R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-15-2008, 07:02 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I think I have a sportwerks 053 on my mgt if that will work.
Thanks.
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.d.roost View Post
Sorry for posting a "noob" type of question but the wife has me on a super tight racing budget and I need some real world experience.
I run a rc8 on a small tight track. I have been running a Dynamite .21xp but it has zero low end punch. I have messed with clutch springs/shoes/pipes ect. It has killer top end, but not the punch I need for this track.

I have been looking at the vz-b and the Jammin.21JPX but I cant afford to
make another incorrect purchase.
I own a jp1 and rb mid range pipe (forget part # at the moment) and have access to a jp2 for the rest of the season.
Thanks for any help/ insight.
Jd
I guess I will throw my .02 cents in. Everyone keeps telling you 7 port this 7 port that. If I am correct you said you run on a short tight track. If this is the case a 7 port is a waste. You will never never see the advantage of a 7 port that being the top end speed. All you need is a 3 - 5 port engine and most 3-5 ports have good torque (bottom end) to start out with. 3-5 ports get better gas mileage to boot. They are inherently cheaper to begin with. forget a v-spec your already over budget when you consider this engine. Not that it's a bad engine I don't want to have that argument. You can get a GRP, RB, GO and a few others for less than $200. Take it from someone who's married if your on a budget stick to it. Racings no fun if it's upsetting the household. On a short tight track torque is going to matter and driving skills are going to be paramount. Theres not a lot a room to out run someone with the fastest engine. However theres an ocean of room to out skill someone. Concentrate on what matters most and is more valuable than the best buggy or engine and thats driving skills.

My personal favorite as you can tell from my Sig would be the RB's. Plenty of torque (bottom end) and nobody with any descent engine skills. Would say any less of an RB than easy to tune and Long lasting.

3 port $189
5 port $229

5 port being the best bang for the buck. Great torque and some good top end to boot.