Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking about upgrading

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Thinking about upgrading

right now i have my first r/c truck its a nitro stampede, i bought it used and have been doing nothing but tuning and fixing it, i am thinking about upgrading... ive been looking around and i want something thats four wheel drive with at least a 2.5 motor. i have been leaning toward a new t maxx, its right in price range i want to be in around $365. ive also seen a few four wheel drive buggies that dont look to bad if anyone has any suggestions on something that will be pretty reliable and durable let me know, i am in the process of building a dirt track in my back yard, its gonna have a few pretty good jumps so i want something that will stand up to it, so let me know what you guys that have more expierience in the whole r/c thing think. thanks, jon
Old 09-15-2008, 02:00 AM
Tech Adept

well to be honest 365$ towards a monster truck will be alot better then 365 towards a buggy but it all depends on what you want to do with it also. a 365doller buggy could be an ok starter race buggy like the cen matrix for 330.00 but if you want something easy to use and ou can take in the hills i would get a t maxx the ease of starting it is great for a toy thats the only thing i love about traxxas is easy start but it also looks like it could be a headache
Old 09-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

IMO MT's suck on a track...they need Lots of work to perform any what decent....and for what its worth....like ruggy said....a 1/8 Buggy or Truggy would suite u Much better...there are some decent rtr's...but not many.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Initiate

i was looking at the new t maxx 3.3 i like the fact that its got a decent sized motor and also the fact that its got the whole revo drivetrain which is a good thing, if i got it i would prolly upgrade all the a arms to get a little better handling and some more durability i just dont know if thats a good investment..
Old 09-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Lord

revo's drivetrain SUCKS.....and the 3.3 is a TINY motor in retrospect.

why are u so stuck on a MT ?
Old 09-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

if your main thing is a track go a head and get your self a rtr buggy or truggy i would say the only one i have found that i like personally in a RTR is the cen matrix buggy.

but if you want to go bashing up in the hills and in fields with it as well as go to the track once in a while a monster truck would suit you better especially if your not going out to be the best i actually took my savage xl to the track and it was pretty fun i thought it would get alot of roll with the tires but surprised it didn't do to bad
Old 09-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

365 isnt a whole lt. i would suggest a t-maxx 3.3 though alot better truck for only 20 dollars more.

here is a amain link.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/25457
Old 09-17-2008, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if you want to race a revo can keep up with the truggies, and when you get serious you can get a truggy and have the driving skills AND more power.

talking of power, my revo 2.5R can keep up with truggies on the straight.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by joe of loath
if you want to race a revo can keep up with the truggies, and when you get serious you can get a truggy and have the driving skills AND more power.

talking of power, my revo 2.5R can keep up with truggies on the straight.
a revo beat a trug/bug
Old 09-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
a revo beat a trug/bug
no, it's got too much droop so it rolls at the end of the straight, but I can keep up on the straights
Old 09-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think racing is not this guys focus, with 365 bucks you are going to get a half rate buggy and Truggy at best. I can tell you for the fun factor the new 3.3 Tmaxx will hold up a lot better than the previous models. With the revo drivetrain and upgrades to the plastic, they defiantly hold up better than the previous models. At our local hobby shop I work on a lot of T-Maxx's and they have sold a lot of T-maxx's. Since the upgrade we have not had as many of them in the shop as the previous version. If you want to focus on the racing I would say the new revo 3.3 would be a great choice, out of the box it has most of the upgrades you would need to be race ready. But if your in it for fun, T-maxx all the way!!
Old 09-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

i am new to this whole thing guys and i dont really know exactly what is out there, its just i see traxxas everywhere in every magazine that i read. i really do like the revo, im just wondering if it will be good for bashin too. as far as a buggy or truggy goes id have to spend a little more than i think i am willing to on my first "new" r/c and there not as good for the backyard bashin.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
a revo beat a trug/bug
Yeah, I'm with u there Integra, I'd really like to see a revo beat any buggy or truggy that is going around. I'd stand on my head if a revo did manage to beat a buggy or a truggy I would be shocked
Old 09-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Initiate

i think i may have made up my mind, i think i am gonna go with a new revo that seems to be the best all around truck
Old 09-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i had a old 2.5 tmaxx and it was the worst mistake I ever made. It was slow and fragile! The revo is a much better truck!

I had alot of fun with the revo on and off the track. I have been able to keep with buggies on straights with a modified revo. The revo can be made to handle well but a buggy is still gonna be faster around the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.