R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-14-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default CASTER ZX-1

Couldn't find a thread about the caster ZX-1 buggy anywhere so i thought i would start one. How long have you ran a caster and what do you think about them?
Old 09-14-2008, 04:04 AM   #2
Tech Elite

The ZX-1 is teh older version of the ZX-1R.
Its about 2 years old.
I have been running Caster since late 2004 starting with the ZX-1 RTR.
Im not one to jump from brand to brand but have learnt and grown with the Caster car from its start.

Very similar setup but to ZX-1R but there has been improvements in plastics used, and cosmetic changes as well as quaility control.
I raced a ZX-1 Pro for 2 years and it ran well with no real issues besides the occassional breakage from driver error.
The ZX-1 can be upgraded as you wear out parts to the spec of a ZX-1R which is essentially the bulk heads being the biggest diference.
Pop around the casterracingusa forum and we can give you support and info there.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
Tech Elite

also...shock towers, ackerman plate, no more carbon fiber, better shocks, better gears, different plastic compound....

It looks very similar, but over the past year, the quality and parts used has dramatically shifted. The zx-1 was a nice vehicle, but it created a bad reputation for Caster that has finally been put to pasture. Now we are a serious company that can stand against any of the others. I can't wait for 2009. We have a lot more coming!
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I purchased the ZX-1 RTR as it was my first buggy and as razzor said it has been a great vehicle to learn on. As my driving got better i started hopping the parts up one by one and now there is hardly any RTR features left on it(aside from the suspension arms). It is now a fully blown pro version. The only plastic on it are the suspension arms and wing mount and the rest is alloy with a nice knife edged radio tray and centre diff mounts.

I've also heard caster is bringing out a brushless buggy soon.......should be very interesting
Old 09-14-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

We have an amazingly large product line....and everything that I've used so far has been of excellent quality.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

+1 I just got the 1R buggy but I have been running the truck for a while now. I can't say enough about the products. Great products and great service!
Jonathan Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:44 AM   #7
Tech Elite

http://www.casterracingusa.com/forum/index.php

Pop by the Caster forum and we can point you to the nearest local dealer/distributor.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:11 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yep, awesome buggy. I had a older zx-1 and now the ZX1-R. Many differences and ALL for the better. Parts and quality as good as almost anything out there.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #9
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

I will say this about casterracing in general, I get a real feel that they care about there customers and want to be a big player in the industry. I see great things for them in the future because of this and will definitely give there vehicles a look for any future purchases.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:48 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was skeptical until I ran one. I'm a long time Losi fan and didn't think a relatively unknown (to the US) manufacturer could put together a high quality race worthy buggy. I was wrong. The ZX-1R is very stable and fast, especially with the big bores. I ran my Losi the first half the season, but ran much faster lap times the first week with the Caster and found the car WAY easier to drive. I don't want to be accused of saying this because I'm sponsored by them. After driving a friend's Caster I sold my Losi and bought a Caster because I was so impressed, and then only after buying one for full price did I get picked up by Caster. That's my honest opinion, they don't give me a good enough deal to lie. Nate.
SoonerNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerNate View Post
I was skeptical until I ran one. I'm a long time Losi fan and didn't think a relatively unknown (to the US) manufacturer could put together a high quality race worthy buggy. I was wrong. The ZX-1R is very stable and fast, especially with the big bores. I ran my Losi the first half the season, but ran much faster lap times the first week with the Caster and found the car WAY easier to drive. I don't want to be accused of saying this because I'm sponsored by them. After driving a friend's Caster I sold my Losi and bought a Caster because I was so impressed, and then only after buying one for full price did I get picked up by Caster. That's my honest opinion, they don't give me a good enough deal to lie. Nate.
Same for me. I bought my K8T and ZX1-R before I became a driver for Caster. and just like you Nate, I had a Losi 8ight before the Caster and after driving one I sold the 8ight and kept my Caster. Also sold my ST-RR and kept my K8T!