there was a bump installed where the loop used to be lol.

This is my first year racing offroad so I never got to see last years layout but I have heard allot about it.

My wtf moment for RC pro was first off having to miss the first two qualifying heats due to work. Showing up 10 mins before the start of the third one to throw my car down on a track that I thought would be familiar, but it was so blown out by that point locals and foreigners alike were on level playing ground. And then since I had a low main because my qualifying suffered I charged my rx pack saturday night. Only to go out sunday morning take off on warmup get on the hump of the backstretch and lose radio... WTF!!!!!!! Luckily I have a lil time bring it in find nothing wrong, okay weird glitch get it out there. Dont even get to start and lose radio again. NOW Im pist. Turns out I just didnt plug the battery in all the way. Cost me two minutes and the bump up to the C. I had the D main handled chances are I would not have bumped outta the c but I was just so angry at myself for taking myself out with such a stupid mistake.

Kyosho 777 WC w/ big bores, RB S5, ACE 1313 s., Air 357 t., JP-3
HPI Savage X SS, Axial .28, Hitec 5645 Steering servo
Nitro TC3, O.S. .18 CV-R
Associated RC18T, Brushless, Lipo
wes95_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote